Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

I used to do that and it was only 10 years ago. Kids these days will never know what life was like without iTunes. It angers me.

You're 23, not 83.

happy to say I've never downloaded any cd or song on iTunes. Only way I'm getting that is by supporting my local record store

I don't have a local record store, so iTunes and Amazon are my friends.

• Like 1

I remember seeing an Interview with "Amanda" in something. I cant remember if it was Behind The Music, Ultimate Albums, Pogo Paradise to what. Any one know? I think if Im right she mention just needed to get away after they came such a big band.

I remember seeing an Interview with "Amanda" in something. I cant remember if it was Behind The Music, Ultimate Albums, Pogo Paradise to what. Any one know? I think if Im right she mention just needed to get away after they came such a big band.

They had a great interview with Arica Pelino in Nobody Likes You

Does anyone know how the 'Drunk bunny' mascot first came about? Was it during the 21st Century Breakdown tour (as the mascot was featured on the Awesome As Fuck artwork record)? Or was it before then? Also, how did it come about?

Does anyone know how the 'Drunk bunny' mascot first came about? Was it during the 21st Century Breakdown tour (as the mascot was featured on the Awesome As Fuck artwork record)? Or was it before then? Also, how did it come about?

I'm not sure as to what exact show it started at but I believe it started during the Warning tour.

By the way, since I seen the quote on the back of a 'Kill the DJ' Green Day shirt, is there any particular specific meaning to the quoted line 'Take Pills and fuck the noise away'?

I.e. this quote

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mayp6lHZDt1rz71s1o1_500.jpg

Would it have had anything to do with Billie Joe's addictions pre-meltdown?

At least as early as Wembley 2000.

I wonder if the bunny is ever sober or if it's been in a state of constant inebriation since its birth. :mellow:

"ONE CARROT?! I'LL SHOW YOU WHAT ONE FUCKING CARROT LOOKS LIKE!"
  • Like 4

anyone know what this is?

tumblr_ndllelgGVH1snpabfo1_500.jpg

I saw that on Hannah's dash the other day and got really mad because a photo of some dumb bint holding a book had over 2000 notes.

I saw that on Hannah's dash the other day and got really mad because a photo of some dumb bint holding a book had over 2000 notes.

yeah it's a big pet peeve of mine as well. just curious what the book is cos i've never seen it before.

anyone know what this is?

tumblr_ndllelgGVH1snpabfo1_500.jpg

Looks like some kind of book to me.

It's this and is in Italian. It's called Uno Dos Tre: The Annotated Texts.

At the end of the eighties, at 924 Gilman Street, Berkeley, California, a group of boys conquered a space in which to organize meetings and musical events. In a few years from Gilman arose a voice: the punk is risen, and chose America to manifest. Among the many groups that formed in that one for all would have the burden of carrying the message to the attention of the world: Green Day. Their blend of punk and pop expressing the voice of a generation of teenagers fed movies and television of the Reagan era, and that he no longer had any confidence in that system based unconditional optimism of the American dream. Antiheroes, people on the margins, broke out, these are the characters that Billie Joe Armstrong sings the epic, and that condense in the rock opera Jesus Of Suburbia Green Day in 2004 railed against the Bush administration as a laugh at clenched teeth with tears in his eyes: American Idiot. From here the Green Day is establishing themselves as one of the few last decade to have won a worldwide success. And now I'm ready to start the story from page one, indeed !, Uno Dos Tre !, !: "In the first disc is as if you preparassi to go to a party, you are the second party, and the third is ... as when the morning after you put in place home. " Teens profession? Perhaps. Or perhaps, simply, singers generational against their will, almost by natural law.

Sounds like a great read. :mellow:

• Like 1

Is there anything pending in the download section - trilogy era - I was hoping to get the 1st show of the 3 (fox theatre) - I couldn't see any of those concerts.

Hi, do someone know who is this girl from "When I Come Around" video?

WuN8JyP.jpgR8ttPN9.jpg

"Yeah, it was with my girlfriend at the time. How it came about? Billie Joe called one day and asked, "You want to do me a favor? Will you make out with Carie Jeanne in our next video? She already said she would do it if you would..." How could I say no?”

According to @greendayfan_ on the instagram, this quote comes from interview with Jason for Green Day Obssesion site, which already doesn't exist.

Is there anything pending in the download section - trilogy era - I was hoping to get the 1st show of the 3 (fox theatre) - I couldn't see any of those concerts.

There aren't any complete sources of the 4 warmup shows, but I did make some compilations downloads from youtube videos

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/92904-20130310-fox-theater-pomona-california/?hl=%2B2013#entry5190868

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/92905-20130313-tricky-falls-el-paso-texas/?hl=%2B2013#entry5213710

• Like 1

Have Green Day ever said anything about Fratellis, White Stripes or Jack White? I want to know.

Have Green Day ever said anything about Fratellis, White Stripes or Jack White? I want to know.

Jack White ranted about how they "stole" the White Stripes' colour scheme but I don't know if Green Day ever responded.

Jack White ranted about how they "stole" the White Stripes' colour scheme but I don't know if Green Day ever responded.

That's funny. Jack White is mad in positive way, but now that's dumb.

I'm kind of surprised, John Lydon said that "Arctic Monkeys are a mockery, just like Green Day".

I don't like Sex Pistols, but that's another story.

• Like 1

What Jack White says about the color scheme would not hold up in court. As far as I am concerned, the White Stripes "stole" their color scheme from newspapers... and newspapers took them from somewhere else.