The Longshot

Beerjeezus

3 hours ago, aydge89 said:

They played Stay the Night at the most recent show!

why-eye-twitches-1511285531.gif?resize=7

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as they are playing trilogy songs I wonder if we will get those trilogy remixes but under The Longshot name. Maybe "The Longshot Does Uno Dos Tre" album or ep at some point.

Seeing Stay the night on the set only reinforces my idea that Longshot songs are some trilogy leftovers :lol:

7 minutes ago, greendepent said:

Seeing Stay the night on the set only reinforces my idea that Longshot songs are some trilogy leftovers :lol:

Some are probably rehab/post-rehab songs.

That performance of Stay the Night was beautiful, but I can't stop laughing at the people shouting HEY OH.😂

I was about to do a Longshot Songs' Tree but then I said, ''Nah..''. Billie Joe played ''Stay the Night'', so now I can make the Songs' Tree:

STAY THE NIGHT - CHASING THE GHOST - KILL YOUR FRIENDS - STAY THE NIGHT

They all die in tree.

23 minutes ago, greendepent said:

So far only tracks from Uno. Which makes sense since what we've heard so far sounds like they would fit best on that record (out of the trilogy).

19 minutes ago, greendepent said:

What i think is, these songs are Trilogy songs Alternatives. Like,

Stay the Night/Chasing a Ghost.

Makeout Party/Devil’s kind

8th avenue seranade/ Taxi Driver

Lazy Bones/ Kill your Friends

Sweet 16/ love is for losers

5 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

That performance of Stay the Night was beautiful, but I can't stop laughing at the people shouting HEY OH.😂

Same reading ''green day cover'' Lol

9 minutes ago, aydge89 said:

So far only tracks from Uno. Which makes sense since what we've heard so far sounds like they would fit best on that record (out of the trilogy).

I can't help but get a total Little Boy Named Train vibe from Taxi Driver though. It's the same metaphor and the line "I'm always lost and nothing will change, give me directions and I'll get lost again" sounds like it could work for both songs.

40 minutes ago, Matt. said:

Some are probably rehab/post-rehab songs.

Possible but it's also still post rehab now so still could get songs in that vein written more recently. Chasing a Ghost sounds like it's on that subject but could easily have been written reflecting on things now rather than right after.

So we got Stay the Night and Fell for You. How about Dirty Rotten Bastards at the next show?

Hope they play Sweet 16 at some point. There’s a prime example of a trilogy song deserving of a new life.

5 hours ago, Admiral_Needa said:

I got The Dead Sound setlist and Mack Narragon and Bill Schneider autographed it after the show, which was nice.

As for the 7" Longshot vinyls, I had over a dozen requests, but I was only able to buy six, as the merchandise booth has now limited vinyl purchases to only 2 per person. I then asked a couple friends to buy 2 each for me, until I essentially got cut off, lol.

Anyways, I ordered some 7" cardboard mailers from Amazon.com which should arrive this week, then I'll start sending them out. Hope this helps, :toocool:

Cool.please let me know if you were able to get me one of the 6. Thx. I can send u my info.

1 hour ago, Zebahar said:

So we got Stay the Night and Fell for You. How about Dirty Rotten Bastards at the next show?

I don’t want them to play it without mike and Tre 😶

Friendly reminder: I've had to remove 3 images from quotes on this page alone. Please don't forget to delete the pictures when you quote someone! 

5 minutes ago, Junior_Spidey said:

I don’t want them to play it without mike and Tre 😶

I admit it feels a little weird, you can almost imagine him without them. But as long as Mike and Tre are okay with it it’s all good. I trust the level of respect they have for each other that Billie wouldn’t do this without their support. And he’s said a thousand times he would never leave Green Day but I guess things like this show he so easily could that people still wonder. 

1 hour ago, Zebahar said:

Oh God, not this again. Is it 2013? :lol: 

5 hours ago, Coverups said:

Does anyone want to comment on the likelihood of The Longshot coming to the UK?

Really really unlikely, although if they do I'll be there

10 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Oh God, not this again. Is it 2013? :lol: 

The dream will never die 

1 minute ago, Zebahar said:

The dream will never die 

Haha, kind of like my husband's dream of hearing Nice Guys Finish Last live! :P 

Archived