Revolution radio thoughts

Nathan2521

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an absolutely joke by Green Day standards... it's hard to believe the same guy who wrote American Idiot made this flaming pile of garbage. Why make a political album if you ain't got anything noteworthy to say... it's the same revolution stance they've been doing for years now. 

Revolution Radio is Green Day doing what they do best. The songs are great and it's one of my favorite Green Day albums now. Such a breath of fresh air after the trilogy

3 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

I am the only one who feels that actually makes sense :lol:

3 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

No, I'm with you.  

And I bet you both love Revrad. See how easy it is to please people these days? Just take a bunch of completely random sentences, throw them together and call it a song. That's what I did and you STILL think it makes sense. 

21 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

And I bet you both love Revrad. See how easy it is to please people these days? Just take a bunch of completely random sentences, throw them together and call it a song. That's what I did and you STILL think it makes sense. 

On the contrary - I like not love Revrad but it would be in my bottom half of albums - I think the whole album makes sense.

1 hour ago, Tinkle said:

On the contrary - I like not love Revrad but it would be in my bottom half of albums - I think the whole album makes sense.

I love when lyrics are not straightforward, you can interpret them in different ways and they can mean different things to different people.  I guess some people need things spelled out for them, to make it easier.

14 minutes ago, Scattered Wreck said:

I guess some people need things spelled out for them, to make it easier.

If you are implying that people like myself who unfortunately have a perfect grasp of the English language need assistance interpreting the deeper meaning behind the "complex" song construction on Revrad I'll remind you that you thought that my fake song comprised of randomly selected and completely thrown together lyrics made sense.

2 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

If you are implying that people like myself who unfortunately have a perfect grasp of the English language need assistance interpreting the deeper meaning behind the "complex" song construction on Revrad I'll remind you that you thought that my fake song comprised of randomly selected and completely thrown together lyrics made sense.

I do recall you saying previously that the lyrics to Somewhere Now make no sense - but I maybe wrong.  

10 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Give me a long kiss goodnight

Everybody do the propaganda

I'm not part of your elite I'm just alright 

Throw up your arms into the sky

So basically:

Kiss me a last goodbye tonight

Everyone is brainwashed under the mainstream circus lights

I'm not a part of that elitist sect, I'm just myself and that's okay

So throw your hands up to the sky, we're drowning together in hell today

I think that'd make a somewhat sensical verse:toocool:

2 hours ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

8 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

So basically:

God if you actually think that would make a good verse for revrad then that just shows you how mediocre and nonsensical the lyrics are on it. It's just rebellious gibberish.

6 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

So basically:

How could it possibly be a sensible verse? You dissect or analyse every line individually and they make sense to you because they make sense in their original contexts or just as individual sentences but if you read them all together or try to associate them together it's impossible to derive a meaning.

Just now, Jake69 said:

God if you actually think that would make a good verse for revrad then that just shows you how mediocre and nonsensical the lyrics are on it. It's just rebellious gibberish.

I didn't say it'd be a good verse for revrad, just that it makes sense as a standalone paragraph

1 minute ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

I didn't say it'd be a good verse for revrad, just that it makes sense as a standalone paragraph

You know what I just realized?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, The Great Saiyaman said:

You know what I just realized?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks man! :hug:

3 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

It makes absolutely no sense. None whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

It makes absolutely no sense. None whatsoever.

Ladies and gentleturds, behold, we have finally reached the root of music. Personal. Preference. :happyhands:

Also, non-sequitur. I'll say that for RevRad.

9 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

But it's basically a condensed version of most of the lyrics on revrad 

3 minutes ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Ladies and gentleturds, behold, we have finally reached the root of music. Personal. Preference. :happyhands:

Also, non-sequitur. I'll say that for RevRad.

It's not about personal preference in music in this case. I was the one who threw together those fake lyrics. They make no sense.

6 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

But it's basically a condensed version of most of the lyrics on revrad 

True.

On another note, It's not like RevRad was following up a mastery of lyricism. Few examples.

'Oh baby bay it's fuck time'

'Sex drugs and violence, English math and science'

'It's a makeout party from another dimension'

'99 to 1 - 99 to 1 - 99 to 1 - 1 to 99'

'Won't you be my bloody valentine'

Oh and :

"Kill the fucking DJ, Kill the fucking DJ, Kill the fucking DJ, Shoot the fucking DJ, Shoot that fucker down'

Just now, Jesus of Seneca said:

True.

On another note, It's not like RevRad was following up a mastery of lyricism. Few examples.

'Oh baby bay it's fuck time'

'Sex drugs and violence, English math and science'

'It's a makeout party from another dimension'

'99 to 1 - 99 to 1 - 99 to 1 - 1 to 99'

'Won't you be my bloody valentine'

Oh and :

"Kill the fucking DJ, Kill the fucking DJ, Kill the fucking DJ, Shoot the fucking DJ, Shoot that fuckers down'

But that's not an excuse for the lyrics on revrad to be so bad.

2 minutes ago, Jake69 said:

But that's not an excuse for the lyrics on revrad to be so bad.

Personally I think that a lot of the lyrics in the trilogy - specifically ones mentioned - are more cringe-worthy than RevRad

At least he had the decent excuse of a meltdown and subsequent rehab before the trilogy was even released. He's actually claiming to have written these Revrad lyrics sober. Geez.

45 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

At least he had the decent excuse of a meltdown and subsequent rehab before the trilogy was even released. He's actually claiming to have written these Revrad lyrics sober. Geez.

I like/listen to DOS more than RevRad:ga:

4 hours ago, Jake69 said:

It's pretty sad that we are discussing which of the two latest albums are less cringeworthy 

It's only three people though lol. Rev Rad has some of my favourite Green Day lyrics on it. And I know some Green Day fans find any kind of silly, humourous or tongue in cheek lyrics cringeworthy and love to quote them out of context to "prove it" but not all of us do.

Archived