Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

even if this goes ahead, when there is news about some big event (in us / europe) that happens to be a mass super spreading event after it took place, everyone will back down again

I feel like Memorial Day weekend coming up and 4th of July in the US will cause a huge rise in cases and set a lot of states back in reopening fully. Americans are just complete assholes when it comes to following safety mandates and that's why we're still where we are. That could definitely impact HM dates.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I feel like Memorial Day weekend coming up and 4th of July in the US will cause a huge rise in cases and set a lot of states back in reopening fully. Americans are just complete assholes when it comes to following safety mandates and that's why we're still where we are. That could definitely impact HM dates.

Except those are largely outdoor activities and are pretty low risk when not in super large groups. I think we have enough adults vaccinated and naturally immune now to avoid another surge.

• Like 3

In a Gn'R Facebook group someone posted a pic of a newspaper clipping with a Target Field (Minnesota) representative confirming that the Gn'R show and Hella Mega (August 23) are both being pushed til 2022. The US tour as it stands isn't happening. Why would they push some shows til next Summer but play others this year? Makes no sense.

https://m.startribune.com/minnesota-concert-scene-is-still-rocky-as-another-quiet-summer-approaches/600050773/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, W Axl Rose said:

In a Gn'R Facebook group someone posted a pic of a newspaper clipping with a Target Field (Minnesota) representative confirming that the Gn'R show and Hella Mega (August 23) are both being pushed til 2022. The US tour as it stands isn't happening. Why would they push some shows til next Summer but play others this year? Makes no sense.

https://m.startribune.com/minnesota-concert-scene-is-still-rocky-as-another-quiet-summer-approaches/600050773/

There’s a pay wall, can you paste the relevant portion?

Sounds like someone may have spoken out of turn before anything official is announced but there would have to be a lot going on behind the scenes to reschedule. I agree that if there are signs that any US shows are being moved the whole tour will be.

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

There’s a pay wall, can you paste the relevant portion?

Sounds like someone may have spoken out of turn before anything official is announced but there would have to be a lot going on behind the scenes to reschedule. I agree that if there are signs that any US shows are being moved the whole tour will be.

It just lists the tours that have been previously pushed til 2022 and at the end says that green day and guns n roses have both had their Minnesota shows moved til 2022. Can't imagine they move one show til next year and not the rest unless they plan to do "special " shows like Fenway and Wrigley which wouldn't be much of a tour. But yeah if a show at the end of August isn't happening it stands to reason the tour isn't either this Summer .

*edit*

Target Field representatives confirmed the Guns N' Roses and Green Day concerts will roll over to 2022. Expect the same for Def Leppard at U.S. Bank Stadium. Even fall arena gigs by Harry Styles and the Eagles seem iffy.”.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

It just lists the tours that have been previously pushed til 2022 and at the end says that green day and guns n roses have both had their Minnesota shows moved til 2022. Can't imagine they move one show til next year and not the rest unless they plan to do "special " shows like Fenway and Wrigley which wouldn't be much of a tour. But yeah if a show at the end of August isn't happening it stands to reason the tour isn't either this Summer .

*edit*

Target Field representatives confirmed the Guns N' Roses and Green Day concerts will roll over to 2022. Expect the same for Def Leppard at U.S. Bank Stadium. Even fall arena gigs by Harry Styles and the Eagles seem iffy.”.

Thanks. Wow, surprised they say even Fall gigs may not happen. I wonder if that big Las Vegas Festival Green Day are headlining in September will get pushed too. I don’t know why they bothered to plan such a thing with everything so uncertain and people reluctant to even buy tickets and make travel plans.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Thanks. Wow, surprised they say even Fall gigs may not happen. I wonder if that big Las Vegas Festival Green Day are headlining in September will get pushed too. I don’t know why they bothered to plan such a thing with everything so uncertain and people reluctant to even buy tickets and make travel plans.  

The festival sold out so I wouldn’t say people are reluctant to buy tickets. 

1 hour ago, Cunt said:

Yeah, I couldn’t get MGK tickets for a September show. I’m sure a lot of them were scooped but by bots but I also felt like it was clear there’s demand. 

38 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Yeah, I couldn’t get MGK tickets for a September show. I’m sure a lot of them were scooped but by bots but I also felt like it was clear there’s demand. 

Fuckin bots...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cunt said:

Well maybe it was just me then but Ticketmaster has been holding over $1,000 of my money for two years and I wasn't willing to risk any more for another show that may be postponed a year. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, W Axl Rose said:

Oh that’s great!! I was hoping they would move my tour date cuz I’m not wanting to be in a huge crowd yet. 

16 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Except those are largely outdoor activities and are pretty low risk when not in super large groups. I think we have enough adults vaccinated and naturally immune now to avoid another surge.

You'd hope so. Lower risk, but still a risk. I think the largest gatherings that are likely to occur will probably be made up of people who either don't want to get the vaccine and/or don't believe in masks because "yOU caN't TeLl mE wHat tO Do ThIS is 'MuRicA!" I really hope you're right, though!

3 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Which did you try for? I got them in Indy during the presale.

7 hours ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Which did you try for? I got them in Indy during the presale.

Cincinnati. I had sort of wanted to try Cleveland, which is a bigger venue, but the group of us who were going for tickets decided to do Cincinnati since it was actually during the tour and not 2 months after the fact.

I assume they’ll release more tickets this summer as more restrictions are lifted. In June a new state law takes effect that no longer allows our governor/health department to have full control over public health orders (because Republicans :lol:) so I expect the legislature will lift everything, including masks, capacity limits, etc.

If we still can’t get them we’ll just do resale I guess.

So Hella Mega can definitely come to Ohio if they want to add a new date! :P 

17 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well maybe it was just me then but Ticketmaster has been holding over $1,000 of my money for two years and I wasn't willing to risk any more for another show that may be postponed a year. 

I can honestly say the same. If they postpone for Denver again I’m just gonna get my money back because if it doesn’t happen this year I’m not exactly confident it’ll happen next year. 

This is from King5 News today and even under phase 3, the capacity for the stadium HM would take place in is only 9,000. I don't think Seattle's King County is going to advance by the time the tour date rolls around in July because we're still pretty bad here and are consistently staying above the threshold for the target number of cases per 10,000 people to reopen. I think other states/cities are doing better, but I still think it's crazy for Warner to expect to have a massive concert here this summer.
O2DvPbd.jpg

Even if they go ahead with the current capacity cap, how are they going to work out who gets to go if more people with tickets want to actually attend than is allowed? Just turn them away? I have so many questions and just thinking about this whole situation this morning and not knowing what's going to happen gave me an anxiety attack this morning.

7 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

This is from King5 News today and even under phase 3, the capacity for the stadium HM would take place in is only 9,000. I don't think Seattle's King County is going to advance by the time the tour date rolls around in July because we're still pretty bad here and are consistently staying above the threshold for the target number of cases per 10,000 people to reopen. I think other states/cities are doing better, but I still think it's crazy for Warner to expect to have a massive concert here this summer.
O2DvPbd.jpg

Even if they go ahead with the current capacity cap, how are they going to work out who gets to go if more people with tickets want to actually attend than is allowed? Just turn them away? I have so many questions and just thinking about this whole situation this morning and not knowing what's going to happen gave me an anxiety attack this morning.

They refund all tickets and reopen sales for the number of tickets available. This is what the NCAA did for the National Volleyball championship that took place last month in Omaha, Neb. where the capacity was 25% (4,000). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2021 at 3:39 AM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Lucky escape.

• Like 2

It really makes me happy that GD are still headliners at all the festivals they play. I've read some people saying that they're now considered a "legacy act", but in my opinion, that is absolutely not true. They are still an insanely popular, hard working, and creative band that people love to see live. Maybe the last record wasn't as well received as others, but I know there will be one again that is universally loved. That's just what Green Day does. They make music outstanding music that they are genuinely passionate about, regardless of popularity, and play some of the best live shows in the world.

I just really hope they'll make the right decision about these upcoming dates to keep themselves and their fans as safe and comfortable as possible. 2022 sounds like a great time to get back into things. Can't wait to see footage from Rock Am Ring next year!

• Love 3