Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Meaning Tre played both sessions?

Yes, but most songs from the first session were written before Tre joined. I don't remember which songs were from which sessions, but I know Welcome to Paradise was the last song written and recorded for Kerplunk

Yes, but most songs from the first session were written before Tre joined. I don't remember which songs were from which sessions, but I know Welcome to Paradise was the last song written and recorded for Kerplunk

So like Nevermind is pretty much Chad Kerplunk is pretty much Johns?

So like Nevermind is pretty much Chad Kerplunk is pretty much Johns?

Not really. Only a few songs from Kerplunk, like 2000 LYA, Holden Caulfield, Christie Road maybe, only 3 or 4 songs tops. Like I said, I don't remember exactly. I'll look for the session list. And then the Sweet Children EP too, at the end. So if you include those, there's a good mix in there.

Any proof that the song Butch Vig always talks about "Wonderful" ever existed? Vig seems to have a weird habit of making up songs of bands he produces (Song In D for Nirvana which Krist and Dave during a q&a with Vig when he mentioned it had no clue about that song he also mentioned a song Smashing Pumpkins did during the Siamese Dreams session which Billy has said no such song exists...) has Billy or rest of the band ever mentioned this song?

Any proof that the song Butch Vig always talks about "Wonderful" ever existed? Vig seems to have a weird habit of making up songs of bands he produces (Song In D for Nirvana which Krist and Dave during a q&a with Vig when he mentioned it had no clue about that song he also mentioned a song Smashing Pumpkins did during the Siamese Dreams session which Billy has said no such song exists...) has Billy or rest of the band ever mentioned this song?

As far as I know there's only that one article where Vig mentioned it, can't be sure but I can't remember any others. He did describe what it sounded like and what it was about etc so it did sound legit. Could it maybe be that a band could forget about a song that they discarded or just not recognize the name/description of it?

As far as I know there's only that one article where Vig mentioned it, can't be sure but I can't remember any others. He did describe what it sounded like and what it was about etc so it did sound legit. Could it maybe be that a band could forget about a song that they discarded or just not recognize the name/description of it?

I've seen Vig mention Wonderful at least a couple times I believe (could be wrong)

The Nirvana one maybe it's possible but studio logs show zero proof of Song In D ever being recorded for Nevermind (or for any other session) no tapes the engineer is also clueless

The Pumpkin one not at all possible Billy knows every song he has ever written or recorded and has copies of everything he is a self admitted "hardcore collector of my work" I forget the title of what Vig used he claimed the song is finished and was "powerful" but when asked Billy said no song he did was ever called it and if a song was finished he would have included it in the Siamese Dreams re issue Billy obsession with himself is extreme he keeps copies of every single mix everything says if it recorded he has it catalogued and stored a guitar world or a mag like that last year did a int with Billy at his house says he has a whole room filled with tapes and reels and DATS labeled and in order so I don't buy Billy forgot a song escp a so called finished song

I don't wanna doubt Vig but he has a little history of talking about songs that doesn't seem to exist anywhere

The way he describes it I hope there is and we hear it one day

I've seen Vig mention Wonderful at least a couple times I believe (could be wrong)

The Nirvana one maybe it's possible but studio logs show zero proof of Song In D ever being recorded for Nevermind (or for any other session) no tapes the engineer is also clueless

The Pumpkin one not at all possible Billy knows every song he has ever written or recorded and has copies of everything he is a self admitted "hardcore collector of my work" I forget the title of what Vig used he claimed the song is finished and was "powerful" but when asked Billy said no song he did was ever called it and if a song was finished he would have included it in the Siamese Dreams re issue Billy obsession with himself is extreme he keeps copies of every single mix everything says if it recorded he has it catalogued and stored a guitar world or a mag like that last year did a int with Billy at his house says he has a whole room filled with tapes and reels and DATS labeled and in order so I don't buy Billy forgot a song escp a so called finished song

I don't wanna doubt Vig but he has a little history of talking about songs that doesn't seem to exist anywhere

The way he describes it I hope there is and we hear it one day

Hmm that does seem a bit weird. One to ask about in any future Q&A things with the band (if no one can remember them talking about it already)! I hope that's the case as well.

Have you guys ever noticed how billie joe never seems to age? He looks younger than mike and tre to but they are all the same age.(but tre looks the oldest)

Have you guys ever noticed how billie joe never seems to age? He looks younger than mike and tre to but they are all the same age.(but tre looks the oldest)

Nope, he's aged. His voice has changed, his attitude has changed, his hair color has changed. They've all aged well, but I disagree whenever people say he hasn't aged.
  • Like 1

I've always thought Mike looked like a regenerated tortoise.

Lol now that you say that i totally can see that

Edited by loveblondiebilliejoe

I guess billie joe has aged. His voice used to be deeper when he sings(dookie era) and he has gotten even better every year. You guys can tell that i like billie with his hair blonde(hence my screen name). But no matter how billie joe changes his style, no matter how many troubled times he goes through(hes been through a lot), or even his hair, i will always be a fan and love him.....(hes really hot)??

He kind of started aging since 2009. Since that TIME interview.

• Like 2

He's been ageing since he was born :P. People don't really mean he doesn't age when they say that, just that he looks very good for and younger than his age.

hey guys,a lot of people are telling me that Billie said he likes 5sos/ likes their American Idiot cover. is this true?? when/where he said that(if he did)??

hey guys,a lot of people are telling me that Billie said he likes 5sos/ likes their American Idiot cover. is this true?? when/where he said that(if he did)??

It's bullshit. It comes from a fake Tumblr gifset with edited captions. No one from Green Day has ever mentioned 5SOS in public.

It's bullshit. It comes from a fake Tumblr gifset with edited captions. No one from Green Day has ever mentioned 5SOS in public.

oook thanks

Ehm... where does day-glo hurt when you wear it...? :blush: Whenever I listen to "Wow!Thats loud" I get confused by the lines "wearing day-glo where you know it hurts"... it never made sense to me... anyone an idea what it means?

I tried to download The Dookie Demos from GDA, but Mega says it's not available - is there any difference between that and "Dookie Demos, Re-Recordings and Unreleased Songs"?

Ehm... where does day-glo hurt when you wear it...? :blush: Whenever I listen to "Wow!Thats loud" I get confused by the lines "wearing day-glo where you know it hurts"... it never made sense to me... anyone an idea what it means?

I think it's referring to the "day-glo" colour she's wearing being so bright it hurts his eyes. She's dressed to attract him and the effect is so dazzling and successful it almost hurts. Basically she knows the way she's dressed will make him lust after her.