You know you're a Green Day fan when...

JardyOfSuburbia

18 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Spotify Wrapped says I'm in the top 0.05% of fans. 

Same. Then Billie spoke to me even if the song I listened the most was Euphoria by Muse. 
I wanted to have a message from MATT BELLAMY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Same. Then Billie spoke to me even if the song I listened the most was Euphoria by Muse. 

We are best buds with Billie now.   Man, Spotify keeps forcing Muse on me, nearly making them my most played because of it!  I like em but dang.  Don't force them on me.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Oh, Euphoria by Muse is an absolute jam. Love that song and album so much.

• Like 1

Green Day is my No. 2 artist this year (under Taylor Swift…sorry my loves, I’m a 30 year old white woman 😂). I’m pretty impressed they rank that high because I really only started seriously listening to them after a long break in October. They made it to nearly the top in a month and a half!

• Like 2

I honestly squealed when I got the video message. It's funny how they're my top artist but not even in my top 10 songs. (To be fair tho I didn't listen to Spotify nearly as much this year as I've done in years past.)

• Like 2

Green Day's been my Top 1 Artist every single time, same for Top 1 song. This time it was TADIKM of course 😁

What can I do? I love me some MCR, Paramore, and other stuff, but they can't beat my boys, they've been with me since my teenage years lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

When I encountered someone with the surname “Bada” and I got bada bing, bada boom stuck in my head.

GD are my #2 artist on Spotify this year. Fall Out Boy 1st, Kings of Leon 3rd, Sam Fender 4th, Weezer 5th.

• Like 2

Okay, so on Apple Music Green Day was (obviously) my Nr 1 artist. But what I didn't expect was, that I almost listened three times as often to GD songs than to songs of my Nr 2 artist 😅

• Like 3

17 hours ago, That Dude said:

Spotify Wrapped says I'm in the top 0.05% of fans.  Next year, 0.01.  I want to be #1. 

I listen to American Dream 78 times in a row, haha. 

I’m in the top 0.05% too! Although I’m surprised I apparently only listened to TADIKM 98 times this month 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't really use Spotify but my bf plays songs for me on his iPad when I'm in the shower so his Spotify wrapped was basically hijacked by all my bullshit. We both freaked out when Billie started talking to us lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

When you play them so often in the car on the way to and from work that your friend/colleague that you give a ride to has probably just as much knowledge of their back catalogue as you do 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When you're walking through the grocery store, and double back to see if they still have Oakland Coffee.  Not to buy it, just to see if it's still there.

• Haha 4

Some dude on reddit is bragging about buying a 45 of Billie joe armstrongs "look for love"  he paid $3000 for it on eBay that is all lol

26 minutes ago, ekim said:

Some dude on reddit is bragging about buying a 45 of Billie joe armstrongs "look for love"  he paid $3000 for it on eBay that is all lol

Yep that was worth less than 3 minutes 

26 minutes ago, ekim said:

Yep that was worth less than 3 minutes 

• 1 month later...

I had a situation where a radio station was talking about something that was 2,000 light years away and I sung the song in my head.

Green Dudes Podcast listening...and guess what?  Green Day Authority mention in the Why Do You Want Him episode!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When you're watching The Grumps, and Arin says "This is a Heineken, but it is non-alcoholic. It says 0.0, which means 0 flavor, 0 fun." and you think 'OMG that's what Billie says he drinks!' 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Heineken, fuck that shit!"

When you're watching Blue Velvet, hear Frank Booth's Heineken line and sing the band's cover of My Generation in your head.

• 2 weeks later...

You hear about chewing gum and your mind generates the lyric from the "Place Inside My Head" demo.

Bonus: you call yourself an "X-kid" when you log in to X (former Twitter).

When somebody says "Here we go again" I immediately think of 'Going to Pasalacqua'. 

When somebody also use the word contradiction I also think of Walking Contradiction (same with Basket Case) 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Montclare said:

When there's non-stop coverage of the solar eclipse, and Roshambo comes on, and you think, you too?

From where I live you couldn't see it 😒. It apparently happened somewhere around noon, but I couldn't see it. Anyone that lives in Texas see it? It was a bit cloudy for me. 

@Montclare I agree! Also when people talk about the Earth being flat I immediately sing Flat Earth. 

• Haha 3

I wonder if Fink's opinions have changed since he wrote Roshambo, or if perhaps someone else in the band wrote it.   I'm a Green Day fan because I've got a copy of Nobody Likes You in front of me and I'm going to once again drive the point home that we shouldn't be discussing The Network here in the Green Day thread, lol.  

"It was then that the masked "Europeans" moved in."     "They have strange accents.  Thye are really F-ed up, strange people".      I think putting Europeans in quotes and talking about their accents.....Spitz and Lucasey think the guys are faking their accents.   Which is possible.     The book then goes on to deny that The Network are Green Day at least EIGHT additional times.  

When The Network appeared and began recording Money Money 2020, Green Day had left the studio after a 'rap session' with Rob Cavallo, sorting out their feeling of Billie being a crazed tyrant and stuff relating to all three of them growing up and being more mature.     Oh, here's the quote from Bill Schneider (following some odd quotes from Cavallo that makes it sound as if Green Day ARE the Network)   - "Green Day are not the Network".  

"Green Day are not the Network".

• Like 1