Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

Make it  a virtual tour and add a ton of bands that we can pick and choose which we want to see.

Like those 'build your dream concert' memes that have the price beside the band.  

Sorry, Fall Out Boy.  Your show is like 5 bucks. 

Weezer is 20

Green Day is 50.

Assorted others are 8. 

Knowing for sure they won't have any concerts in California on this tour.  Baseball stadiums do not qualify under the permissible outdoor venues.  Stages are not permanent. NOw just have to wait for them to cancel and refund everyone. Also in-state residents only. So, while it works for me, I know there are so many more that come from out of state. I'm up for another show at the Greek Theater.

Another interesting guidance: microphones should be used to limit voice projections, which can disperse viral particles; instruments should not be shared; and barriers should be used onstage to separate singers.

The state classifies permissible outdoor venues as a permanent and fixed facility, focused around a stage, court, or other central area designed primarily for viewing entertainment or athletics by an audience. The facility should not have any walls, doors, windows, dividers or other physical barriers that restrict airflow.

In the Bay Area, popular music venues such as the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View and the Concord Pavilion would qualify for reopening under the new rules.

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/entertainment/no-hugging-and-in-state-spectators-only-californias-new-rules-for-live-events-and-graduations

• Like 1

I think MCR postponing their tour is another telltale sign that Hella Mega will also be pushed back. Just give the announcement already, dammit. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, jengd said:

I saw yesterday Foo’s their Europe dates have postponed to 2022 now.

Most of the big bands seem to be postponing the last few weeks. Surely GD have to announce it's being postponed or cancelled soon? 

• Like 2

I guess it must be an insurance/legal thing. Probably have to wait for the venue to technically be the one to cancel or whatever.

• Like 4

Part of me wonders if their announcement is taking longer because it'll be a cancellation. But I also don't know why they'd be the only tour to cancel out of the countless others I've seen that are just postponing again.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Part of me wonders if their announcement is taking longer because it'll be a cancellation. But I also don't know why they'd be the only tour to cancel out of the countless others I've seen that are just postponing again.

Maybe because Green Day want to move on from this era too?  The other reason could be because of the other two bands on this bill. They all have to want to postpone and coordinate their schedules.

• Like 4

Green Day confirming a show in Atlanta for July 27th?
giphy.gif

Edit: It's been deleted a second after they posted it lol

I think someone just pressed a wrong button. Unless they’re just planning to perform in the states that no longer give a fuck. 😋

2 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

They’ve always had a show scheduled for Atlanta. That’s not new. 

You're so right 😂 I totally forgot. OMG this Tuesday is hard.
giphy.gif

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Lindsay said:

I think someone just pressed a wrong button. Unless they’re just planning to perform in the states that no longer give a fuck. 😋

They might do just that and cancel the rest

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

They might do just that and cancel the rest

NGL, I'm pretty happy that I have tickets to the Atlanta show for that reason! :lol: 

• Like 1

I am sure they will still tour for FOAM, but if they can't do it this year it may well not be feasible to coordinate all three bands going forward, so they may just do their own FOAM tour, which would likely be better anyway. 

I’m curious to know if Weezer still wants to commit to this tour considering they have four albums coming out next year they may want to tour in a different way for them.  Van Weezer will be over a year old by then they may just decide screw it with the stadium tour

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m curious to know if Weezer still wants to commit to this tour considering they have four albums coming out next year they may want to tour in a different way for them.  Van Weezer will be over a year old by then they may just decide screw it with the stadium tour

FOUR ALBUMS????? Did they feel the need to one-up Green Day's Trilogy or something LOL.