The Green Day Fangirls' Confessions Thread

BeachBum

Can I fangirl for a bit on Trè in full makeup and pearls?!  🥰

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

Okay YES. I just came on here to say that, for some inexplicable reason, I find it very sexy when Green Day is played on Sirius XM’s hard rock channel Octane. :lol: And I think it might be related to this somehow (it’s also probably because I like a lot of music heavier than Green Day and so them being grouped among that music is hot to me lol).

Like, I have lots of other bands I enjoy. And to me they’re just *bands I enjoy* who I recognize are popular among rock fans and who I discovered on the radio. They’re just bands. Idk anything about them beyond their music, I have no emotional or personal attachment. But Green Day is not just a band I enjoy. They’re part of me, and my life is so intertwined with them in a way that feels so personal. My fandom here has always been something that is primarily about the band members first and the music second, because they just matter so much to me. So even though I on some level objectively know that they’re a very popular band, whenever they’re acknowledged for that in some mainstream way, it takes me out of that bubble I’ve been in with them for nearly 20 years and I’m like “wow, you’re like legit and famous!” :lol: When Billie acknowledges the entity that is Green Day, it feels similarly. They’re so normal and down-to-earth as people that when you’re focused on them and not their global stardom, it’s easy to not think of them in that way at all. They’re just the guys.

I realize this is an extremely strange line of thought lol.

I get what you’re saying. It’s easy to feel that way when Billie’s doing side projects like Longshot or the Coverups and he hangs out after, is very relaxed and accessible, you’re all in this tiny club and it’s easy to forget he’s as famous as he is. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Floofy Billie in England :wub: 

Wow yes. Sometimes when I see something like them getting inducted in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame or the Woodstock show or the iconic American Idiot music video etc I think of seeing them in small clubs like that and it blows my mind.

Answered by the man himself!

But need THE products so I can go buy them. He's adorbs in that video though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Squashie said:

But need THE products so I can go buy them. He's adorbs in that video though.

Didn't Billie once say he used surf wax?

• Surprised 1

12 hours ago, Hermione said:

Answered by the man himself!

Thank you for making my day 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times better 😍.

Edited by GreenDayJunkie86
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

True haha. I think the real answer is have naturally very thick, curly, voluminous hair, then straighten it and use products to tame it.

And I was not blessed with thick naturally curly hair. Dammit. 😔🤪

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

True haha. I think the real answer is have naturally very thick, curly, voluminous hair, then straighten it and use products to tame it.

As someone with thick, curly hair - this is the way :lol: You kind of always have volume whether you want it or not! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Squashie said:

And I was not blessed with thick naturally curly hair. Dammit. 😔🤪

I have it but don't consider it a blessing :lol:, I also need some product tips from Billie

26 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

As someone with thick, curly hair - this is the way :lol: You kind of always have volume whether you want it or not! 

I just got a thinned out short bob cut at the hairdresser today, the less of it to deal with the better! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

That's a true fact if I ever heard one! I have hair that girls pay mad cash to get styled like for prom or something - loose, wavy curls that form those ringlets that bounce back if you pull them down a little. I literally do nothing with my hair (because I'm a lazy fuck :lol:) and it still looks like that every time I get out of the shower and it air dries. I used to not like my hair at all, but now I've grown to appreciate it a lot more.

Billie totally has hair that a lot of people would kill for. It's absolutely gorgeous and looks great with his natural curls or when he styles it a little smoother. It always kind of reverts to curly when it gets all wet from his sweat during a concert, though, so even if he styles it smooth we get to see his curls by the end of the night.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

That's a true fact if I ever heard one! I have hair that girls pay mad cash to get styled like for prom or something - loose, wavy curls that form those ringlets that bounce back if you pull them down a little. I literally do nothing with my hair (because I'm a lazy fuck :lol:) and it still looks like that every time I get out of the shower and it air dries. I used to not like my hair at all, but now I've grown to appreciate it a lot more.

Billie totally has hair that a lot of people would kill for. It's absolutely gorgeous and looks great with his natural curls or when he styles it a little smoother. It always kind of reverts to curly when it gets all wet from his sweat during a concert, though, so even if he styles it smooth we get to see his curls by the end of the night.

I always feel bad for him having nightmare to style hair :lol:. When Green Day aren't doing stuff and he doesn't have a stylist etc he has to resort to slicking it back, bandanas, dreads, just letting it go crazy etc. But it does look amazing when styled. I think he doesn't do natural curls much because with very curly hair it takes more effort to have nice looking natural curls than to just straighten it (when already straightened hair gets wet and curls it's different/looks better than if you just leave it after washing). Or maybe I'm projecting lol. Ton of work, glad he doesn't just cut it short!

I agree a head of hair like that is a lot of work but the plus of still having such a thick head of hair in his line of work at his age must count for something.  I like it short - not MDP video short - but he’s had it short and it’s looked great before now.

• Like 2

The floof defies all laws of physics and gravity. A major slay. 💅

• Like 2
  • Love 1