Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

I have decided to not go to the London show next year. That ticket was so fucking expensive and I need the money.

I have my hopes for Berlin and Stockholm instead.

Suprised that they Will be going ahead with US This year.

I have been waiting for this opportunity to introduce my beautiful Gypsies ( kids) to the best music , live performance I have ever known.  Here we go , Dallas , TX USA -- 07/24 / 2021

• Like 1

So now festivals are allowed in Chicago....

I don't know how I feel about that 

Having been in full lockdown again since Boxing Day, even seeing crowd scenes in films etc is now looking weird to us Brits so it’s going to be an adjustment just getting out and about again far less going to a big show! Gyms, shops, bars etc are opening though so no doubt we’ll adjust again pretty quickly.

• Like 3

Tomorrow, several counties in Washington might step back a phase because we're having so many cases of COVID popping up, especially of the new variants. This includes Seattle's King County, which is where the show is to take place, so I would hope that means the tour date is even less likely to happen.

So since these North American shows that are still apparently happening this year were rescheduled from 2020 do they all have the option of a refund or no? Or was there an option when they were first rescheduled? I was saying there should be the option of a refund but realised maybe there already is lol.

22 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yeah there is. One gig going well doesn't mean everyone will be vaccinated for another gig in time or that people shouldn't have the option of getting a refund instead if they're not comfortable being crammed in with thousands of people so soon. If they want to try large events this early with appropriate precautions that's fine but people who bought tickets expecting a show under totally difference circumstances should have the choice. Back in 2019 before anyone could anticipate this people bought tickets for a regular show in 2020, not a show where they have to be under pandemic restrictions and wear a mask etc or go from being told to social distance and not being allowed to visit a friend's house to being packed with thousands of people a matter of weeks later in 2021. If experiments in gigs etc go well that's good but it should be optional.

In this particular case since they're already postponing half the tour until next year I can't see much reason not to postpone the rest. The shows will be more enjoyable without the worries and restrictions of doing it this soon.

Not really, there are requirements for arriving (vaccine or negative test), if that proves to be enough of a fail safe then that’s enough. Again, there’s no social distancing or masks so it’ll be the same as in 2019, so I don’t really get your point? It’s more inconvenient, it’ll be interesting to see how it’s scaled up, but why not just see how it goes before crying about masks and other things that aren’t really relevant. 

I’ve never said that no one should get a refund or even has to go, I’m just saying being negative about something that may well work is a bit strange to me. If someone’s comfortable being locked down they can continue to do so, but it seems odd to be complaining about the possibility of gigs returning. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’d like to at least see how it goes before wetting the bed about masks, social distancing, being too scared to be within 2 metres of someone ever again or anything else.

I agree, they may as well delay till next year, I’m just saying that gigs with no social distancing measures are a very real possibility this summer and that’s great, no need to throw toys out the pram over it :) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56789454

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

Not really, there are requirements for arriving (vaccine or negative test), if that proves to be enough of a fail safe then that’s enough. Again, there’s no social distancing or masks so it’ll be the same as in 2019, so I don’t really get your point? It’s more inconvenient, it’ll be interesting to see how it’s scaled up, but why not just see how it goes before crying about masks and other things that aren’t really relevant. 

I’ve never said that no one should get a refund or even has to go, I’m just saying being negative about something that may well work is a bit strange to me. If someone’s comfortable being locked down they can continue to do so, but it seems odd to be complaining about the possibility of gigs returning. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I’d like to at least see how it goes before wetting the bed about masks, social distancing, being too scared to be within 2 metres of someone ever again or anything else.

I agree, they may as well delay till next year, I’m just saying that gigs with no social distancing measures are a very real possibility this summer and that’s great, no need to throw toys out the pram over it :) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56789454

The fact is a lot of people aren't comfortable going to a huge gig without social distancing this soon. So I think it would be better to postpone it along with the rest of the tour, so that everyone can go and be happy. Next best is allowing refunds, but that still isn't ideal because it's not going to be a full crowd which kind of sucks, and also sucks for the people who miss it. Can't see much negative for anyone for this particular set of shows to be delayed.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

So since these North American shows that are still apparently happening this year were rescheduled from 2020 do they all have the option of a refund or no? Or was there an option when they were first rescheduled? I was saying there should be the option of a refund but realised maybe there already is lol.

They offered a refund period last year when it was postponed.

• Like 1

Since NYC mayor just announced they are reopening on July 1st, I can't see much hope in them postponing until next year.  Smaller theaters will be allowed to open sometime in the summer and Broadway fully by September. I wish they would offer refunds this time around.  

25 minutes ago, W Axl Rose said:

Call me a liberal,tell me I'm "  living in fear" etc but I can't believe a band as socially conscious as Green Day would push ahead this year with Hella Mega. 

Completely agree with this. Cannot believe that they think that going ahead with the concerts this year would be a good idea in the slightest, especially considering they've been so pro-mask the past year. This is a really dumb decision from them. Almost as if their arm is being twisted by Warner/Crush/the other two bands.

Edited by Harry

1 hour ago, Squashie said:

They offered a refund period last year when it was postponed.

Yea, but I think that period was in the hope that everything would be back to normal by the time the new dates rolled around, and in places like Toronto at least, they're definitely not. Maybe it'll be a special case for each specific show - if it's unsafe to do so in a specific city, they may just have to cancel it (or re-schedule that specific show). Either way, it's a logistical nightmare.

• Like 1

I feel like pushing this back to the Fall would be the way to go right now. See how the summer goes with smaller venues opening up first, etc.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I feel like pushing this back to the Fall would be the way to go right now. See how the summer goes with smaller venues opening up first, etc.

I’m not sure how the US baseball season is scheduled, but there may be an issue with some stadiums if they hosted concerts on the fields during seasons

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I’m not sure how the US baseball season is scheduled, but there may be an issue with some stadiums if they hosted concerts on the fields during seasons

Baseball is happening now through October so it actually would make more sense to do it after the season ends, if that was an issue. 

3 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Baseball is happening now through October so it actually would make more sense to do it after the season ends, if that was an issue. 

I see! As I said, I have no idea how the season is scheduled, so it would be perfect if they could postpone the tour til October or afterwards.

5 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Weather could become an issue in some of the states though. It could snow in October in Chicago.

Not saying they should or shouldn't reschedule. I refunded my Chicago tickets last year and with other plans now, I won't be going at all. I was considering repurchasing if it worked for me.