Hella Mega Tour with Weezer, Fall Out Boy

Sanity Loan

I'm still doubtful this will happen. It worries me that states are now lifting mask mandates and such. Its like please chill. Most people in the states aren't vaccinated. Why don't we wait a bit before start unmasking and lifting restrictions?

• Like 4

So the Green Day Facebook page recently added an event for a Hella Mega date in New York in August, so that would suggest they are still planning to go forward with this in the U.S, at least at this time. I know New York did reopen performance venues recently and is allowing half-capacity crowds. Hopefully most people will be vaccinated by August so perhaps people will have to show proof of vaccination to be admitted? 

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

So the Green Day Facebook page recently added an event for a Hella Mega date in New York in August, so that would suggest they are still planning to go forward with this in the U.S, at least at this time. I know New York did reopen performance venues recently and is allowing half-capacity crowds. Hopefully most people will be vaccinated by August so perhaps people will have to show proof of vaccination to be admitted? 

The Facebook still has the Asian tour showing though....

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

They did the same for the Pennsylvania shows too. I think they’re hoping to sell some more tickets in the event it goes ahead. These shows are still not near capacity even before the shutdown and a lot of people have gotten refunds since. Even if the shows went on without restrictions now (unlikely) they might operate at a loss.  Any capacity restrictions and they won’t be able to afford to do it

Any idea what the heck is this? 

https://fb.me/e/1WMuSQLii

Live streamed concert? Anyone saw more info somewhere? 

Edit: nevermind, seems to be hosted by a fake page. So probably fake.

2 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Any idea what the heck is this? 

https://fb.me/e/1WMuSQLii

Live streamed concert? Anyone saw more info somewhere? 

Edit: nevermind, seems to be hosted by a fake page. So probably fake.

That’s weird because I saw a similar thing for a local stand up comedy show. An event that was postponed was relisted as a free online event for tomorrow and I was wondering if it was for real but it’s not, the live event was just postponed to next year

Billie was 47 when they announced the Hella Mega tour it looks like he’s gonna be 50 by the time they play it 😢 

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I was talking about this with one of my interns the other day. There's been a lot of talk about people like her missing their last year of college, but not as much about people losing what "good" years they have left. I'm going to need a hip replacement after my next pit. :lol:

You're right.  My daughter will have lost half her college years too.  It feels like we've all lost years off our lives from this because we have.  I was also wondering whether Billie's going to still be doing those high jumps by the time they can tour again.  I think it was getting harder by the last tour, it may have been the last time.

8 hours ago, jengd said:

It’s my knees so not sure why I laughed 😄😄.  Many people have missed out on loads but this hasn’t been as bad as it could have been and the vaccines are really helping so I think we just have keep on going.

Re Billie Joe and the jumps, I agree, he has slowed a bit already to me, but it’s natural and he’s still got loads of energy and passion which is important so I‘ll still be watching.  It’s the day I have to have a seat I don’t know how I’ll cope!

I'm already in the seats. I prefer my own space :D after some not so great experiences in pits.

• Like 1

Just announced in California, that outdoor concerts can happen. But only open to California residents. Capicity depends on what tier the County is in.  So not sure how this will effect the concert in July. 

Here's how it breaks down.

Outdoor sports and live concerts

Purple Tier

Capacity will be limited to 100 people or less, and only people from the region will be allowed. Reservations will be required in advance. No concessions will be allowed.

Red Tier

Capacity will be limited to 20%, the department of health said. Concessions will be allowed, but while seated. In-state visitors will be allowed only.

Orange Tier

Capacity will be limited to 33%. In-state visitors will be allowed only.

Yellow Tier

Capacity will be limited to 67%, and in state visitors will be allowed only.

• Sad 1

On 3/2/2021 at 10:29 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Theoretically the US dates could still happen but not at full capacity so what do they do for all the tickets that have been sold if they can only accommodate half or less? Who’s gonna wanna be squashed in a pit with sweating spitting people with or without a vaccine if the virus is still a thing?

Me

11 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

There’s a pay wall I can’t read it 🥺

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. When I clicked on it it tried to make me subscribe but I was able to click out of that and read the article. I just skimmed through it but the gist is that concerts will likely be able to resume in some form this summer. 

The killers have rescheduled their tour tofay

was about a week between that and hella mega last year in announcements 

Billy Talent have pulled out of Slam Dunk festival in September saying that while the UK are progressing well with Covid vaccinations the rest of the world isn’t, so they won’t be coming over. I suspect this will happen with Hella Mega too. 

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The only question is if it’s getting cancelled or postponed again.

If it’s postponed again I’m hoping for a refund for at least one of my tickets this time to save me the hassle of trying to resell it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If it’s postponed again I’m hoping for a refund for at least one of my tickets this time to save me the hassle of trying to resell it. 

My option was keep all or refund all (4 tickets) for my specific date. I couldn't just refund one or two tickets.

38 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If the Asian dates are any indication, it looks like they’re going to cancel anyway

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Squashie said:

My option was keep all or refund all (4 tickets) for my specific date. I couldn't just refund one or two tickets.

I have a single pit ticket for the Philly show so hopefully I can separate that from the four I’m keeping for Pittsburgh. They were two separate transactions (unless it all gets canceled of course then it doesn’t matter it all gets refunded)

• Like 1