Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

5 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

FOUR ALBUMS????? Did they feel the need to one-up Green Day's Trilogy or something LOL. 

They’re releasing one for every season on the first day of each (titled Spring, Summer, etc)

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’re releasing one for every season on the first day of each (titled Spring, Summer, etc)

That's a cool concept actually. 

8 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

That's a cool concept actually. 

It’s kind of putting Green Day to shame. So if Hella Mega does happen, Weezer will have at least four albums out since it was announced and two more on the way.  Green Day has one they don’t really want to play (side projects notwithstanding)

Maybe we will get  some of the small Green Day shows in the clubs here in the Bay Area/California. Seems we can do that, since we can have up to 200 people.

11 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I am sure they will still tour for FOAM, but if they can't do it this year it may well not be feasible to coordinate all three bands going forward, so they may just do their own FOAM tour, which would likely be better anyway. 

That's the dream

• Like 3

Billy Talent also moved their European tour to 2022.

If Green Day will tour in Europe next year, it's not that many venues, at least in the smaller countries, that would be compatible. They should hurry up. 

50 minutes ago, Beathe. said:

Billy Talent also moved their European tour to 2022.

If Green Day will tour in Europe next year, it's not that many venues, at least in the smaller countries, that would be compatible. They should hurry up. 

It’s probably rescheduled and venues booked for weeks

they just have to wait to announce  it 

1 hour ago, purplebenny said:

It’s probably rescheduled and venues booked for weeks

they just have to wait to announce  it 

I hope so. 😊

Their tour was suppose to start at the end of May. It's pretty late already to annonce rescheduled shows. Other band that have moved their tour to 2022, orginially had tour dates later than May/June. 

If it's virtual, they could cut between bands.  A little fall out boy, a lot of Weezer and

All the time Billie Joe wants, as to not make him curse a lot and abuse guitars. 

Have Green Day ever smashed guitars on any occasion other than iHeart?

22 minutes ago, That Dude said:

If it's virtual, they could cut between bands.  A little fall out boy, a lot of Weezer and

All the time Billie Joe wants, as to not make him curse a lot and abuse guitars. 

Have Green Day ever smashed guitars on any occasion other than iHeart?

I think billie may have smashed some of the Blue replicas they were making around the nimrod-warning era? I could totally be mistaken there though

• Surprised 1

Tre used to destroy/burn his drum kit a lot around Nimrod/Warning times, not sure if guitars were ever involved or not. I remember one time on the 21st CB tour in South America Billie got pissed off at the beginning of a song because he made a mistake or something and threw a replica Blue (the original was out for maintenance at the time) on the floor very hard. I think there's been a few times where he's thrown them on stage at least.

There was an interview with either Chris Dugan or Bill Schneider or both where they mentioned that when he throws ones he cares about he usually throws them carefully enough that they won't get too badly broken lol. So I think he's thrown a few but not smashed them up like that. 

Edit: Also just remembered when he tried (but failed) to smash the window of a Subaru with a guitar during a Rev Rad show lmao. Can't find a better video than this for some reason

• Like 2

Billie smashed his black Gretsch after the 1234Go show in the Trilogy era

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

We were soooo close to HM being dead

I feel like my only chance now is to become a comics villain

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

I remember one time on the 21st CB tour in South America Billie got pissed off at the beginning of a song because he made a mistake or something and threw a replica Blue (the original was out for maintenance at the time) on the floor very hard. I think there's been a few times where he's thrown them on stage at least.

I get happy when people mention it just because I was there (Brasília - October 17th 2010; first time I saw them live) 😄

Just the head of the guitar broke. Next show in São Paulo he was playing it. But the replica was kind of ugly, so it deserved anyway!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Boo hoo I can't believe they're doing this I hate these guys :cry:

:lol:

It says 'Green Day's European tour' in the update. Weezer & Fall out boy weren't booked for the first shows, including the show in Norway, so it doesn't have to mean anything. Just have to wait and see what they have decided. Hope they annonce the tour dates soon. 

• Like 3

Looks like Vienna will be postponed/cancelled. From May 19 on, outdoor events will be allowed up to 3.000 people and indoor up to 1.500.

Oh and Billie smashed a black Les Paul at Reading 2013 because it got out of tune during Waiting 😅

• Like 1

So I was just watching my local news and Fenway Park in Boston has confirmed that ALL summer concerts are a go. They listed a bunch, and specifically named Green Day. So I think we can assume that show is on? :) 

On 4/22/2021 at 4:08 PM, Karol Oliveira said:

I get happy when people mention it just because I was there (Brasília - October 17th 2010; first time I saw them live) 😄

Just the head of the guitar broke. Next show in São Paulo he was playing it. But the replica was kind of ugly, so it deserved anyway!

For what I recall, BJ went into full improvisation when tried to play Geek Stink Breath. I don't know what exactly made him pissed, but that show was way shorter (almost all old stuff got removed) than the usual standard of the tour (3 hours). He was in a bad place mentally and that was an outburst, like the one he had on Peru hoping Steve Jobs died of cancer. But anyway, is just story. I liked that replica, but not as much as the olympic white one he gifted on a show (and it was sold not so long ago)

For tour, I carefully optimistic it will happen in a reduced scale. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

So I was just watching my local news and Fenway Park in Boston has confirmed that ALL summer concerts are a go. They listed a bunch, and specifically named Green Day. So I think we can assume that show is on? :) 

Here's the article link as proof: https://www.necn.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/summer-concerts-are-back-at-fenway-park-heres-whos-playing-and-when/2453415/

Very interesting that it only mentions Green Day on August 5, not Weezer and FOB. Maybe this means something? Also there is a caveat here that things could change based on the virus situation, which they did not say on TV LOL.

16 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

Think America and the UK will have events this summer, the UFC is having fans in at 261 with optional masks. The vaccine rollout has made this summer quite realistic for big events returning.

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/dana-white-says-ufc-wont-require-face-coverings-at-ufc-261-as-promotion-plans-to-hand-out-masks-to-fans/