Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Can somebody show me some videos where Billie says "I win" after the end of F.O.D.?? The only one I know is from Woodstock.

When was the first time what Green Day played the song Shout?

According to setlist fm they first played it in Santa Barbara on 20th July 2001. And then they played it throughout 2002 and at nearly all shows onwards from there. They didn't play it at any other shows before or after that one in 2001 though so I guess they kind of tried it out there and then decided to add it to the setlist the next year. You can scroll down to Shout, click on it and see a list of all the times they've played it:

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/green-day-13d68939.html

Can anyone remember all the photos and posts from Billie Joe when they were touring South America a few years ago? I'm really perplexed because I can clearly remember Billie saying hew was wearing his lucky stripey socks and that Lima (I think) was their best show ever, and there were loads of pics, but this was way before he ever opened his Twitter or Instagram accounts so I was wondering how he posted them. My brain is foggy.

Can anyone remember all the photos and posts from Billie Joe when they were touring South America a few years ago? I'm really perplexed because I can clearly remember Billie saying hew was wearing his lucky stripey socks and that Lima (I think) was their best show ever, and there were loads of pics, but this was way before he ever opened his Twitter or Instagram accounts so I was wondering how he posted them. My brain is foggy.

Could it have been on the official Green Day twitter account? I know he used that for a tiny bit.

• Like 1

He had been posting stuff on Green Day's official Twitter account before he got his own, so you'll probably find those posts there.

Sorry, too late.

Edited by laurie_black
  • Like 1

Don´t know where to post this, I do it here:

1. Not concerning GD, but FBHT

Just playing with ideas... visa for the States... an announcement... a flight-ticket... a show-ticket... possible?

2. How early are usually FBHTshows announced? Hours? Days? Are they always spontaneously? Need at least three to four days to organize...

3. Where to get show-tickets? Or are the shows rather first come first serve? Would be awful to fly from Germany to Oakland just to find out they are sold out.

Chance is small, I know, but I try to think how I could make my wish come true: seeing FBHT live. ;)

It varies. Sometimes they're announced a couple days before, sometimes they're announced just a few hours before.

Again this varies. At most of the shows it was first come first serve. If you got in line early enough you'd get in. But at a couple shows they sold tickets in advance so that there wouldn't be these huge lines outside of small venues.

It varies. Sometimes they're announced a couple days before, sometimes they're announced just a few hours before.

Again this varies. At most of the shows it was first come first serve. If you got in line early enough you'd get in. But at a couple shows they sold tickets in advance so that there wouldn't be these huge lines outside of small venues.

They have announced them a few days or a week in advance before as well.

And I think they prefer to sell tickets in advance online now? I think maybe since Foxboro's US tour and the London show (the first shows they played, which were first come first served) they've sold the tickets in advance, except for the totally last minute shows? I'm not sure, maybe I'm thinking more of secret Green Day shows. But I feel like they'd be more likely to sell tickets in advance for shows that are announced in advance now.

They have announced them a few days or a week in advance before as well.

And I think they prefer to sell tickets in advance online now? I think maybe since Foxboro's US tour and the London show (the first shows they played, which were first come first served) they've sold the tickets in advance, except for the totally last minute shows? I'm not sure, maybe I'm thinking more of secret Green Day shows. But I feel like they'd be more likely to sell tickets in advance for shows that are announced in advance now.

I don't remember any Foxboro shows being sold in advance. I may be wrong, but I think the majority of them were first come first serve. Except maybe the SXSW shows, but tickets weren't even available for that, they were sold through the SXSW festival. The show before that (last October) wasn't even properly announced. A few hints from some family friends a few hours before it started. I know a couple of the small club shows they played as Green Day were sold online in advance. It's possible a couple FBHT shows were as well, I just don't remember.

I don't remember any Foxboro shows being sold in advance. I may be wrong, but I think the majority of them were first come first serve. Except maybe the SXSW shows, but tickets weren't even available for that, they were sold through the SXSW festival. The show before that (last October) wasn't even properly announced. A few hints from some family friends a few hours before it started. I know a couple of the small club shows they played as Green Day were sold online in advance. It's possible a couple FBHT shows were as well, I just don't remember.

Yeah, I probably am thinking of secret Green Day shows. Actually apart from the US tour, London show, the private American Idiot cast show, super last minute one last October, and the SXSW festival, I think the only other shows they've played were the two New York ones in 2010. I know they were at least announced in advance, can't remember if the tickets were sold in advance though. But I suppose with them being quite used to selling tickets to secret Green Day shows in advance in recent years it's always possible that they would for a Foxboro one.

Yeah, I probably am thinking of secret Green Day shows. Actually apart from the US tour, London show, the private American Idiot cast show, super last minute one last October, and the SXSW festival, I think the only other shows they've played were the two New York ones in 2010. I know they were at least announced in advance, can't remember if the tickets were sold in advance though. But I suppose with them being quite used to selling tickets to secret Green Day shows in advance in recent years it's always possible that they would for a Foxboro one.

The NY ones were first come first serve. But I agree. If they were to announce one in advance now it's entirely possible they'd sell them in advance to avoid the huge lines where lots of people couldn't even get in.

Ah, thank you so much for the answers. So best would be to stay in contact with this forum (for sure!) to find out about dates. And then there is just hope for the right time to react and travel. And money, of course. Gotta save some money... And visa, have to find out about it. If tickets are sold in advance it should be possible to buy them even from Germany... hm... well, let´s see. Depends on so many things... Told you, seems like a ridiculous idea, but who knows... would imagine I could be nuts enough to make it come true... I mean, show for one hour... and probably 24 hours flight... and a bunch of Dollars... hm... still... I´ll sleep on it...

• Like 1

Yeah that's basically it! I know a few people who've managed to travel a long way to see them, so it can be done if all those factors are right for it. There's also always the small possibility that they'll happen to play a Foxboro show closer to you while on tour as Green Day, they did it once here so you never know.

Yes, this can be the other possibility, a FBHT show when they tour here as Green Day. First thing I found out, I don´t need a visa, only an online registration. Saves a lot time. So everything will come the way it comes. Thank you for the information!

I apologise if this is a stupid sounding question but yeah. Are there any differences between how Tre and John play drums? Like I know Tre has a love for cymbals and whatnot :P and John plays open handed rather than the usual way. When Tre plays 1039 songs does he tend to play in the same way as John did or change it up completely?

Again sorry if this sounds stupid :lol:

• Like 1

I apologise if this is a stupid sounding question but yeah. Are there any differences between how Tre and John play drums? Like I know Tre has a love for cymbals and whatnot :P and John plays open handed rather than the usual way. When Tre plays 1039 songs does he tend to play in the same way as John did or change it up completely?

Tre isn't sloppy

Tre tends to throw a lot more fills in, as you say he uses cymbals a lot, and his timing is infinitely better.

I think there were a few differences with Holden Caulfield

That song is on Kerplunk

Or did they perform it before Tre was in the band?

That song is on Kerplunk

Or did they perform it before Tre was in the band?

Yes, they performed it with John

There were two recording periods for Kerplunk, one only about 6 months after tre joined and then one a year after Tre joined.

Yes, they performed it with John

There were two recording periods for Kerplunk, one only about 6 months after tre joined and then one a year after Tre joined.

Meaning Tre played both sessions?
  • Like 2