Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Not the mascot of Arkansas State, but of the University of Arkansas. Woooo pig soooie....go Razorbacks! The mascot for Arkansas State is the REd Wolf.

Okay, thanks! I didn't realize those were two different schools
  • Like 1

Yeah who knew Arkansas had more than two colleges

• Like 2

Well, I'm not one of THOSE rabid Razorback fans, but I lived in Arkansas for 12 years and actually graduated from U of A. I always wondered why Billie Joe wrote a song about the Razorbacks...now I know. lol

• Like 1

Yes, they played the entire Dookie, right before our eyes.

Love it how people don't believe it despite everything said in the thread, despite Vuk's full-length audience video and the fact that the audio from that video is to be found on this very website. :P

No one said they don't believe it, all I said was. GDA has some fake dates, especially for 1994. I have the audio bootlegs of all the dookie shows except Leeds. You guys need to actually read posts

We are not talking about the same reasoning, so you should probably reconsider that tone.

No one said they don't believe it, all I said was. GDA has some fake dates, especially for 1994. I have the audio bootlegs of all the dookie shows except Leeds. You guys need to actually read posts

All I said in the first place was that according to GDA the Dookie videos from Instagram likely had audio from the Serbia dates and you started going on about GDT and how it's more reliable. Even if that is the case, it was never relevant to what was being discussed in the first place, and it came across as accusatory in tone.

• Like 2

All I said in the first place was that according to GDA the Dookie videos from Instagram likely had audio from the Serbia dates and you started going on about GDT and how it's more reliable. Even if that is the case, it was never relevant to what was being discussed in the first place, and it came across as accusatory in tone.

You cited GDA, and I wanted to make it clear that GDA is not always the most reliable source to cite. I don't understand what you guys are going on about.

You cited GDA, and I wanted to make it clear that GDA is not always the most reliable source to cite. I don't understand what you guys are going on about.

Basically, you threw in an advertisement for GDT in a completely unneeded conversation because the info on GDA was not incorrect. Then everyone went on about it.

Basically, you threw in an advertisement for GDT in a completely unneeded conversation because the info on GDA was not incorrect. Then everyone went on about it.

Nothing wrong with a little bit of advertising :P
  • Like 1

Anyway someone could tell me how he plays the solo on Good Riddance live? Starting at about 1:56 and ending at about 2:06. Tabs or just a rough guess would be great

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the hell Tre is screaming in the final verse of Homecoming during "Home, We're coming home again"?? I can make out bits and pieces but on a whole I have no idea but I've always really wanted to know.

• Like 2

Does anyone know what the hell Tre is screaming in the final verse of Homecoming during "Home, We're coming home again"?? I can make out bits and pieces but on a whole I have no idea but I've always really wanted to know.

I think in Green Day Rockband I've heard that they have the actual lyrics on the screen, but I'm not sure

I'll check the isolated vocal track when I get home and see if I can make it out.
  • Like 1

I'll check the isolated vocal track when I get home and see if I can make it out.

You're the man. I'm pretty sure the last thing he says is "I just don't give a fuck" but I could be wrong

Ahh, so I remembered him saying it wasn't about his mother's relationship but forgot him confirming it was the first song he wrote. Thanks! When I have the chance I need to find him talking about Best Thing In Town in the Times Talk interview, I guess he must've said it was the first song he wrote with Mike.

Ahh, so I remembered him saying it wasn't about his mother's relationship but forgot him confirming it was the first song he wrote. Thanks! When I have the chance I need to find him talking about Best Thing In Town in the Times Talk interview, I guess he must've said it was the first song he wrote with Mike.

It was the MTV Special with Kurt Loder in 95, Mike talks about Best Thing in Town, if I remember correctly

It was the MTV Special with Kurt Loder in 95, Mike talks about Best Thing in Town, if I remember correctly

Oh really? Billie talked about it in the AI era Times Talk interview too (the interviewer asks him if it was about a girl and he says it's about "rock and roll" haha), just can't be bothered to find where it was during the interview at the moment.

Oh really? Billie talked about it in the AI era Times Talk interview too (the interviewer asks him if it was about a girl and he says it's about "rock and roll" haha), just can't be bothered to find where it was during the interview at the moment.

I'd love to see that! I only knew about the 95 interview

What is Billie singing in the background in the "Land of make believe, and they don't believe" part of JOS? Close to five minutes in.

What is Billie singing in the background in the "Land of make believe, and they don't believe" part of JOS? Close to five minutes in.

I always heard "hearts recycled" or something, if I'm thinking of the same thing you are

No, just go

I don't care

I know, I know

No, I smashed my phone

Just go

I don't care

I know, I know

Before I smash my phone

Said now it's

It's another lie

And I don't care

• Like 3

No, just go

I don't care

I know, I know

No, I smashed my phone

Just go

I don't care

I know, I know

Before I smash my phone