You know you're a Green Day fan when...

JardyOfSuburbia

When you have to kick the habit of their coffee.   What's in that stuff, Whiskey and yeyo?    

Not even kidding.   If I went one day without drinking it, I got migraines and felt absolutely horrible.   Had to gradually switch to a different coffee and then stop drinking any kind for a week or so to come off it.   

Haha.  

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

When you have to kick the habit of their coffee.   What's in that stuff, Whiskey and yeyo?    

Not even kidding.   If I went one day without drinking it, I got migraines and felt absolutely horrible.   Had to gradually switch to a different coffee and then stop drinking any kind for a week or so to come off it.   

Haha.  

That would be the caffeine withdrawal. Been there. Worst 10 day’s of my life last year. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Oof. Sorry bout the coffee 😣. That had to be bad. Glad you worked thru it tho. 

My “You Know You’re A Green Day Fan Moments” are:

1. Calling out an eBay seller for making bootleg your tees... And not even well! He used the front of the 2009 tour tee and the back of the 2010 “21st Century Breakdown” tour, with dates. 🤦🏻‍♀️

2. You name your car ‘Whatsername’

Edited by RoyalBlack
Forgot the word ‘Fan’
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, RoyalBlack said:

Oof. Sorry bout the coffee 😣. That had to be bad. Glad you worked thru it tho. 

My “You Know You’re A Green Day Fan Moments” are:

1. Calling out an eBay seller for making bootleg your tees... And not even well! He used the front of the 2009 tour tee and the back of the 2010 “21st Century Breakdown” tour, with dates. 🤦🏻‍♀️

2. You name your car ‘Whatsername’

What was that eBay seller thinking?!

Also, welcome to GDC!!😊

It's too bad I can't drink coffee anymore. It makes me sick every time I try. I would totally buy Oakland Coffee if I were able to drink it, though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

When I have to write an analytical essay on a film/novel and I can't think of anything else to write about, this line from Letterbomb always comes into my head:

"There is nothing left to analyse" 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Outofmind said:

There's a Pandemic and the only thing on your mind is... When will Green Day share a new one of their albums?

Hmm.. do any of you guys think Green Day will release a song about the pandemic?

I hope so

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Outofmind said:

There's a Pandemic and the only thing on your mind is... When will Green Day share a new one of their albums?

Yes.

• Like 3

When you have videos like this bookmarked.   

See Green Day at their most Punk!  

• Like 3

On 4/25/2020 at 2:40 AM, remember2learn2forget said:

Hmm.. do any of you guys think Green Day will release a song about the pandemic?

I hope so

I don't know, I'm getting sick of the pandemic themed music videos and songs already.  Sick of the whole situation (and it's sick of me too!!!)  

I do absolutely LOVE the live music we're getting from artists (The Killers, Flogging Molly, Bowling for Soup, Glorious Sons are all doing amazing things, check them out NOW!)   

Bowling for Soup did a Blue October cover and oh my gosh the video makes me cry every time.   Jaret and Justin tackle mental health issues and it's just what so many people needed.   

Maybe there could be a Green Day song about it that doesn't name drop the situation.    Keep it vague in that tried and true Rock tradition.   The themes are ripe for a Green Day tune.   Isolation.   loneliness.  Heartbreak.   MISSING YOU!  Hey, that would be a good quarantine track!     Missing You Part One and Two!     

But once this is all over, I don't want to hear about it anymore.   

• Like 2

You know you're a Green Day when September Ends.   Organizing my bookmarks and came across this gem.   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

I don't know, I'm getting sick of the pandemic themed music videos and songs already.  Sick of the whole situation (and it's sick of me too!!!)  

I do absolutely LOVE the live music we're getting from artists (The Killers, Flogging Molly, Bowling for Soup, Glorious Sons are all doing amazing things, check them out NOW!)   

Bowling for Soup did a Blue October cover and oh my gosh the video makes me cry every time.   Jaret and Justin tackle mental health issues and it's just what so many people needed.   

Maybe there could be a Green Day song about it that doesn't name drop the situation.    Keep it vague in that tried and true Rock tradition.   The themes are ripe for a Green Day tune.   Isolation.   loneliness.  Heartbreak.   MISSING YOU!  Hey, that would be a good quarantine track!     Missing You Part One and Two!     

But once this is all over, I don't want to hear about it anymore.   

Man, I feel the same. 

I feel like they could produce something really good, but keep it kinda vague so it doesn't sound like a parody lol.

But as you said, the themes are all Green Day. I think they could make a killer track.

And yeah, that's the main reason I would prefer the lyrics to be vague- Once the pandemic is over, I don't want to think about it too much.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think they could use some of the themes but would be surprised if they made it too specific as that really dates music.

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I think they could use some of the themes but would be surprised if they made it too specific as that really dates music.

Yes! So true. You put it into perfect words- it would date the music.

I kinda want it to be a song where the lyrics are based on those themes rather than the virus itself. It would be good to tell future fans that the song was written about the pandemic and them being able to go "oh, yeah. I can hear that now" rather than them listening to it and the lyrics are literally "quarantine" "pandemic" "virus".

Does that make sense?

• Like 1

When dad came running into my room because he was stuck on a GD question on a music picture quiz that he was playing on his laptop... and I gave him the correct answer!

It was an old picture of them and he had to name the correct year, it was from 1995. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

When you help out with some digging at your dads allotment and the soil around your fingernail reminds you of this: 

Spoiler

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, RedundantIdiot said:

When you help out with some digging at your dads allotment and the soil around your fingernail reminds you of this: 

Hide contents

I knew what it was.  Why did I click?  Why?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

When you finally break down under peer pressure to get Animal Crossing: New Horizons and name your island "Idiot Isle" and make its flag the heart-grenade and change the island's tune to a snippet of American Idiot.

GASP! Animal Crossing???? I play too! Let me know if you want to add each other as friends :)

9 hours ago, kaylubd said:

GASP! Animal Crossing???? I play too! Let me know if you want to add each other as friends :)

I would love to! DM me.

When you notice your fingernails are disgusting and immediately think of Billie. I cleaned them. :lol:

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

When you notice your fingernails are disgusting and immediately think of Billie. I cleaned them. :lol:

Thanks for making me check my fingernails

• Like 1