Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

55 minutes ago, JellyTime said:

I think they coud play in Finland some day between Stockholm and Milan 🤔

Sure they could. Their travel plan is all over the place. 🤭 But the show is still cancelled though. It says that "they couldn't find a replacement date at this time and the show has been cancelled".

Live look at me this morning when I saw that tweet:

tumblr_m3zsbeRGev1qfccvpo1_500.gif

Spoiler

I mean honestly I still think they'll postpone, even if it's just to the fall, because July does seem just a BIT too soon... but even the fact that it could happen this calendar year has me fucking STOKED. 

I really think we're to the point as a country where if every adult has been offered a vaccine, and there's a surplus left over, there's really not much more we can do to achieve greater herd immunity. The same people who won't get vaccinated are the ones who won't follow public health protocols to reduce spread anyway. We really have no choice but to give up or keep doing this forever. As I said earlier, I do worry about kids/teens because they don't have access to vaccines. But adults are a different story entirely.

As long as the science continues to support that the variants are being quelled by the vaccines we're using, I'm 100% OK with going to this concert in July.

1 hour ago, Chin for a Day said:

I hope it happens for anyone who is comfortable going, but for people who are not, refunds should be available.

Totally agree. In Italy you even can't ask for a refund as the show aren't cancelled but just postponed. So it means that tickets will be valid for next year 😪

6 minutes ago, iLaaria said:

Totally agree. In Italy you even can't ask for a refund as the show aren't cancelled but just postponed. So it means that tickets will be valid for next year 😪

You’re entitled to apply for a refund

They won’t offer it, but if you request if they have to grant it to you

EU law has you covered 

31 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Honestly, it's something I'd expect from someone like Ted Nugent, not Green Day. 

He would agree with you but he’s busy being sick with covid right now the idiot

• Haha 2

The guys should do something to keep us entertained in the meantime.   

Short lived supergroups with different combinations of the three bands.   And because I can't resist a good list, I'll give some examples.  

Billie / Scott Shriner / Joe Trohman / Pat Wilson as Booty Chatter.   Don't let the goofy name and pop punk heritage fool you.   This is as metal as it gets.  

Meanwhile, Rivers is rocking out with Mike Dirnt / Tre Cool / Brian Bell on an album called Back N Black, which is an AC/DC style rocker with bits of country thrown in at random times just to make people mad.   All the guys dress ultra-country to do the same.    

2 hours ago, Lindsay said:

I've been thinking about this whole situation a lot today, and I'm probably going to get some flack for what I'm about to write, but whatever.

I think them coming out and saying they're going ahead with the US stadium shows this year is honestly super irresponsible. Yes, we eventually have to move forward, but I don't think the world (except Aus and NZ lol) are ready for THIS much of a jump. How are they expecting to do shows with 40k (or more) in attendance? There's no fucking way. Every other artist I know has either cancelled or moved their dates to next year. Why should they be the exception? I can appreciate the optimism but like, damn. Even if they CAN go ahead, these will not be sold out shows. There will be thousands of people requesting refunds because they will not be comfortable attending (myself included). Are they really going to play a bunch of maybe half full stadiums? How are they going to make any money off that? I just don't get it. I think they'd be more successful waiting until next year if they're so desperate to make Hella Mega happen. If they move it to next year, I will hang on to my ticket, but if they somehow move ahead with it this year, I will be requesting/demanding a refund. And I think there will be tens of thousands of others like me. 

TL;DR: this is a dumb decision and they should be postponing to next year if they want to make this the least bit successful.

1000% agree with all of this

God FUCKING DAMMIT. I understand it was hopeful at best that they would actually come to Finland next year, but this still fucking blows. Now we need to get tickets for Sweden show..

8 hours ago, Lindsay said:

Yes, we eventually have to move forward, but I don't think the world (except Aus and NZ lol) are ready for THIS much of a jump.

And yet we got our tour CANCELLED

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

Man they really should have been at Reading, since that currently seems like it's the only major festival in Europe (that I'm aware of) which has even the tiniest chance of actually going ahead. Still, even then it's not clear any foreign acts would fly to Britain/Europe just for one festival. 

QOTSA I believe are only playing Reading this summer, unless I've missed any other announcements.

• Like 2

So the question I have is this.....  How many of you would be willing to pay or donate for a virtual tour?  

Also.. what is up with this fear mentality?   

Don't people realize that being afraid to go outside is not healthy?   We ALL need Vitamin D to increase our immune systems!

Yes I get it... the nature of Covid-19 is a life threat for a multitude of reasons ( speaking from experience of having last year)... including the loss of smell which would be a fire hazard.   They want to make sure their audience members are safe....

Edited by HoneyEmerald
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Uhh, you don't need to be packed together with thousands of people in a stadium to go outside. I go outside every day even during lockdown, it's being not-socially distanced that's the issue. No need to have an event like this so soon when it can simply take place next year instead after there's been more time for the vaccine to take effect and measures that will spoil enjoyment such as everyone wearing masks won't be needed.

I'm all for restrictions being lifted as it becomes safer so that people can live their lives and jobs and businesses can be saved. But huge shows with thousands of people close together should really be the last thing on the list to come back.

I don't disagree with any of that, but I would just wait and see how the Blossoms gig goes in May. If it goes smoothly then there's no reason not to crack on with events as the vaccine rollout continues. 

4 hours ago, HoneyEmerald said:

So the question I have is this.....  How many of you would be willing to pay or donate for a virtual tour?  

I would absolutely pay for at least a livestream show.

• Like 2

I really hope that they pay attention to this forum. Surely they must realise that there is a strong feeling from the fans against the US dates happening this summer.

i was also surprised that they still want to do the us shows (about 2 months away lol)

i dont know how their secret plans are, but maybe they take the risk to do the shows, even with half capacity or whatever. maybe if they want to move the us tour in 2022, it wont be possible at all (venues booked etc), so maybe its to cancel everything and loose all money or keep 2021 going and gain atleast some money idk