Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Just listened to Homecoming album & acapella myself, pretty sure the full lyric at the beginning is 'No, fucking just go' and the swearing was edited for Rock Band. Never really focused on it before but I always heard it as 'I'm fucking pissed off' before. Think the last part is just kind of 'argh, I smashed my phone' again rather than the chronological fuckup that 'before' implies :P

On the acapella JOS it also sounds as though there might have been a naughty word edited out on the first line, 'said it's fucked' or something perhaps, but it's not distinct enough on the album version to tell.

• Like 2

Just listened to Homecoming album & acapella myself, pretty sure the full lyric at the beginning is 'No, fucking just go' and the swearing was edited for Rock Band. Never really focused on it before but I always heard it as 'I'm fucking pissed off' before. Think the last part is just kind of 'argh, I smashed my phone' again rather than the chronological fuckup that 'before' implies :P

On the acapella JOS it also sounds as though there might have been a naughty word edited out on the first line, 'said it's fucked' or something perhaps, but it's not distinct enough on the album version to tell.

Ah that's a good point about the Rock Band censorship, it is definitely "fucking just go" in Homecoming. Well spotted!

• Like 1

No, just go

I don't care

I know, I know

No, I smashed my phone

Just go

I don't care

I know, I know

Before I smash my phone

Said now it's

It's another lie

And I don't care

Does that mean anything really?

• Like 1

Does that mean anything really?

It's Tre, so probably not lol.

• Like 1

I'd love to see that! I only knew about the 95 interview

You know what I think it was actually in the audience Q&A session after the 2005 Times Talk interview with Billie, which there was only ever an audio download of. And I can't find it now, the link in the downloads section is gone :(

You know what I think it was actually in the audience Q&A session after the 2005 Times Talk interview with Billie, which there was only ever an audio download of. And I can't find it now, the link in the downloads section is gone :(

And that was the best part, because our old news editor Matt (different Matt from current editor Matt) took some GDA stickers and asked if he could give one to Billie Joe, and he did, and then we got a photo during the American Idiot tour of their tour clothing crate box thingy where Billie put the sticker.

And that was the best part, because our old news editor Matt (different Matt from current editor Matt) took some GDA stickers and asked if he could give one to Billie Joe, and he did, and then we got a photo during the American Idiot tour of their tour clothing crate box thingy where Billie put the sticker.

I forgot about that, so cool! It must be around somewhere, loads of people must've downloaded it. I had it until my laptop crashed last year. Anyone have it?

Edit: I've made a thread requesting it in the downloads section, worth a try

that one didnt look right either.

Yeah, it's not right. It kinda looks like "Green Day" on the front, but it's not the same. And it's not for the Nimrod in the circles. If you want to write "nimrod" in that font, the best thing to do would be to cut that part out in photoshop.

The closest thing I could find to it is Haettenschweiler. Though you'll still have to tweak it a bit to make it more similar to the 'Nimrod' on the album.

Before I smash my phone

And here I was thinking it was "It's not my fault!" for years. (Which I honestly think makes more sense than what he's actually saying. :P)

And here I was thinking it was "It's not my fault!" for years. (Which I honestly think makes more sense than what he's actually saying. :P)

It could be for all I know but that's what it sounds like to me :lol:

• Like 1

Did Green day and Pennywise played a show together?

Any proof!!?

Isn't that a clown or something?

• Like 1

Isn't that a clown or something?

Yeah, Ronald McDonald's evil twin actually.

Yes, the band are named after it.

The band are named after 'It'. Ooh, clever. :P
  • Like 1

The band are named after 'It'. Ooh, clever. :P

I'm glad someone noticed.

Because I sure as hell didn't.

• Like 3

From California facebook page:

time off for babies! congrats to dustin and jason on their new roommates! getting back to work shortly. meantime, here's some pics from our last session:

Does it mean that Jason has a new baby? I'm not native speaker, so I can easly misunderstand something :)

From California facebook page:

time off for babies! congrats to dustin and jason on their new roommates! getting back to work shortly. meantime, here's some pics from our last session:

Does it mean that Jason has a new baby? I'm not native speaker, so I can easly misunderstand something :)

I think that's what it means.

• Like 1

Something random that I've been wondering about Billie, I've wanted to wait and ask him personally if I ever got the chance again, but I'm too curious to wait that long...

So my question is... Does Billie Joe still have his tonsils???

• Like 1

Something random that I've been wondering about Billie, I've wanted to wait and ask him personally if I ever got the chance again, but I'm too curious to wait that long...

So my question is... Does Billie Joe still have his tonsils???

XD That's so random!

XD That's so random!

Lol I know, but it is a lagitamate question if you think about it though, cause getting your tonsils removed can affect the voice a bit.

Usually the main reason people get them removed is due to frequently getting tonsilitus, or you could be a freak like me and still have your tonsils.

So I'm just curiouis if he's had them removed or not yet?