Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

You really think it's the third best? Wow. My top three are definitely The White Album, Abbey Road, Rubber Soul.

It is the third best. My top three are probably Revolver, The White Double, and MMT. The fourth one is either A Hard Days Night or Sgt. Pepper. I dunno. :P

Another thing that's hideous is the aus version has the black tray, while the current US version has the clear tray. So they don't look nice on a shelf together

That's just reminded me that when I bought International Superhits it had a black tray instead of a clear one for some reason. And one day I noticed that there was a pattern on the paper underneath where the CD was, I could see it through the little hole in the middle of the sticking up bit of plastic that holds the CD in place. And I took it apart and found this photo hiding underneath :lol:. That was great.

• Like 2

That's just reminded me that when I bought International Superhits it had a black tray instead of a clear one for some reason. And one day I noticed that there was a pattern on the paper underneath where the CD was, I could see it through the little hole in the middle of the sticking up bit of plastic that holds the CD in place. And I took it apart and found this photo hiding underneath :lol:. That was great.

That's brilliant. Remind me to dismantle my copy at some point.

That's brilliant. Remind me to dismantle my copy at some point.

I think the plastic under the CD is usually clear so you can just see it when you take the CD out. I don't know how mine ended up with black plastic covering it up!

Also I just had a look at it, the pattern I could see was the fabric of Billie's dress lol

• Like 1

The aus version?

Yes I bought a copy of the 22 trk AUS version from a store called wave planet (or something like that great store sold US and imports but lasted a year or so before being shut down) back in 98/99 for 30 something bucks and it came with a clear case

Mine has a clear Tray, and I have never seen one with a black tray).

Maybe the previous owner of yours changed it (maybe it was damaged)

I have never seen a black tray either, except on pirate copies (one of which I had from October '97 until August '98).

Ha! I remember my first reaction to that. :D

Hi, do someone know who is this girl from "When I Come Around" video?

WuN8JyP.jpgR8ttPN9.jpg

Welcome to GDC - this kind of question can go in the Green Day Q&A thread :)

The girl in the video was Jason's girlfriend at the time. No idea what her name is though.

Welcome to GDC - this kind of question can go in the Green Day Q&A thread :)

The girl in the video was Jason's girlfriend at the time. No idea what her name is though.

Thanks, but how do you know that she was Jason girlfriend? Did he mention that in any interview?

Thanks, but how do you know that she was Jason girlfriend? Did he mention that in any interview?

I'm not sure where the info comes from but it seems to be reasonably common knowledge.

Yes I bought a copy of the 22 trk AUS version from a store called wave planet (or something like that great store sold US and imports but lasted a year or so before being shut down) back in 98/99 for 30 something bucks and it came with a clear case

Jeez, that's expensive.

Jeez, that's expensive.

Funny my dad said the same

Had I known that 5 or so years later they'd release the extra tracks on a compilation album I maycnot have bought it

• Like 1

Funny my dad said the same

Had I known that 5 or so years later they'd release the extra tracks on a compilation album I maycnot have bought it

Music is cheaper now though - I wish all the stuff I purchased years ago I got for today's prices. :)

Music is cheaper now though - I wish all the stuff I purchased years ago I got for today's prices. :)

Also imports costs a lot as well

Discog wasn't around back then

Back in the day - god I'm old - but seriously I would work my job after school just to buy a record.

• Like 2

Back in the day - god I'm old - but seriously I would work my job after school just to buy a record.

I used to do that and it was only 10 years ago. Kids these days will never know what life was like without iTunes. It angers me.

• Like 3

I used to do that and it was only 10 years ago. Kids these days will never know what life was like without iTunes. It angers me.

happy to say I've never downloaded any cd or song on iTunes. Only way I'm getting that is by supporting my local record store
  • Like 1

happy to say I've never downloaded any cd or song on iTunes. Only way I'm getting that is by supporting my local record store

So that's why your favourite band is the Living End :ga:

So that's why your favourite band is the Living End :ga:

green day ;)

Speaking of which have you listened to them yet?