Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

I just heard a snippet of an interview with one of Austria‘s biggest event managers. He said that in 2022 there will be great concerts, including Green Day. So it looks like the European leg won‘t be cancelled, it will be postponed again :)

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Joe. said:

Think America and the UK will have events this summer, the UFC is having fans in at 261 with optional masks. The vaccine rollout has made this summer quite realistic for big events returning.

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/dana-white-says-ufc-wont-require-face-coverings-at-ufc-261-as-promotion-plans-to-hand-out-masks-to-fans/

UK won’t have any major concerts until late summer

Any major tours won’t just play the UK of Europe is a no go, it’s not financially viable 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Montclare said:

Video of him throwing the fake Blue.

It's also good afterwards when he's calmed down and comes back and sheepishly goes "I don't wanna play that fucking song" and they play something else lol

56 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

Any major tours won’t just play the UK of Europe is a no go, it’s not financially viable 

Yeah there's still a whole lot of people who haven't even had the first vaccine dose and only 12 million have had the second so far. Plenty more to do. I agree late summer will be the absolute earliest.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

As the first concert date in the US, I would prefer if they postponed it until later in the year or next year. Even though I've had both of my vaccines already, I think July is still way too soon.

Agree.  Mine's August 4th.  I am doubly vaccinated as well but feel it's too soon as well.

• Like 1

So in Pittsburgh they’re doing an open air Broadway performance of the Wizard of Oz at Heinz Field July 8-10 but each performance is limited to 3,500 seats (in the football stadium which is larger than PNC Park the baseball field where Hella Mega is) and masks and distancing is required. So if this is still the rule for July/August outdoor events, I don’t see a full stadium show happening here.

3 hours ago, Star-LordAndTheAve said:

To be totally honest, I trust Rivers with doing multiple albums a year more than Billie.

Rivers is a song-writing machine and just put out one of his best albums, but Billie (with the exception of how quickly $$2020II was written) usually takes his time and is better for it.

I’m sorry but Rivers has a much worse track record than Billie. OK Human is way better than FOAM but stacking their whole catalogues back to back and it’s no question.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 3:28 PM, purplebenny said:

I agree, but festivals will still pull in international acts. Reading, for example, should still go ahead and should have its headliners.

Don't think it'll happen but I could see the band popping up for a secret set there, stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe. said:

I agree, but festivals will still pull in international acts. Reading, for example, should still go ahead and should have its headliners.

Don't think it'll happen but I could see the band popping up for a secret set there, stranger things have happened.

I wouldn’t  even out any stock in reading going ahead TBH

There’s big insurance issues at play even with that one. 

10 minutes ago, purplebenny said:

I wouldn’t  even out any stock in reading going ahead TBH

There’s big insurance issues at play even with that one. 

Barring any major fuck ups with the vaccine roll out I don't really see why not? By the end of August the population will have been fully vaccinated (or everyone willing to have one will have had it) and that's then it. Test events are taking place with no social distancing in the next month, if those events go well then we'll be chilling. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56789454

56 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Barring any major fuck ups with the vaccine roll out I don't really see why not? By the end of August the population will have been fully vaccinated (or everyone willing to have one will have had it) and that's then it. Test events are taking place with no social distancing in the next month, if those events go well then we'll be chilling. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56789454

Festival Republic director Melvin Benn told the Guardian that the event, which was cancelled last year and is due to happen in August, did not yet have insurance as it was currently impossible to buy, but he was hopeful that the government would include an insurance package “in some form or another” in the budget next week.

that insurance was not, and had not as of yet been announced..

it’a a very long shot for a large scale event to go ahead this summer in the UK or Europe 

3 hours ago, purplebenny said:

Festival Republic director Melvin Benn told the Guardian that the event, which was cancelled last year and is due to happen in August, did not yet have insurance as it was currently impossible to buy, but he was hopeful that the government would include an insurance package “in some form or another” in the budget next week.

that insurance was not, and had not as of yet been announced..

it’a a very long shot for a large scale event to go ahead this summer in the UK or Europe 

The test event will decide whether it goes ahead or not. The funding is there in terms of tickets sold.

The """funny""" thing is that in Italy we have curfew at 22 pm. Luckly I read that the news "it will be until the 31st of July" was fake + maybe there won't be any curfew from June but like when the vaccine/huge venues aren't the only problem 😂

Honestly really hope this entire tour gets postponed or totally put to rest. I'm living in the UK and I bought tickets for the New York show, hoping to take my girlfriend, dad and sister over for a fun little holiday in the US. The entire situation has now got me totally stressed out because I can see the NY show happening, but it's impossible for us to travel from the UK to the US, and I doubt we'd be able to get refunded by Ticketmaster. The whole thing is a shitshow and I wish Crush would just get their shit together and put people at ease.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Honestly really hope this entire tour gets postponed or totally put to rest. I'm living in the UK and I bought tickets for the New York show, hoping to take my girlfriend, dad and sister over for a fun little holiday in the US. The entire situation has now got me totally stressed out because I can see the NY show happening, but it's impossible for us to travel from the UK to the US, and I doubt we'd be able to get refunded by Ticketmaster. The whole thing is a shitshow and I wish Crush would just get their shit together and put people at ease.

I don't see NY happening. On May 19th, the capacity for stadiums is being increased from 20% to 33%. I really don't see the governor opening back up to 100% capacity in 3 months time

45 minutes ago, Chin for a Day said:

I don't see NY happening. On May 19th, the capacity for stadiums is being increased from 20% to 33%. I really don't see the governor opening back up to 100% capacity in 3 months time

I think its possible as the U.S. is very close to having more vaccine than what is being demanded.

21 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I think its possible as the U.S. is very close to having more vaccine than what is being demanded.

It doesn't matter what the vaccine is. What matters is how much the governor is willing to open. Right now, stadiums in NY are only 20%. On May 19th, they go to 33%. There is not alot of time to get to 100%.

Plus, we are close to reaching the amount of people that want vaccines

27 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Big difference between having all the vaccine available and reaching herd immunity.  If not enough people want it, we won't see the cases drop enough by the summer.  Plus they are finding that there is a significant percentage of people skipping their second shots because they fear severe side effects.  The pause on the J&J vaccine like with the AstraZeneca in Europe also caused more fear and reluctance.  I hope we can vaccinate at least 50-60% of our total population by summer but I don't know.  If we don't, it won't be for lack of supply.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Chin for a Day said:

It doesn't matter what the vaccine is. What matters is how much the governor is willing to open. Right now, stadiums in NY are only 20%. On May 19th, they go to 33%. There is not alot of time to get to 100%.

Plus, we are close to reaching the amount of people that want vaccines

I agree with you 💯. It's really just going to come down to reported cases. If they plummet bc of vax, things can change very fast. But if there really is no movement downward we won't see live music till 2022....which makes me sad. I just hope COVID becomes just a sad distant memory in the near future.

9 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I'm just desperately trying to be optimistic to see the guys live not really for me but for my daughter. I got the Hella Mega tickets for her birthday last year bc for some odd reason she has become a huge Green Day fan. (I may have played a small role in that 😅) I'm looking more forward to seeing her face when she sees Green Day step on stage live for the first time. Here's hoping..

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tdlyon said:

Speak for yourself, I've been looking forward to this tour since the day it was announced

Well, yeah you're right. "nobody wanted to see it" was a pretty blanket statement and it's not true. I know I personally was never looking forward to sitting through three bands just to see Green Day play and a lot of other people weren't either. I can enjoy Weezer sometimes, but I could take or leave the others. I'd much rather have an exclusively Green Day tour. One short opener and then a kickass night with my boys.

• Like 3
  • Love 1