Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Some sources say 95, others say 96. Not sure which one

Pretty sure it was '96, as the German mag I used to buy reported on it early in 1997.

Can anyone post the best quality videos of their 4 songs from acoustic4acure? I cant find the 99 revs one anymore and AI is kinda crappy quality. Thank you!

And also I found an acoustic version of Don't wanna fall in love (for some reason I cant post the link) but does anyone know where its from. I'm thinking the dookie demos but I'm not really sure

AND can someone explain the three different versions of the Dookie demos? And why his voice is so different in all of them

Can anyone post the best quality videos of their 4 songs from acoustic4acure? I cant find the 99 revs one anymore and AI is kinda crappy quality. Thank you!

And also I found an acoustic version of Don't wanna fall in love (for some reason I cant post the link) but does anyone know where its from. I'm thinking the dookie demos but I'm not really sure

AND can someone explain the three different versions of the Dookie demos? And why his voice is so different in all of them

The first tape is standard tuning. The second one is half a step down, and has the Metal Song instrumental, and the third one is half a step down, better quality, and has Don't Wanna Fall in Love, Sassafras Roots, Pulling Teeth, She, Walking the Dog, and the outro instrumental, which aren't on the others.

I think at the acoustic bridge school gig? I'm not sure though

Thanks! I went to play along to When I Come Around today, and realized that it was tuned down. I tried tuning my guitar half a step down, but it still wasn't right. I probably messed up, cause I believe half a step down is the correct tuning. So I just played along to the demo instead

Thanks! I went to play along to When I Come Around today, and realized that it was tuned down. I tried tuning my guitar half a step down, but it still wasn't right. I probably messed up, cause I believe half a step down is the correct tuning. So I just played along to the demo instead

Couldn't you just move the chords back a fret? That's what I do with all of them that are in Eb.

Couldn't you just move the chords back a fret? That's what I do with all of them that are in Eb.

it's hard to do the solo that way, since it uses an open G string. Using the 4th fret on the D string is almost impossible in that solo.
  • Like 1

it's hard to do the solo that way, since it uses an open G string. Using the 4th fret on the D string is almost impossible in that solo.

Not really :P But yeah. Am I right in thinking there's a demo in standard tuning? You could also just shift Dookie up half a step in Audacity, that's what I did.

Not really :P But yeah. Am I right in thinking there's a demo in standard tuning? You could also just shift Dookie up half a step in Audacity, that's what I did.

Hey! That's a good idea. I'll see if I can figure that out

When would it be likely if there was new GD material being released in 2015 that they'd confirm it? Is there any patterns based on previous releases?

Hello :) i need your help.

I'm looking for Kerrang with the Green Day tribute magazine (n.1533), here in Italy there isn't :( have someone an extra one that can send me please?

Oh, I had no idea what the solo is like. Try Tom's thing, then. :P

He's so adorable!! How old is he here? :ermm:

Hey, please use the Green Day Q&A thread for questions like this in future. I've moved it for now :)

Does anyone know how Stuck With Me was originally supposed to be named?

I think it was meant to be called Alright, or maybe Just Alright.
  • Like 1

Does anyone know how Stuck With Me was originally supposed to be named?

The working title for it was "Alright", but it was by no means the final title

• Like 1

He's so adorable!! How old is he here? :ermm:

He's 14. It's quite hard to hear but the guy introducing him at the beginning says he's been singing with them since he was 5 1/2 and then asks if he's 12 now, and Billie corrects him by saying he's almost 15. So the embarrassment starts before he even starts singing :lol: