Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

No, they've never made any comments about it. Some foolish person on tumblr decided to add some fake captions to some random screencaps of Billie being interviewed, of him saying how great 5sos are. Really bad ones that don't even sound like him. Maybe that's where that false info has come from. Or they might just be talking shit.

I'm gonna go back to that video and set those fuckers straight :lol:
  • Like 1

Going through the hard drive of an old computer, there's an MP3 in a Green Day folder in which Hartley Hare is depressed. What the fuck is up with that?

Hartley Hare? Are you kidding me?

• Like 1

In all the live recordings of 21 Guns I've heard Billie sings the chorus instead of the last verse ("When it's time to live an let die"). Why in your opinion? Has he always sung it this way?

I don't think it's a great choice though, he sings the chorus four times at the end, still amazing, but kinda repetitive. Too bad they don't play it anymore :(

In all the live recordings of 21 Guns I've heard Billie sings the chorus instead of the last verse ("When it's time to live an let die"). Why in your opinion? Has he always sung it this way?

I don't think it's a great choice though, he sings the chorus four times at the end, still amazing, but kinda repetitive. Too bad they don't play it anymore :(

I think it's just so there can be a longer singalong with the crowd. Instead of having the last verse first they can get it started right from after the guitar solo and really build it up.

I think it's just so there can be a longer singalong with the crowd. Instead of having the last verse first they can get it started right from after the guitar solo and really build it up.

I guess they could play the verse and then the chorus four time if they wanted :D Would it sound so different in your opinion?

Hartley Hare? Are you kidding me?

Nope, it's really there. I'll upload it at some point.

I don't understand. What is it?

An MP3 of Hartley Hare saying "nobody loves me, and nobody cares" (along with some other sad shit).

• Like 1

An MP3 of Hartley Hare saying "nobody loves me, and nobody cares" (along with some other sad shit).

So how is that Green Day related?
  • Like 2

So how is that Green Day related?

I don't know, but it's in the Green Day folder of the hard drive, so I was wondering if anyone knew why. Granted, it could've been put there by accident, but I wanted to be sure.

Hi,

I know that no one will really know this but:

is there any chance that green day will release a record next year?

steve46 ;)

Hi,

I know that no one will really know this but:

is there any chance that green day will release a record next year?

steve46 ;)

No one knows for sure. It doesn't seem like they're working on anything right now, but that doesn't mean they won't work on anything next year. I think they're just taking a break and it's totally possible they aren't even sure when they'll put something else out yet.

Holy shit, I never realized that before. Shows how much I listen to it.

I don't even know how the song is supposed to go. :lol:

steve46 ;)

Certified Nimrod ;)

No one knows for sure. It doesn't seem like they're working on anything right now, but that doesn't mean they won't work on anything next year. I think they're just taking a break and it's totally possible they aren't even sure when they'll put something else out yet.

I think that they have put Green Day on hold until they know Britt will survive and can travel with them. I don't think Mike wants to leave her side through this.

I guess they could play the verse and then the chorus four time if they wanted :D Would it sound so different in your opinion?

I'm with you, I'd like it if they played the last verse. But I guess maybe they thought doing both would make it too long, and would rather have the longer singalong than the last verse, so I can understand why they might not. There's also quite a high and possibly difficult to sing bit in it ("something inside this heart has died") which could have something to do with it :lol:

• Like 1

I'm with you, I'd like it if they played the last verse. But I guess maybe they thought doing both would make it too long, and would rather have the longer singalong than the last verse, so I can understand why they might not. There's also quite a high and possibly difficult to sing bit in it ("something inside this heart has died") which could have something to do with it :lol:

That line is the best part of the song though.

• Like 1

That line is the best part of the song though.

Yeah I like it. And I'd enjoy hearing it in Billie's not perfect live falsetto as well. And I like the quiet part before that verse and the pause after it. I hadn't actually noticed that they skipped it live until this discussion but it could be the reason I'm not a huge fan of 21 Guns live (certainly not compared to BOBD anyway).

Yeah I like it. And I'd enjoy hearing it in Billie's not perfect live falsetto as well. And I like the quiet part before that verse and the pause after it. I hadn't actually noticed that they skipped it live until this discussion but it could be the reason I'm not a huge fan of 21 Guns live (certainly not compared to BOBD anyway).

Yeah, its a difficult bit to sing, but the way it goes up and then down is very climatic and sends shivers down my spine. And I'd love them to do it live no matter how imperfectly.

• Like 1

does anyone know the official col of Green onthe cover of 1,000 Hours when you google it there is many shades...i plan to paint it (Because it simpleand pretty Cool) but dont know what shade of green to get i have one shade but it may be to dark or will it not really matter

does anyone know the official col of Green onthe cover of 1,000 Hours when you google it there is many shades...i plan to paint it (Because it simpleand pretty Cool) but dont know what shade of green to get i have one shade but it may be to dark or will it not really matter

Well, there's different shades depending on aging of the sleeve, and whether it was an early paper sleeve or later card sleeves. And it was also pressed on pink and white paper. I'll PM you later tonight with my choice of color cause I'm on mobile right now