Next Album Anticipation Thread....Chapter 2

Hermione

i'm literally wet right now  😂

anyone got a towel ? 

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now, can we finally acknowledge something is happening and with this on the main account the album is done?

And we’re now in hype building Pr mode

Just now, Jrem said:

Just refreshing instagram sees it and comes here all yall were quick

Post notifications are a thing of beauty...

I'm a snob and only follow Billie Joe. At least I follow one of all the accounts going private :lol: 

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

GD official account only has a bit more followers than Billie lol

It’s less active, especially when the band isn’t touring/promoting things. It makes sense.

1 minute ago, Motoko Kusanagi said:

i'm literally wet right now  😂

anyone got a towel ? 

Yikes 

1 minute ago, Matt. said:

The fact that the band's account is private now definitely means something.

It would mean something imminent is happening right? It wouldn't be beneficial to close an account for weeks or months.

Just now, Khaleesi. said:

Yikes 

i've been in the rain .. get your mind out of the gutter 😂😋

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It would mean something imminent is happening right? It wouldn't be beneficial to close an account for weeks or months.

I forget who said it, but their theory about them being private as a means to drum up interest is pretty realistic. So, yeah, I could see it being private for a good chunk of time.

And no, I am not privy to the marketing plans.

Just now, Matt. said:

I forget who said it, but their theory about them being private as a means to drum up interest is pretty realistic. So, yeah, I could see it being private for a good chunk of time.

Hmm...I'm not marketing person but I can't see how that's good for business. Wouldn't you want to allow people to follow you as you drum up interest?

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I would not be surprised if the teasing continues for a bunch of days. It would make less sense to keep it private only for a few hours.

4 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Hmm...I'm not marketing person but I can't see how that's good for business. Wouldn't you want to allow people to follow you as you drum up interest?

You get people who would have otherwise not followed you (cause they do not need to) to send follow requests. When the account turns public those requests turn into followers. Having more follow requests and more followers mean having higher engagement rates, which means more people see your content. This of course work if the teasing continues and there’s some collateral promotion (news articles etc. that I bet will start to pop up). 

So my shift is over and I literally didn't do any work because I was on this thread those last 8 hours. DAMN IT WAS A GOOD DAY!

7 minutes ago, Motoko Kusanagi said:

i've been in the rain .. get your mind out of the gutter 😂😋

giphy.gif

IMHO definitely a social media marketing strategy going on. And the GD Instagram page turned private later cause they first had to turn it into a profile (is possible and necessary since pages can’t be private, unless IG changed something in the last few weeks this is a thing) .

Just now, cav9mm said:

Bit confused , what do you mean their accounts are private ?

i can still see everything as normal .

If you're already following you won't notice, but if you're not then they're private.

Just now, cav9mm said:

Bit confused , what do you mean their accounts are private ?

i can still see everything as normal .

If you follow them, you can still see their posts. If not, you get this:
e4ce94ee210ff0b8a543adb09f63f26b59e66e9f

I work night shift so I got up at 9 pm last night and I got off work at 7 am central...on Fridays, since it's my weekend, I usually try to stay up all day so I'm on a normal person schedule for Saturday. Thankful for this hype giving me enough excitement to stay awake today 😂

I am NOT saying this is the case, but when an Instagram account goes private (be it a band, company, any official account in most capacities), it is usually done in the event a 'refresh' is happening, be it a logo, bio, etc. It's done so that someone doesn't upload the new material before they are supposed to.

So it's very very possible. Weezer (who are also Crush) went offline for a day or so before White Album was announced.

1 minute ago, J a c said:

IMHO definitely a social media marketing strategy going on. And the GD Instagram page turned private later cause they first had to turn it into a profile (is possible and necessary since pages can’t be private, unless IG changed something in the last few weeks this is a thing) .

Yeah, the lag between their "personals" going private and the main band page would seem that was the hold up.

1 minute ago, Brutalitops said:

I am NOT saying this is the case, but when an Instagram account goes private (be it a band, company, any official account in most capacities), it is usually done in the event a 'refresh' is happening, be it a logo, bio, etc. It's done so that someone doesn't upload the new material before they are supposed to.

So it's very very possible. Weezer (who are also Crush) went offline for a day or so before White Album was announced.

But people who already follow the account(s) can still see everything that being posted. 

I think the fact that the three guys and the official account have all posted that photo leads me to think it is definitely teasing more than just a secret show. This gives me a feeling that something, whether it be an announcement or single, is coming in the next 7 days

2 minutes ago, Brutalitops said:

Interesting.

14 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It stirs up an aura of mystery and a lot of “something is happening” which feeds into excitement

Archived