Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

2 hours ago, Mar said:

lmao since apparently the U.S. is doing this whole "lol everything is OK" thing, fuck it, I bought my ticket and since this venue (not Ticketmaster) doesn't do refunds, I'm committed to it now ... just gotta hope it won't be hot as fuck :lol: 

I have a feeling it’s either going to be hot af or raining lol as long as it’s not lighting and the show can go on I’ll be happy 

9 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

thinking of hella mega vs. realizing we get to see billie and he’s going to be adorable

6b684d967e6a2150eb70cc330e67364b.png

See, that’s something we can agree on! :lol: 

• Like 2

I don't know how I feel about this. I still don't want to see Hella Mega, but I want to see Green Day. Are they going to check vaccine cards before letting people in?
I'm excited, but also filled with dread. I don't know how early to show up to get a good spot because I've never done a pit show before and I know I'll just be spilling over with anxiety the entire time until I'm in and have my place. I'm fully vaxxed, but I still don't know how I feel about the idea of being in close quarters with so many people.

• Like 2

I wonder if this insistence on making this tour go ahead this year no matter what has something to do with having to pay off a debt to Warner.

By July most places are going to be fully open in the US, the attendance limits and vaccinated/unvaccinated sections will be lifted.  Rise Against is playing in NY at the end of July at Pier 17 and the mets sent out an email saying Dead and Company is playing Citi Field on Aug 20th.   It looks like the tour is going to happen.

• Like 3

Not going to be any vaccine card checks, that would be a nightmare to try to enforce for stadium shows.   If you want to go to a show, get your shots and protect yourself,  because it's very likely that there will be liability waivers you have to agree to when buying tickets for all parties involved.  Shows will happen at high capacity when the venue and promoters can protect themselves from legal action, not necessarily when it's safe, so look out for yourself and your loved ones.

It seems like the Toronto show will have to be rescheduled, cause the city is still in a stay-at-home order until the first week of June...
Also I'm schedule for my second dose of the vaccine (They've been spacing them out between four months cause our supply was hella-mega low) for the day AFTER the concert...so, we'll see.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Other Billie said:

Looks like the motley Crue Def Leppard stadium  Tour  got  postponed to next year. 

Yeah, I was about to mention that

8 hours ago, Chin for a Day said:

I think the CDC's recommendation will just make things more confusing. 

Do the stadiums open for only vaccinated people? Do they do what NY is doing and have vaccinated sections and unvaccinated sections?

Either way, it causes ticket issues. If the stadiums are vaccinated only, do the umvacciated get their money back? They can't just show a negative COVID test because, in theory, they will still need to wear a mask and social distance. Plus, I don't want to sit next to an unvaccinated person. 

If they are having sections, like NY, they need to resell the tickets.

I don't see how this is feasible without refunding the tickets and reselling them. Or alot of people won't be able to attend and will lose money. 

The way I understand it is the CDC recommendations are just that and no businesses will have to enforce "vaccinated sections" or proof of vaccinations in cities or states where restrictions will be lifted. Which by July, my guess, will be pretty much everywhere in the United States. They could choose to enforce proof of vaccination, but like masks, I'm sure few will when no local government is mandating it.

I think the CDC recommendations are more of a message of confidence in the vaccine's ability to curb the spread in those who choose to protect themselves, coupled with its widespread availability in the U.S., which will lead to lessening of restrictions. Two months feels like two years by pandemic time frames. Two months ago I had to drive an hour away from where I live to even find a vaccine. A lot can change. At some point, it's not going to be everybody's problem to protect those who are choosing to not get vaccinated. I realize that sounds harsh and there are a very small number of people who can't get vaccinated due to health reasons but that's not what's happening here in a vast majority of cases. It's people being stupid.

(Though I do still worry about people with young kids who can't be vaccinated -- that would be tough. I'm glad to see Pfizer got approved for 12 and up now!)

TLDR:

tenor.gif?itemid=7844913

30 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

The way I understand it is the CDC recommendations are just that and no businesses will have to enforce "vaccinated sections" or proof of vaccinations in cities or states where restrictions will be lifted. Which by July, my guess, will be pretty much everywhere in the United States. They could choose to enforce proof of vaccination, but like masks, I'm sure few will when no local government is mandating it.

I think the CDC recommendations are more of a message of confidence in the vaccine's ability to curb the spread in those who choose to protect themselves, coupled with its widespread availability in the U.S., which will lead to lessening of restrictions. Two months feels like two years by pandemic time frames. Two months ago I had to drive an hour away from where I live to even find a vaccine. A lot can change. At some point, it's not going to be everybody's problem to protect those who are choosing to not get vaccinated. I realize that sounds harsh and there are a very small number of people who can't get vaccinated due to health reasons but that's not what's happening here in a vast majority of cases. It's people being stupid.

(Though I do still worry about people with young kids who can't be vaccinated -- that would be tough. I'm glad to see Pfizer got approved for 12 and up now!)

TLDR:

tenor.gif?itemid=7844913

You are correct, the CDC issues recommendations and it is up to each state to determine if they will enforce those recommendations. A state can go both ways, they can be like Florida and say we don't care, we are 100% open. Or they can be like NY and say we are not lifting indoor mask rules for vaccinated people anytime in the near future.

Whether this tour happens, will depend on each states capacity rules. I have tickets for Citifield in NYC. On May 19th, stadiums in NY can go to a vaccinated and unvaccinated section with vaccinated at 100% capacity and unvaccinated at 33% capacity. In this format, the concert would either need to be postponed, canceled or tickets refunded and resold. Anyone who lives in the NY area can tell you, it is unlikely that Andrew Cuomo will open everything to 100% capacity by Aug 4.

I agree with you that alot can change in 2 months, but I would imagine it is a logistics nightmare to try a rearrange a stadium concert in 2 months. Clearly the promoters are banking on everyone opening to 100% capacity.

I think there will be some venues that will be allowed to have the concert and some not. So what do the promoters do? Do some shows go on and others canceled or postponed? Or do they cancel or postpone the whole tour? I don't know what would make more sense from a promoters point of view.

• Like 1

I can’t paste the link because Facebook 😤 but a Pennsylvania radio station called Rocket Erie (you can search it) posted the Hella Mega tour poster and said “Tour dates announced Monday 5/17 at noon”

Sounds like new dates are coming guys 🥺 I wonder if the new song tease is a consolation prize for the coming news.

Eta: Here it is on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO3DpC9hz18/?igshid=653cn94l8f3s

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chin for a Day said:

You are correct, the CDC issues recommendations and it is up to each state to determine if they will enforce those recommendations. A state can go both ways, they can be like Florida and say we don't care, we are 100% open. Or they can be like NY and say we are not lifting indoor mask rules for vaccinated people anytime in the near future.

Whether this tour happens, will depend on each states capacity rules. I have tickets for Citifield in NYC. On May 19th, stadiums in NY can go to a vaccinated and unvaccinated section with vaccinated at 100% capacity and unvaccinated at 33% capacity. In this format, the concert would either need to be postponed, canceled or tickets refunded and resold. Anyone who lives in the NY area can tell you, it is unlikely that Andrew Cuomo will open everything to 100% capacity by Aug 4.

I agree with you that alot can change in 2 months, but I would imagine it is a logistics nightmare to try a rearrange a stadium concert in 2 months. Clearly the promoters are banking on everyone opening to 100% capacity.

I think there will be some venues that will be allowed to have the concert and some not. So what do the promoters do? Do some shows go on and others canceled or postponed? Or do they cancel or postpone the whole tour? I don't know what would make more sense from a promoters point of view.

Yeah, I’ve been wondering that too. I honestly feel like just doing the few shows that they can, canceling the ones they can’t, and calling it quits on the FOAM era may be the best call from a marketing standpoint so they can move on and plan future albums/tours, rather than continuing to drag this out forever, especially since the album wasn’t that popular. But obviously profitability is the most important thing to the promoters. So if they want to maximize the amount of money they can make, maybe they’ll want to do as many shows as possible?

I wonder if maybe it’ll just be a few months’ postponement to see how the new rules shake out? A small festival that was coming through Columbus got pushed from mid-July to late August, and another festival nearby also moved from July to September.

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I can’t paste the link because Facebook 😤 but a Pennsylvania radio station called Rocket Erie (you can search it) posted the Hella Mega tour poster and said “Tour dates announced Monday 5/17 at noon”

Sounds like new dates are coming guys 🥺 I wonder if the new song tease is a consolation prize for the coming news.

Eta: Here it is on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO3DpC9hz18/?igshid=653cn94l8f3s

That’s what I’m wondering too — it seems odd that a new album would happen this soon. I’m definitely skeptical. It has to be related to the tour in some way... but how exactly? I guess we’ll wait and see. :confused:

Of course I just booked my flight yesterday and put in the PTO request at work. :lol: (Luckily I can move it if necessary.)

8 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

hat’s what I’m wondering too — it seems odd that a new album would happen this soon. I’m definitely skeptical. It has to be related to the tour in some way... but how exactly? I guess we’ll wait and see. :confused:

Of course I just booked my flight yesterday and put in the PTO request at work. :lol: (Luckily I can move it if necessary.)

"hey, we are sorry but the tour has to be postponed again, new hellamega shows now in 2022, covid sucks, here is a new song to keep you happy"

makes most sense i guess

• Like 1

Even before COVID happened they wanted to have another album done before the tour rolled around. Their intention these days is to put out music more often so I don’t think the teaser is any indication of anything tour related.

• Love 1

If the Hella Mega Tour happenned next summer, I have doubts about the Toronto date. It will be canceled. Toronto took the decision this past week to cancel all major outdoor events until next september. The concert should be happenning inside the Rogers Centre. It is considered a indoor event even if it is a stadium with a roof that can open. It is riskier to get covid inside than outside. Since major outdoor events are officially canceled, then major indoor events should be canceled too. Also, add to this that Canada-US border might still be closed until fall and that Ontario's provincial borders are closed too.

• Sad 1

True. The border is still closed so any Americans who were going to see a show in Canada or vice versa will not be able to.

1 hour ago, jetsrule128 said:

What the hell

Ughhh. Posting this without any extra info is just shit. Like they don’t even give a shit about people who have spent loads of money on tickets. Crush can go fuck themselves at this stage.

42 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

We’ll know with Monday’s announcement 

Where did they say a Monday announcement? 😮

Maybe this is referring to the fact that Weezer was just at bat with their album and maybe this means Green Day is up to bat so to speak. 

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, TheLastForgotten said:

Where did they say a Monday announcement? 😮

Noon

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO3DpC9hz18/?igshid=1p6ghq51j3xvo

22 minutes ago, Cunt said:

Maybe this is referring to the fact that Weezer was just at bat with their album and maybe this means Green Day is up to bat so to speak. 

I like this, but then they would post under Green Day, not Hella Mega where everyone expects it to be tour date related. Plus the radio station I posted said there is a tour date announcement coming tomorrow so this is referring to that.

If they go ahead with this tour there would have to be some major adjustments. Some shows (like Toronto) would have to be cancelled, others can be full capacity depending on the state’s rules and with others at 50% capacity maybe they can add a second night and split the crowd into two?  Then there may be vaccine or test requirements for all shows, masks etc. If so, I’d rather wait for a normal show next year.

• Like 1