Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Billie is a cat fan :wub:

Munchkin approves!

ZmLkx1W.jpg?1

As if needed any more reasons to love Billie. :)

• Like 2

Does anyone know what the rarest Green Day item is?

Personally, I would say Billie Joe's first ever single called "Look For Love" which he recorded when he was 5 years old, or a test pressing of the first ever pressing of 39/Smooth.

Personally, I would say Billie Joe's first ever single called "Look For Love" which he recorded when he was 5 years old, or a test pressing of the first ever pressing of 39/Smooth.

ah ok. I was thinking it would be something of that kind.

Tre's missing testicle. Only one in existence.

Probably no longer exists. The chip of bone left over from a knee operation that he gave away to a fan in a haiku contest probably does though. Might genuinely be the rarest thing!

• Like 1

Probably no longer exists. The chip of bone left over from a knee operation that he gave away to a fan in a haiku contest probably does though. Might genuinely be the rarest thing!

What? :blink: Could you tell me something more about it? I think I've never heard this story before.

What? :blink: Could you tell me something more about it? I think I've never heard this story before.

Here's the news post about it from June 2003. http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/4215/

Check out Mike and Tre's audio messages on GreenDay.com. Mike talks about go karts and his little brother. Tre is giving away the peice of bone removed from his leg during his recent surgery. Wanna win it? Write a haiku (a poem that has 3 lines; the first and thrid lines have 5 syllables and the second line has 7 syllables) and post it on the Official Green Day Message Board. Then Tre will judge and choose the winner!
  • Like 1

Apparently around 2003 or so Tre had a knee operation which involved a small chip of bone being removed, which was given to him by the doctors afterwards. So he decided to hold a haiku writing contest on greenday.com and give away the chip of bone as the prize :lol:. And some fan won it. I don't know if anyone knows what the winning haiku was or any additional info?

Edit: Too slow :P

• Like 1

This is a really random question, but it's super important: What key is Last Night On Earth in? And does the key modulate at all? (if it does can you tell me when?)

This is a really random question, but it's super important: What key is Last Night On Earth in? And does the key modulate at all? (if it does can you tell me when?)

A major, but there are some weird inverted chords with accidentals in there. No modulation.

On the subject of Tre selling his bone, I actually find that pretty creepy.

A major, but there are some weird inverted chords with accidentals in there. No modulation.

On the subject of Tre selling his bone, I actually find that pretty creepy.

Awesome, thanks! Are the accidentals consistent enough in some spots for it to be considered an excursion into a new key though?

Awesome, thanks! Are the accidentals consistent enough in some spots for it to be considered an excursion into a new key though?

I'm not sure really. The only accidental is an F natural, but I'm not sure how that fits into any other key. It appears in the D minor and Aaug7, in every other bar. Everything else fits into A major, other than a couple of very fast passing notes in the vocals, so I've always considered that to be the key.

I have a black Green Day pick... My boyfriend got it years ago after working as a stage hand for them.. It is Black with red letters that say Green Day on one side and California Highway 1 symbol on the back... Does anyone know what it is from? It has to be from a tour in 2007 or before. Thanks for reading... :D

I have a black Green Day pick... My boyfriend got it years ago after working as a stage hand for them.. It is Black with red letters that say Green Day on one side and California Highway 1 symbol on the back... Does anyone know what it is from? It has to be from a tour in 2007 or before. Thanks for reading... :D

Hey, welcome to the forum! I've merged your thread with the Green Day Q&A thread as it's frequented by people who know far too much about Green Day. If you could post a picture that'd be very helpful :)

Thanks! I am trying to find the post on my phone,

so I can share pics of the pick.

Edited by Guitar Pick Starr

I'm not sure really. The only accidental is an F natural, but I'm not sure how that fits into any other key. It appears in the D minor and Aaug7, in every other bar. Everything else fits into A major, other than a couple of very fast passing notes in the vocals, so I've always considered that to be the key.

Well an F natural overall would make it D major. But the fact that it only appears in those 2 notes every other bar is weird. So yeah, you're probably right. It's probably just an abnormal chord progression.

• Like 1

Well an F natural overall would make it D major. But the fact that it only appears in those 2 notes every other bar is weird. So yeah, you're probably right. It's probably just an abnormal chord progression.

Yeah, there's a lot of weird stuff on that album, like East Jesus Nowhere being atonal. It's only the piano that has the F natural in so I'm pretty convinced of its A major-ness, although it is strange.

His voice was definitely more raw and "punk" in the 90s, which obviously really suited the music. These days he's got a far better voice on a technical level, which means he can do things like Restless Heart Syndrome as well as the old stuff very, very well. I was watching the Zane Lowe session where they did Before The Lobotomy a few days ago and I was just blown away by Billie's voice.

Where'd you find that Zane Lowe session

Where'd you find that Zane Lowe session

YouTube, I don't know if all of it's there though, it's just individual songs and the interview. Here's the one in question: