Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

And nowadays sometimes you even can comprehend what he is singing :lol:

Yup, no more carrot-sucking and finding his budget. :o

• Like 1

Billie's voice definitely changed. You can easily tell the difference between a 1994 performance of Basket Case and a 2013 performance.

Billie's voice definitely changed. You can easily tell the difference between a 1994 performance of Basket Case and a 2013 performance.

Its natural that your voice changes when you get older- but his voice is now a whole lotta better, though its not as good now as it was 2009-10 but still.

Its natural that your voice changes when you get older- but his voice is now a whole lotta better, though its not as good now as it was 2009-10 but still.

i disagree, why do you think his voice is better? i liked it better in 94
  • Like 1

His singing is more diverse. As far as singing goes, his best album so far is 21 CB. He can still sing those fast punk rock tunes as well as before, but now he is also pretty decent balladeer. His falsetto is lovely and he sings with a bigger range than before. and he can pronounce words in a understandable way now.

and especially live. His live singing was never nothing special (tough still perfectly acceptable) back then but, like, 21CB tour was outstanding singing-wise.

• Like 2

I think his voice is much better now. I think he's just able to carry a note much cleaner now.

• Like 2

His voice was definitely more raw and "punk" in the 90s, which obviously really suited the music. These days he's got a far better voice on a technical level, which means he can do things like Restless Heart Syndrome as well as the old stuff very, very well. I was watching the Zane Lowe session where they did Before The Lobotomy a few days ago and I was just blown away by Billie's voice.

• Like 3

in 90s he used to do a short EEHHOO.... but now... he just makes it fun.. EEEEEEHHHHHOOOOOOOO

• Like 3

in 90s he used to do a short EEHHOO.... but now... he just makes it fun.. EEEEEEHHHHHOOOOOOOO

You explained this perfectly. :)

• Like 1

You explained this perfectly. :)

well then BILLIE JOE SAYS-- EEEHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 2

That will be in ten years' time. ;)

remember ... BULLET IN A BIBLE... Tre Cool was counting time for Billie joe's EEEEEEHHHHOOOOOOOO... and that was the longest EEEEEHHHHOOOOO in the history!!

• Like 2

remember ... BULLET IN A BIBLE... Tre Cool was counting time for Billie joe's EEEEEEHHHHOOOOOOOO... and that was the longest EEEEEHHHHOOOOO in the history!!

i'd say that those of the 21stCB tour were quite longer than in bullet in a bible

i'd say that those of the 21stCB tour were quite longer than in bullet in a bible

progress is going on..!!..GreaT!!

• Like 1

progress is going on..!!..GreaT!!

yeah... but he stopped doing the really long ones on the 99Revolutions tour, unfortunately

yeah... but he stopped doing the really long ones on the 99Revolutions tour, unfortunately

Don't get him wrong... He's just recovering.. he'll be back with really long ones..!!..longer than 21st CBD tour!!

• Like 1

I remember people being really happy when Green Day's shows went from being 60-90 minutes to nearly three hours. But really, if you take the hey-ohs out, they've only ever been 60-90 minutes.

• Like 1

I remember people being really happy when Green Day's shows went from being 60-90 minutes to nearly three hours. But really, if you take the hey-ohs out, they've only ever been 60-90 minutes.

Comparing my 21Cb concert to the soundwaves I went to - he really has cut down on the hey ohs. But if we got a shortened set with unexpected rare songs - not knowing from one concert to the next what was next on the set list - I would be pretty dam happy to have a shortened setlist.

• Like 1

Does anybody know if Billie has cats? I think I remember seeing that he has a brown tabby named Cleveland that he's had for a while now. Are there any others?

Does anybody know if Billie has cats? I think I remember seeing that he has a brown tabby named Cleveland that he's had for a while now. Are there any others?

there was zero who got caught in the dryer and died but apart from that i dunno. he has three (?) dogs so more than one cat seems unlikely.

• Like 1

there was zero who got caught in the dryer and died but apart from that i dunno.

That was real? :cry::cry::cry:

• Like 1

I only know of his dog Rocky not sure if he still has him or not.

i'm pretty sure i found that out on the gda facts page or whatever when i was like 12 so i mean

yes. 12 year old me is infallible.

Yeah the maid or nanny started laundry with the cat inside by accident