Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Where can I find a long poem about a palm of the hand by Billie Joe Armstrong?

Where can I find a video of Billie Joe Armstrong being handed a sandwich by a girl with long, straight hair in a black and white skirt outfit after opening a wooden door?

• Like 2

I was listening to Before The Lobotomy the other day and the "I'm not stoned I'm just fucked up" line caught my attention. Is there a difference in meaning of "stoned" and "fucked up"? Most dictionaries explain it as synonyms and most people use it synonymously, but the sentence would still make sense if there was a difference. So, is there one?

I was listening to Before The Lobotomy the other day and the "I'm not stoned I'm just fucked up" line caught my attention. Is there a difference in meaning of "stoned" and "fucked up"? Most dictionaries explain it as synonyms and most people use it synonymously, but the sentence would still make sense if there was a difference. So, is there one?

"Stoned" is used almost exclusively (as far as I know) to describe someone who's on weed, whereas "fucked up" is just a catch-all phrase for someone who's...well, fucked up.

• Like 3

Does anyone by chance know the name of the artist who created the Green Day gas mask piece shown behind the band when they played "The Static Age" on the 21st Century Breakdown tour in 2009? I've loved that piece of art since the first time I saw it when they played the United Center in Chicago that tour, and I wanted to see what else that artist created but I'm having trouble finding his/her name.

Does anyone by chance know the name of the artist who created the Green Day gas mask piece shown behind the band when they played "The Static Age" on the 21st Century Breakdown tour in 2009? I've loved that piece of art since the first time I saw it when they played the United Center in Chicago that tour, and I wanted to see what else that artist created but I'm having trouble finding his/her name.

Most likely Chris did

More of a question to English-speakers in general, what does "Emenius Sleepus"mean? I understand song lyrics but this title makes absolutely no sense to me, help!

More of a question to English-speakers in general, what does "Emenius Sleepus"mean? I understand song lyrics but this title makes absolutely no sense to me, help!

Nothing, really - it's just some English-looking words made to look vaguely Latin.

• Like 1

The latin word Eminus is defined as:

"of fighting, aloof, beyond sword reach, at a distance, from afar"

and I could just assume Sleepus means to sleep...so.

• Like 1

A while back I remember watching Green Day on youtube and I remember there being a shoe throw on the stage, Billie picking up and saying 'Who wears nike'? and then throwing it away. I'm fairly sure King For A Day was playing, does anyone know of the YouTube video. If so can you link it please, can't find it at the moment.

A while back I remember watching Green Day on youtube and I remember there being a shoe throw on the stage, Billie picking up and saying 'Who wears nike'? and then throwing it away. I'm fairly sure King For A Day was playing, does anyone know of the YouTube video. If so can you link it please, can't find it at the moment.

Actually, he gets hit in the nuts. It's pretty funny.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NaP1Y5ZatQ

• Like 2

The best thing about the one where he gets hit in the nuts is that he's randomly putting loads of tops on :lol:

For a while it was a tradition for people to throw random clothes on stage for Billie to wear :lol:. Another good example here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEdH3fo-LZ0

• Like 2

For a while it was a tradition for people to throw random clothes on stage for Billie to wear :lol:. Another good example here:

How have I never seen these :lol:

I had to pause the video at 5:40 because I was crying from laughter :lol: I haven't watched live videos since the breakdown tour

I have a question concerning the Idiot Club membership renewal. Right now it says that my account is still valid until 2015 January 20th, but if I renew the membership now, will it be prolonged till 2015 December, or will it add a full year, continuing it up till 01/20/2016?