The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

I actually wore out my International Superhits CD! Not listened to it in a while, must go back to it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Funnily enough Shenanigans was the hardest for me to find. I eventually found a copy of the disc and booklet only at the Salvation Army. But that's wasn't good enough so a few years later I picked up a proper copy at my local record store.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stories and songs said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/DA_Gql-uN28/?igsh=dmxxbXhkZnQ4enky

As kids these days would say, this man’s Instagram videos have me in a chokehold. It’s either sad or cute how excited I got when I saw a new lil intro video dropped. :lol:

I know! I was looking forward to these the day after a Saviors tour show. I was happy to see one pop again.

• Like 4

Watching those little videos makes me inexplicably happy….

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mollyluna said:

Yes I think this thread is right…. I‘m relatively new to the Green Day fandom, but soaking up everything I can get about them. This is obviously so intense that I‘ve begun dreaming of them at night. Also trying to listen to other music but always quickly returning to Green Day. Okay I‘m happy with all this 😀 but is this normal?? I mean I‘m middle age, long happily married, and now I feel like a teenager in love. 😂 Tell me where will this lead…?

Is it normal? I don't know. But you are not alone in it :lol: I'm in my 30s, in a stable relationship and with a stable job, and pretty obsessed at the moment. To be frank I came into the Green Day fandom in my teens and I was very into it for about 10 years, then I just drifted away from the Green Day world and stayed away for 10 years, and then I made my come back last year after seeing them live at Bataclan. I became reactivated quite badly and feel like a bit like a teen too :lol: And we are not alone in this either, you'll find plenty of people in the forums and in the concerts who left their teens behind a few decades ago.

Where does it lead? I think it ebbs and flows. If you are fairly new to the Green Day fandom you will have a lot of catalog to discover and enjoy, so I wouldn't expect it to calm down a lot until you've done that. But I'm glad we are this way, it keeps us young at heart :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, CristhyneS said:

Is it normal? I don't know. But you are not alone in it :lol: I'm in my 30s, in a stable relationship and with a stable job, and pretty obsessed at the moment. To be frank I came into the Green Day fandom in my teens and I was very into it for about 10 years, then I just drifted away from the Green Day world and stayed away for 10 years, and then I made my come back last year after seeing them live at Bataclan. I became reactivated quite badly and feel like a bit like a teen too :lol: And we are not alone in this either, you'll find plenty of people in the forums and in the concerts who left their teens behind a few decades ago.

Where does it lead? I think it ebbs and flows. If you are fairly new to the Green Day fandom you will have a lot of catalog to discover and enjoy, so I wouldn't expect it to calm down a lot until you've done that. But I'm glad we are this way, it keeps us young at heart :lol:

THIS. My fangirling started when I was 13 and American Idiot came out. I drifted away over the years as I went to college and then dealt with a bunch of life disasters LOL, and then I found my way back around the start of the pandemic (Green Day was a HUGE help in getting me through the pandemic). I am 33-years-old, have a career as a college instructor, am more than halfway to a PhD, own a home, caregive for my father, and have a long-distance partner (who has also been one of my best friends for 15 years and also loves my fangirling), so I would say I turned out OK. :) Just let yourself love what you love; it will make your life a lot happier and more fulfilling. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Mollyluna said:

Feels good not to be alone in this. 😊 I just wouldn‘t have expected to become so obsessed by a band and their music after all these years. I‘m late to the party, so I‘m sad to have missed so much. But yes, there‘s really a lot to discover. I love it. I‘m glad to have found this community!

I totally understand being sad about having missed so much. I felt that way the first time around about their older albums, and even more so now about the albums I missed while being on my ten-year Green Day sabbatical (still gutted about missing the Revolution Radio era or not seeing Brutal Love live). But at the same time I envy you a bit because you get to experience a lot of things for the first time and still be surprised by so many things. Kind of like that nostalgia you feel after having read an amazing book, because even though you can read it again and still enjoy it, you know you will never experience again reading it for the first time and discovering how the characters progress and end up.

Did you catch any of the shows of the Saviors tour?

• Like 2

Welcome @Mollyluna and yes you are in the right place, definitely! Don’t feel sad you missed it first time, be glad you have so much to discover going back through music, interviews etc.   They are a great band, very easy to love.  I have been mad about them since 2009 and it’s a very long time since I was a teenager but they still make me feel like one.  I also think it’s a great fandom as I have met quite a few fans now and they are so friendly and welcoming, going to a concert is truly joyful.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Mollyluna said:

Yes I think this thread is right…. I‘m relatively new to the Green Day fandom, but soaking up everything I can get about them. This is obviously so intense that I‘ve begun dreaming of them at night. Also trying to listen to other music but always quickly returning to Green Day. Okay I‘m happy with all this 😀 but is this normal?? I mean I‘m middle age, long happily married, and now I feel like a teenager in love. 😂 Tell me where will this lead…?

You just described me back in 2009. Still happy to be here. 
And welcome!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mollyluna said:

@jengd, @CristhyneS and @PhuzzyPhriend thank you for this warm welcome! It helps a lot because among my family, friends and colleagues there’s no one who understands just how GREAT this band is while I recognized that at once when listening to Saviors for the first time…
Discovering new Green Day things since then truly is exciting. I‘ve listened to almost all of their discography (except for Dos and FOAM, until now), watched countless YouTube videos and read through many threads here (the Billie Joe Armstrong Photo Thread helps a lot with fangirling by the way…) And I had the luck to see the boys twice on the Saviors Tour. First time was Nuremberg which was a festival but I didn’t care, I just wanted to see them. And it was great! I loved every minute of it, was even in the moshpit for some time. Three days later I saw them in Berlin and this - being a full album show - was of course even more impressive. And so the obsession began… but it makes sooo happy!!!😃

Then you had good timing to start following Green Day, because I feel there's a general consensus among fans that this tour has been really special. And with the new and old stuff being released / re-released with the American Idiot Anniversary edition... it's a good time to be a Green Day fan. 

And yeah I moved to France in 2018, while I was in my ten-year Green Day sabbatical, so none of my friends here, my colleagues, nor my partner saw this coming :lol:. I've been with my partner 5 years, 3.5 of those living together, and he might have heard me listening to the odd Green Day very rarely, even though I told him the stories of how into Green Day I was in my teens. And it went from that to me listening almost exclusively to Green Day since November last year. As for my colleagues I think it's a bit hard for them to reconcile how I am at work, and the type of work that we do (very nerdy stuff), with me then saying "oh by the way I'll be off tomorrow... am I doing anything fun? why, yes there's a Green Day show and I'll be going to queue early in the morning because I want to be in first row, so I'll be doing that all day.... yes, I was at a Green Day show last week too." :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Hey, it’s good to have different interests and if other people in your life can still be surprised by you then well done you. Be true to yourself I say.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@CristhyneS Love to hear your story of getting back into the "madness". As for me, I think I confuse people with all that band merch, wearing those shirts also at my workplace (because why not?), and in conversation with frequently giving information about the band's latest activities, opinions or whatever. It' important to inform your environment about Green Day, isn't it?😉

I really hope to see them live again. They will come to Europe again next summer. For Germany it's just two festival shows until now. So I'm waiting for more tour dates or at least the release of day tickets for one of the festivals.... 

• Like 1

Not a confession, more gossip...

Anyone else notice that Billie and Mike weren't in any of Sara/Tré's wedding anniversary celebration photos? 🤔 

Wonder if they were there and just didn't want to be featured... looks like Kevin, Jason F, Jason W were there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undómiel said:

Anyone else notice that Billie and Mike weren't in any of Sara/Tré's wedding anniversary celebration photos? 🤔 

Wonder if they were there and just didn't want to be featured... looks like Kevin, Jason F, Jason W were there...

Mike might be on vacation with his family. Billie and Adrienne are in London

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Mike might be on vacation with his family. Billie and Adrienne are in London

I mean, they have just been together for like 5 months. Probs need some time off 😅 

Didn't know bj and 80 were in London semi permanently these days...

1 hour ago, Undómiel said:

I think it might have coincided with Mike's son birthday? At least I feel the stories from one and the other started appearing at about the same time on my instagram... as for Billie, no idea. 

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Billie and Adrienne are in London

How do you even know that? :lol:

1 minute ago, Undómiel said:

I mean, they have just been together for like 5 months. Probs need some time off 😅 

I totally would 😅