Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

They weren't re-recordings, they were actually the live recordings from Reading that they were probably mixing

The instagram videos came out long before they even played Reading.

• Like 2

Yep

I'd call em rehearsal recordings if anything

Well it was determined that they were from one of the full Dookie sets

According to GDA they were probably from the Serbia shows in May. Reading was at the end of August.

• Like 1

According to GDA they were probably from the Serbia shows in May. Reading was at the end of August.

http://www.gdtorrent.com/live_guide.php

Please use the GDT live guide. We constantly update it with new pictures, setlists, fliers, and notes, and it is as close to accurate as you will get. We don't guess, assume, or add anything from unchecked sources. And only mods can change things, random people can't submit setlists. GDA has a few fake dates and setlists, since a lot of their info comes from Setlist.fm and GSB.net.

And the recordings could've been from Serbia or Austria. I don't remember, check the thread about the instagram videos/dookie re-recording

Please use the GDT live guide. We constantly update it with new pictures, setlists, fliers, and notes, and it is as close to accurate as you will get. We don't guess, assume, or add anything from unchecked sources. And only mods can change things, random people can't submit setlists. GDA has a few fake dates and setlists, since a lot of their info comes from Setlist.fm and GSB.net.

And the recordings could've been from Serbia or Austria. I don't remember, check the thread about the instagram videos/dookie re-recording

Matt is a random person now? :P

No, but random people add fake setlists to setlist.fm, and GDA copies them to their tour page.

Ooo Lone. Tman called you out.

I do love that you told him to use GDT after he already corrected you once. And yes, you guys do add stuff from unchecked sources. There is absolutely no way you guys have confirmed every date listed.

• Like 3

Also turns out GDT is not a great source it doesn't have the Sydney Soundave set correct and funny enough setlist.fm does. Minor error but still setlist.fm had it correct so.

Also turns out GDT is not a great source it doesn't have the Sydney Soundave set correct and funny enough setlist.fm does. Minor error but still setlist.fm had it correct so.

PM me what the error is, and I can fix it. Setlist.fm is good in the sense that people who attended can make things like that accurate, but it does have dozens of fake setlists and dates, like this:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2001/the-pageant-st-louis-mo-1bd2e9dc.html

Which was all too easy to find. Also, we archive pictures, fliers, and recordings to go along with the setlists and dates, making the live guide more specialized and convenient for finding things associated with specific dates.

If only there was someone on GDC who could confirm that they played Dookie in full while in Serbia in May.

I didn't say they didn't, I said GDA has some fake dates and setlists in the tour section, nothing to do with Green Day's set in Serbia last year dude.

Couldn't have been. The "Pulling Teeth" video has acoustic in it, and they didn't play that acoustically until Brixton, a few nights before Reading.

Couldn't have been. The "Pulling Teeth" video has acoustic in it, and they didn't play that acoustically until Brixton, a few nights before Reading.

if they were mixing the songs, they may have added something. I do have either video right now to check.

Does anyone have an interview or something where Billie states that Why Do You Want Him was the first song he ever wrote?

So does anyone know about the "This album is dedicated to family, friends, fans and punishers" in the Uno Dos and Tre booklets? Is it a reference/quote from something?

Does anyone have an interview or something where Billie states that Why Do You Want Him was the first song he ever wrote?

I'd like to know that as well because I know he's said the first song he and Mike wrote was Best Thing In Town (in the Times Talk interview). I suppose he could've said WDYWH was the first song he wrote, as in he wrote it on his own before he wrote a song with Mike, but I don't think I've seen the interview. Plus there's also the false info around that WDYWH is his about his mother's relationship, someone actually asked him to confirm it a couple of years ago and he said it wasn't, I guess people assumed it was after he said that In The End was about that. Maybe the idea that it was the first song he wrote came from the false info that it was about his mother and stepfather?

I'd like to know that as well because I know he's said the first song he and Mike wrote was Best Thing In Town (in the Times Talk interview). I suppose he could've said WDYWH was the first song he wrote, as in he wrote it on his own before he wrote a song with Mike, but I don't think I've seen the interview. Plus there's also the false info around that WDYWH is his about his mother's relationship, someone actually asked him to confirm it a couple of years ago and he said it wasn't, I guess people assumed it was after he said that In The End was about that. Maybe the idea that it was the first song he wrote came from the false info that it was about his mother and stepfather?

50:00

• Like 2

This is a strange question but how do you think the GD staff are paid. Would they be on a contract or casual. They have a lot of staff but GD are on indefinite break.

This is a strange question but how do you think the GD staff are paid. Would they be on a contract or casual. They have a lot of staff but GD are on indefinite break.

Depends what staff. The tour crew I'm sure are only paid when they're on the road. They likely work out contracts with them to say "between these dates and these dates, you'll be available to work for us and paid X amount for this many days of work". I'm sure the small group of people who work with the band more closely (management, agents) probably get paid regularly based on a percentage of some income. Just because the band is on break doesn't mean they're still not generating some money (though admittedly it's nothing like they do while on tour). Then there's the sound techs and other people who help them out in studio and on tour. I'd bet those guys are paid closer to a regular job, paid X amount for however much work they do.

• Like 1

Agents/management don't get paid hourly or salary they get paid from deals they get their clients

So anyone in a band that's a tip if someone says they wanna manage you and they charge such and such they are scamming you

• Like 1

That was my point.

I think she said something like that to me. Not sure thou. PM her.

I think she said something like that to me. Not sure thou. PM her.

I don't really know what you mean. She said in the thread I linked to that they played Dookie when she was there, that was what I was saying.

I don't really know what you mean. She said in the thread I linked to that they played Dookie when she was them, that was what I was saying.

k den

Wanted to add that The Razorbacks are the college sports team of Arkansas State University, and Billie dated a girl from Arkansas for a bit

Not the mascot of Arkansas State, but of the University of Arkansas. Woooo pig soooie....go Razorbacks! The mascot for Arkansas State is the REd Wolf.