Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Have any if you guys noticed that in the late 90s/2000, that Billie Joe used to wear a dog tag necklace? For example, I know he has it on in the "Walking Contradiction" music video and some live performances from that time. But he doesn't wear it anymore??Too bad cause I thought it was really cute on him?

Never noticed a dog tag he did use to wear a guitar pick around his neck

• Like 1

Never noticed a dog tag he did use to wear a guitar pick around his neck

Thats what I meant

I found a song on a collection of unreleased stuff/live recordings (includes Food Around The Corner, Minnesota girl not done live, Why Does It Always Rain On Me and some Christmas songs), and there's one song I don't recognise at all. Here's a download link - does anyone know what it is?

I found a song on a collection of unreleased stuff/live recordings (includes Food Around The Corner, Minnesota girl not done live, Why Does It Always Rain On Me and some Christmas songs), and there's one song I don't recognise at all. Here's a download link - does anyone know what it is?

Pretty sure that's What About Today. It's a song from back before AI when they used to do stuff on answering machines. I could be wrong though, so wait for Todd to get online :P

Pretty sure that's What About Today. It's a song from back before AI when they used to do stuff on answering machines. I could be wrong though, so wait for Todd to get online :P

Yeah, you're right ;)

• Like 1

I still can't manage to figure one word out of it

Anyway, it'd be a pretty cool song if recorded in studio.

What Green Day song makes the least amount of sense?

Troublemaker, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Wow! That's Loud or Strangeland imo

Edited by mrduckygoosy

Troublemaker, Wow! That's Loud or Strangeland imo

I love the instrumentation in Wow! That's Loud so much, but I haver no idea wtf he's talking about lol

• Like 2

I love the instrumentation in Wow! That's Loud so much, but I haver no idea wtf he's talking about lol

It's about fancying a sexy woman who likes to party to excess like him, pretty simple really haha

What Green Day song makes the least amount of sense?

Baby Eyes. I read the meaning on GDA, but it still doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Baby Eyes. I read the meaning on GDA, but it still doesn't make sense.

I think it's just about being a badass. A bit like St Jimmy. Fantasizing about being this cool character.

• Like 2

I think it's just about being a badass. A bit like St Jimmy. Fantasizing about being this cool character.

OK, that makes more sense. And comparing it to St Jimmy immediately warms me to the song, so that helps.

Troublemaker, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, Wow! That's Loud or Strangeland imo

Strangeland makes plenty if sense to me. The opening is the narrator analyzing the world around them, and how it captivates them. Now that they are grown up, they are seeing the world for the first time, and it's so much different than it was when they were a kid. Hence the name "Strangeland"
  • Like 3

How rare are the Kill the DJ cd singles? I have one and I am pretty curious (It's the one from the UK).

Of course! They're wonderfully colourful and psychedelic like the music

I admit I hardly ever listen to the lyrics. I read them, and mostly I don´t understand them anyway, may it be due to the language and/or due to the statements or writing style in the songs. And mostly I´m too lazy to think about them and find out what the artist is trying to say. Strange enough that I like Green Day, ´cause there is hardly anything that resonates with my life or my experiences. I like a band I don´t understand... :)

I admit I hardly ever listen to the lyrics. I read them, and mostly I don´t understand them anyway, may it be due to the language and/or due to the statements or writing style in the songs. And mostly I´m too lazy to think about them and find out what the artist is trying to say. Strange enough that I like Green Day, ´cause there is hardly anything that resonates with my life or my experiences. I like a band I don´t understand... :)

I'm totally the opposite, the lyrics are always the most important thing for me and are what attracted me to Green Day. Shows how many different things about their music there are to love!

• Like 4

I'm totally the opposite, the lyrics are always the most important thing for me and are what attracted me to Green Day. Shows how many different things about their music there are to love!

That´s true. The first thing that attracted me was melodies, rhythm, instrumentation, and, of course, the voice. Lyrics come second. I mean, I like the (sometimes weird) lyrics, but I don´t give them much attention, because they don´t mean much to me. But this is what I do with almost every music I hear. Rhythm is first, that´s what I understand in any language. :dance:

Which long song do you prefer:"Homecoming" or"Jesus of Suburbia"?

I have to say Homecoming, although it would be better without Mike and Tre's parts.

Which long song do you prefer:"Homecoming" or"Jesus of Suburbia"?

I have to say Homecoming, although it would be better without Mike and Tre's parts.

Just a heads up that this thread is primarily for fact-based questions. We have Random Green Day Thoughts and Unpopular Green Day Opinions that are more geared towards general opinions and discussion. :)

• Like 2