Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

8 minutes ago, Mar said:

Literally me, I finally bought a Detroit ticket FOUR DAYS AGO and while Detroit is closer to me than Columbus, I would have forced my way into @AlissaGoesRAWR's house and it actually would've probably have been more convenient! That's my life, though 😂 and watch it be cooler for the Columbus show than the Detroit show 😰 

I bought Detroit tickets like 15 minutes before the Columbus show was announced 🥲

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

i think the US only reached around 40% full vaccinated people? you need minimum 70-80% to have sth like a heard immunity in the best case

If we're waiting for herd immunity, we're literally never going to reach it though. I know it would be ideal to wait until that happens but I don't know what else we can do to get there. We have more vaccines than we know what to do with here, and they're completely free, and interest has plateaued. Ohio is literally doing a lottery with five $1 million prizes for vaccinated people to try to incentivize them. It's like satire.

I see we're sending some to other countries now and it's the right thing to do. Give them to people who actually want them.

I'm sure there are still issues with access for some people due to transportation/work schedules/language barriers and I hope we continue to try to target them in the coming weeks. But I still don't know if it'll be enough.

It's gotten to the point where I feel like the country has accepted that we're going to be living with COVID like we live with the flu and other deadly illnesses. About half the country has started 1 dose of the shot (48%). I'm sure it'll bump up a bit once all children are eligible. Children make up about 1/4 our population. But still, 70-80% is very optimistic at this point.

Vaccinated people are already getting really restless because we've done our part while the rest of the country is worried about getting microchipped. There's no way people are going to put up with restrictions for much longer — not just because of limitations on fun stuff, like this, but just from a practicality standpoint for industries like tourism and restaurants that are really struggling. Our country offers very minimal benefits for people who are laid off and the improved benefits due to COVID are being taken away next month.  It's really not surprising things are heading in this direction. We had no plan but "wait for a vaccine" and it's here, but we can't force it on people.

2 hours ago, Mar said:

Literally me, I finally bought a Detroit ticket FOUR DAYS AGO and while Detroit is closer to me than Columbus, I would have forced my way into @AlissaGoesRAWR's house and it actually would've probably have been more convenient! That's my life, though 😂 and watch it be cooler for the Columbus show than the Detroit show 😰 

2 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

I bought Detroit tickets like 15 minutes before the Columbus show was announced 🥲

I mean y'all are obviously still welcome to come hang out — wouldn't be the first time we spent stupid amounts of money on this band, and won't be the last! :P 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

What if all the bands only played each others songs and not their own?     How bad would you freak out?   

Green Day does a whole set of Fall Out Boy tunes.   And not the good ones HAHA

Weezer Does Green Day songs and does okay. 

Fall Out Boy does Weezer, but make every song actually sound like Van Halen.   

Interrupters does a bunch of Johnny Cash covers and boom. 

Beyond excited for the Summerfest date being added today!  Add that with the new track, and I was grinning from ear to ear once I saw all of this news earlier today!  Let me know when there is a thread for the Summerfest date! 

• Like 1

Last time we saw Billie he looked like a slightly chubby trucker. I wonder if he's cardio-ing like crazy from now until the first tour date. It's crunch time! Literally. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

Last time we saw Billie he looked like a slightly chubby trucker. I wonder if he's cardio-ing like crazy from now until the first tour date. It's crunch time! Literally. 

The other question is will he have the black spikey hair back for GMA?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The other question is will he have the black spikey hair back for GMA?

I'm going to say no. It would be a repeat of the last 2 eras. 

4 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

If we're waiting for herd immunity, we're literally never going to reach it though. I know it would be ideal to wait until that happens but I don't know what else we can do to get there. We have more vaccines than we know what to do with here, and they're completely free, and interest has plateaued. Ohio is literally doing a lottery with five $1 million prizes for vaccinated people to try to incentivize them. It's like satire.

I see we're sending some to other countries now and it's the right thing to do. Give them to people who actually want them.

I'm sure there are still issues with access for some people due to transportation/work schedules/language barriers and I hope we continue to try to target them in the coming weeks. But I still don't know if it'll be enough.

It's gotten to the point where I feel like the country has accepted that we're going to be living with COVID like we live with the flu and other deadly illnesses. About half the country has started 1 dose of the shot (48%). I'm sure it'll bump up a bit once all children are eligible. Children make up about 1/4 our population. But still, 70-80% is very optimistic at this point.

Vaccinated people are already getting really restless because we've done our part while the rest of the country is worried about getting microchipped. There's no way people are going to put up with restrictions for much longer — not just because of limitations on fun stuff, like this, but just from a practicality standpoint for industries like tourism and restaurants that are really struggling. Our country offers very minimal benefits for people who are laid off and the improved benefits due to COVID are being taken away next month.  It's really not surprising things are heading in this direction. We had no plan but "wait for a vaccine" and it's here, but we can't force it on people.

I mean y'all are obviously still welcome to come hang out — wouldn't be the first time we spent stupid amounts of money on this band, and won't be the last! :P 

This. So much this. I’ve been fully vaccinated and I’m ready to get back out and enjoy my life again. I honestly don’t know when is the right time to “return to normal” but this is the best things have looked in the country since this all started.

I am SO happy that they decided to postpose the first set of shows to September. That was a really smart decision and I respect GD's management for making that call. That makes me way more comfortable with going. I was having so much anxiety about the show and now some of that is relieved. This will give more people who have yet to be vaccinated the chance to do so before going, and more of the population will be protected by then. Most states should be most of the way or fully open by September, so hopefully this will give venues the time they need to work out how to go about capacity issues and the potential for vaccinated and un-vaccinated sections etc.

1 hour ago, Slave To The Network said:

I am SO happy that they decided to postpose the first set of shows to September. That was a really smart decision and I respect GD's management for making that call. That makes me way more comfortable with going. I was having so much anxiety about the show and now some of that is relieved. This will give more people who have yet to be vaccinated the chance to do so before going, and more of the population will be protected by then. Most states should be most of the way or fully open by September, so hopefully this will give venues the time they need to work out how to go about capacity issues and the potential for vaccinated and un-vaccinated sections etc.

am i missing something? Hella mega and Green Day Website say the tour starts in Dallas on July 24.

30 minutes ago, paperlanterns22 said:

am i missing something? Hella mega and Green Day Website say the tour starts in Dallas on July 24.

I think it's just the first handful of shows that were moved. This is the email I got from Green Day about it along with my TicketMaster date change:

0eTjo06.png

Edit:
Tré posted all of them as well. https://www.instagram.com/p/CO-yHmxg3PN/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

18 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

I think it's just the first handful of shows that were moved. This is the email I got from Green Day about it along with my TicketMaster date change:

0eTjo06.png

Edit:
Tré posted all of them as well. https://www.instagram.com/p/CO-yHmxg3PN/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Ok It is late and I am dumb lmao. For some reason, I thought by 'first handful of shows", you meant like the whole tour is starting in September. My bad 🤦‍♂️😂

I'd go to the States for this tour, but I'm not allowed to enter this country so :lol:

I'm still hoping for a North American tour in 2022.
They were supposed to do it during RevRad in 2017.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xerixio said:

Anyone know how much tickets are going for?

Face value wasn’t cheap. At the venue I’m going to, I think $70 were the cheapest seats and pit was like $190. Plus fees.

10 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Okay now how am I gonna snag cheap tickets to the NYC show?

I’m selling 4 if you’re interested

15 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m selling 4 if you’re interested

It's not letting me message you for some reason but I am definitely interested!

5 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

It's not letting me message you for some reason but I am definitely interested!

Oh it's because they made an update on GDC like 2 months ago. But for the worst.

They've already got a digital billboard up in Columbus advertising the show/tour. I had to do a double-take. This still doesn't feel real!

And I'm honestly still skeptical something is going to fuck it up... :ninja:

• Like 2

So.....I guess Fall Out Boy aren't dropping any RAWK tunes to show off on the tour.  

Oh well.   Green Day and Weezer already have great catalogues, but I'm glad they are putting out stuff custom made for a RAWK show.