Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

Nova Rock have their headliner for 2022 TBA

assume that’ll be Green Day once the dates are confirmed for reschedule 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I can’t say I was looking forward to this tour before but I’m looking forward to any tour now. I just want to see a show (and especially one that at least includes Green Day)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Big difference between having all the vaccine available and reaching herd immunity.  If not enough people want it, we won't see the cases drop enough by the summer.  Plus they are finding that there is a significant percentage of people skipping their second shots because they fear severe side effects.  The pause on the J&J vaccine like with the AstraZeneca in Europe also caused more fear and reluctance.  I hope we can vaccinate at least 50-60% of our total population by summer but I don't know.  If we don't, it won't be for lack of supply.

I realize this will probably make me sound like an ass, but at some point if people have access to a surplus of vaccine and refuse to take it due to ignorance or sheer stupidity, is it still the responsibility of the rest of the planet to keep them safe and continue taking precautions? Obviously not talking about people who don’t have transportation, access or availability, or can’t take it due to medical conditions. But if they’re just refusing because they think they’re going to get implanted with a microchip or something, I feel like it’s their own fault if they get sick at that point. And we’re never going to change their minds.

I think the big variable will be children. Until they have access to a vaccine, I don’t see how we can resume fully normal life without putting them at risk. Even if they don’t typically get symptoms. That may change if the virus keeps mutating. And the time frame estimates aren’t till next year for vaccines for the youngest age groups.

Then again, kids don’t vote or pay taxes, so nobody will probably care. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I realize this will probably make me sound like an ass, but at some point if people have access to a surplus of vaccine and refuse to take it due to ignorance or sheer stupidity, is it still the responsibility of the rest of the planet to keep them safe and continue taking precautions? Obviously not talking about people who don’t have transportation, access or availability, or can’t take it due to medical conditions. But if they’re just refusing because they think they’re going to get implanted with a microchip or something, I feel like it’s their own fault if they get sick at that point. And we’re never going to change their minds.

I think the big variable will be children. Until they have access to a vaccine, I don’t see how we can resume fully normal life without putting them at risk. Even if they don’t typically get symptoms. That may change if the virus keeps mutating. And the time frame estimates aren’t till next year for vaccines for the youngest age groups.

Yeah it’s not about that though because vaccine immunity isn’t absolute and only is really effective at wiping out a disease when you achieve herd immunity. It’s fine to say screw the people who don’t want shots, but those people will continue putting everyone else at risk when there are outbreaks just like when there are measles and mumps outbreaks despite vaccines.  There will continue to be too much community spread for the vaccine to protect everyone fully (and we will continue to need boosters because protection is temporary) and it increases the likelihood of mutations the vaccine won’t protect from. Unfortunately we really are all in this together there’s no getting around that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

No it's not, once everyone has been offered a vaccine, and everyone that wants one has one, then it's time to open up imo. The vaccine shouldn't be mandatory, if someone is really against it then they're entitled to not want it, equally they have to live with any potential consequences. Vaccine mutations etc are something that we have to take precautions against but also can't dominate the discussion once vaccinations are sorted, it's not a practical or sensible long-term strategy to keep heading in and out of lockdowns.

38 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I guess I just don’t see what the solution is then if our goal is complete eradication. I think eventually we’ll just have to live with it, like we do the flu, or live without gatherings forever. Because people are too stupid to understand that the restrictions they’re complaining about could all be gone if they did their part. 

I agree, that ship has sailed now. Total eradication is nearly impossible anyway, let alone over a year into the pandemic.

• Love 1

Just now, jengd said:

I could be wrong but my understanding is that COVID is in the “will need annual shot” rather than “eradicate like Polio” bracket.

I think you’re right. Hopefully (like previous SARS viruses I think) they will combine it annually with your flu shot so one and done.

• Like 3

Yes, that's the most recent info I've read too. It's looking like boosters within the next 6-12 months for those vaccinated already is what's going to be recommended, especially with all the new variants spreading around. Makes having a big stadium concert any time soon seems even more far-fetched.

Judging by all the festivals in the US I’ve seen announced this past week for the Fall... I think they might be able to pull this off for the US this year which means it’d be my first concert back and that kinda excites me. 

on the downside them postponing to 2022 does kinda seem like they have to pause new material so long. 

9 minutes ago, jengd said:

Europe just postponed til 2022, will get pasteable notice in 5, US still on for now

https://www.instagram.com/p/CONR2psHreb/?igshid=1s0mbix6c4889

They must be down to lose soooooooooooo much money if they cancel it, that's the only explanation there is for not just calling it now. This tour won't even be relevant in 2022 unless all 3 artists are going to have new music on the way?

10 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You beat me to this! I was just about to share. Sorry for you European folks, but at least it's not a cancellation.

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Don’t know why but my posts from FB don’t work at all and IG behaves badly at times 🥲

20 minutes ago, jengd said:

Still this year

Can't believe I'm going on a trip to Toronto this August then 😍

• Like 1

So originally they had all these Green Day only shows scheduled including all the Asia dates and a few in Europe. With Asia canceled I assume all the rescheduled dates will be Hella Mega and the GD only shows in Europe are also not happening next year? 

I’d like to see them get HM done in 21/22 and schedule a new Green Day tour around it next year for more cities and dates. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So originally they had all these Green Day only shows scheduled including all the Asia dates and a few in Europe. With Asia canceled I assume all the rescheduled dates will be Hella Mega and the GD only shows in Europe are also not happening next year? 

I’d like to see them get HM done in 21/22 and schedule a new Green Day tour around it next year for more cities and dates. 

Berlin is happening anyway.. and that’s not hell mega 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Khaleesi. said:

Yeah, not gonna lie... I have very little desire to be squished up between a bunch of sweaty people who are all heavily breathing in 2021. Maybe next year. 

Same. I still don’t see the Toronto show going ahead regardless, despite them saying it is. Canada is way too behind in the vaccine rollout. 

Just now, Lindsay said:

Same. I still don’t see the Toronto show going ahead regardless, despite them saying it is. Canada is way too behind in the vaccine rollout. 

Oh, there is NO way that Toronto show is happening. We're likely going to be in some sort of lockdown all summer. 

• Like 2