Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

1 hour ago, Slave To The Network said:

It really makes me happy that GD are still headliners at all the festivals they play. I've read some people saying that they're now considered a "legacy act", but in my opinion, that is absolutely not true. They are still an insanely popular, hard working, and creative band that people love to see live. Maybe the last record wasn't as well received as others, but I know there will be one again that is universally loved. That's just what Green Day does. They make music outstanding music that they are genuinely passionate about, regardless of popularity, and play some of the best live shows in the world.

I just really hope they'll make the right decision about these upcoming dates to keep themselves and their fans as safe and comfortable as possible. 2022 sounds like a great time to get back into things. Can't wait to see footage from Rock Am Ring next year!

The two bits in bold aren't mutually exclusive. Obviously a legacy band is popular otherwise they wouldn't have a legacy, it's just now the band are headlining based solely upon their established career rather than what they're currently putting out. There's nothing wrong with it, it happens to every big band. You can say the same about bands like Metallica and Foo Fighters too (although their current material is a lot better). They've almost certainly peaked, now they're just relaxing and doing what they want. Let's not pretend they're there based on any current hype tho.

Hope the guys get booked in for more summer festivals, would be a good booking for Reading next year.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hermione said:

I said that but I don't mean it in a negative way or that they're just a legacy act. I mean they're well established enough as a legendary band and as a quality live act that they can still play large shows and headline etc even if they don't have a successful album (or any album at all) out at the time. 

first band that comes to my mind is system of a down

nothing new since 2005 (!) but still headlining the shit out of all major festivals :D

• Like 2

New York just made changes to the capacity rules for Citi Field, where the concert is. Starting May 19th, they will have different seating for vaccinated and unvaccinated people. For vaccinated, seating is normal, pre covid seating, masks required. For umvaccinated people, it is 33% capacity.

So the only way the concert will happen this year is if all tickets are refunded and tickets go on sale again.

I honestly don't see how that us feasible, so ticketmaster please give me my money back.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Agreed.  When I think of legacy acts, I think of bands who tour solely on their names, like Fleetwood Mac, Guns & Roses, etc, without putting out any new material.  Or like the Rolling Stones, who put out new material, but it doesn't chart well.  People are at their concerts solely because of their past work.  Plenty of casual GD fans might only go to their shows for this reason, but plenty of people were singing Bang Bang and Still Breathing right along with all of the hits during the RevRad tour.  And RevRad charted #1, FOAM #4, with the singles doing well on the rock charts, so people are still interested in their current work.

With each show I go to, more and more of the crowd are definitely there for the name. Obviously people in the pit, and people who buy more expensive tickets are more of the die-hards who are up to date, but I think people are still showing up solely to check off listening to their fav Dookie or American Idiot songs of their list. It's definitely not a bad thing, but I definetly remember on Rev Rad looking around during songs like Young Blood and see half the pit kind of just nodding or honestly, waiting for the next song.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Hermione said:

I said that but I don't mean it in a negative way or that they're just a legacy act. I mean they're well established enough as a legendary band and as a quality live act that they can still play large shows and headline etc even if they don't have a successful album (or any album at all) out at the time. 

Did you? I don't even remember who said what! :lol: I just remember reading it. But you're right.

54 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

Did you? I don't even remember who said what! :lol: I just remember reading it. But you're right.

I said "in the legacy act zone" haha, but yeah I agree with everything you said about them as well, my point was just that they don't really need an album out to tour/headline.

• Like 2

sooo on the other hand, the new Van Weezer lp sounds lit

cant wait to hear some of the new songs live

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/6/2021 at 6:38 PM, Montclare said:

Agreed.  When I think of legacy acts, I think of bands who tour solely on their names, like Fleetwood Mac, Guns & Roses, etc, without putting out any new material.  Or like the Rolling Stones, who put out new material, but it doesn't chart well.  People are at their concerts solely because of their past work.  Plenty of casual GD fans might only go to their shows for this reason, but plenty of people were singing Bang Bang and Still Breathing right along with all of the hits during the RevRad tour.  And RevRad charted #1, FOAM #4, with the singles doing well on the rock charts, so people are still interested in their current work.

All of those bands mentioned would get a number one if they recorded their trip to the bathroom and put it on vinyl. The Stones released a blues covers album and instantly got a number one (in the UK) and I'm pretty sure won, or was at least nominated for, a grammy. Got to respect those guys, but that's the benefit of being a legacy act, you can release FOAM and it'll still reach number 4 because it's the new Green Day record. Again, there's nothing wrong with it, but nostalgia is most certainly Green Day's (and plenty of other bands) best friend. That's not to say the band isn't popular, I agree I think people casually enjoyed RevRad, but there's no need to pretend they're still at the cutting edge anymore.

Looking forward to their own tour whenever it rolls around, I'm probably a good example of a casual Green Day fan at this point, not arsed about the new music as I'm there for their back catalogue.

5 hours ago, Joe. said:

All of those bands mentioned would get a number one if they recorded their trip to the bathroom and put it on vinyl. The Stones released a blues covers album and instantly got a number one (in the UK) and I'm pretty sure won, or was at least nominated for, a grammy.

For an album, yes, especially if it was seen as a comeback, first one in years, etc.  For singles on the rock charts, no (unless they're teaming up with a current artist), whereas GD still charts #1 on those.  And the Stones don't have their new songs played on contemporary or alternative radio, whereas GD does.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Montclare said:

For an album, yes, especially if it was seen as a comeback, first one in years, etc.  For singles on the rock charts, no (unless they're teaming up with a current artist), whereas GD still charts #1 on those.  And the Stones don't have their new songs played on contemporary or alternative radio, whereas GD does.

The Stones don’t make contemporary or alternative music so that makes sense really.

Rivers just did a chat where he said they’d be going into the studio to start recording the Seasons albums in September after Hella Mega (which he called “hello megan” 😄)

Sounds like he still expects the tour to happen. At least they are still scheduling around it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Rivers just did a chat where he said they’d be going into the studio to start recording the Seasons albums in September after Hella Mega (which he called “hello megan” 😄)

Sounds like he still expects the tour to happen. At least they are still scheduling around it.

Please just cancel at least the NY show all my friends are multiple states away and don’t want to have to take four days off work now that the show is on a Wednesday

Things are looking good for the Minneapolis date August 23.

The Minnesota Twins sent out an email saying: “beginning on July 5, Target Field will have full, 100 percent capacity for the Twins’ final 40 regular season home games of 2021.”

I just rebought my tickets a couple days ago 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheLastForgotten said:

Things are looking good for the Minneapolis date August 23.

The Minnesota Twins sent out an email saying: “beginning on July 5, Target Field will have full, 100 percent capacity for the Twins’ final 40 regular season home games of 2021.”

I just rebought my tickets a couple days ago 👍🏻

Yet wasn’t that also the venue where the article was from with the rep saying the show was being postponed to 2022?

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yet wasn’t that also the venue where the article was from with the rep saying the show was being postponed to 2022?

Not sure 🤔 

3 minutes ago, TheLastForgotten said:

Not sure 🤔 

They may have different rules for baseball since they don't pack the field with people for games, everyone is in the stands.  It's the packed pit and field seats that are the issue with concerts.  Bigger capacity too

With this news, I feel like a mid-July American tour isn’t really that out of the realm of possibility. At least for those with vaccines. 

(Ohio is lifting all restrictions June 2!)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

With this news, I feel like a mid-July American tour isn’t really that out of the realm of possibility. At least for those with vaccines. 

(Ohio is lifting all restrictions June 2!)

Yup, this is a game changer, because it means they have that much confidence in the vaccine.  With proof of vaccination concerts can resume at full capacity.  

ngl I'm getting more excited by the minute. Can't wait to see Billie 🥰 and everyone of course but I especially miss our smol boi

• Like 2

lmao since apparently the U.S. is doing this whole "lol everything is OK" thing, fuck it, I bought my ticket and since this venue (not Ticketmaster) doesn't do refunds, I'm committed to it now ... just gotta hope it won't be hot as fuck :lol: 

• Love 1

I still really don’t see the Toronto show happening this summer. Canada is still in lockdown. No way things are going to change that drastically here by August. 

1 hour ago, Lindsay said:

I still really don’t see the Toronto show happening this summer. Canada is still in lockdown. No way things are going to change that drastically here by August. 

Maybe they'll just do the US shows and postpone the Canadian dates

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Maybe they'll just do the US shows and postpone the Canadian dates

There’s only one Canadian date, so if they can go ahead with the US shows this summer I have a feeling they’ll just cancel the Toronto date. Wouldn’t make sense to just do one show in Canada next summer. :P