Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

one of the perk of being short is that you don't have to worry about your knees usually as much as tall people have to.

what? lol that's not true. my mum is tiny as fuck and she has the worst knees of anyone i've ever known. it has nothing to do with height.

what? lol that's not true. my mum is tiny as fuck and she has the worst knees of anyone i've ever known. it has nothing to do with height.

Well it's not going to be the same for everyone but it is actually a fact that tall people are more likely to have trouble with their knees than short people. If your knees are supporting more weight (whether because of height or size in general) then you're more likely to have trouble with them than if they're supporting less weight.

• Like 2

Does anyone know exactly what type of guitar strings are on the Billie Joe Armstrong signature double cutaway? I need to order some replacement strings and I'm not sure if they're just a generic Gibson brand or what.

Thanks!

Well it's not going to be the same for everyone but it is actually a fact that tall people are more likely to have trouble with their knees than short people. If your knees are supporting more weight (whether because of height or size in general) then you're more likely to have trouble with them than if they're supporting less weight.

I believe one of the more famous little people actors said that joints wear out most if one's particularly short.

I believe one of the more famous little people actors said that joints wear out most if one's particularly short.

Yeah, I think I've heard that little people/people with dwarfism are prone to having bad joints. But that's not because they're short, it's because of their genetic condition which makes them both short and prone to bad joints. Generally speaking and other conditions aside, people on the tall side are more likely to have knee problems than people on the short side, simply because there's more weight on their knees.

I doubt it's much of a factor in Billie and Mike's jumping though :lol:, they don't have super powered knees just because they're smallish.

Are we really using the Q&A thread to argue about knees now? :lol:

Apparently so :lol:

• Like 2

Have they played 21st Century Breakdown live since the 21st Century Breakdown tour?

It was on the setlist for the San Francisco show in November but that one got fucked up

Oh my god its so true Angus Young is 5,2 and Billie Joe is 5,6 don't ask how I know that my sister is Angus young's height and I'm an inch shorter than Billie Joe. I'm Tré Cool's height and my brother is Mike Dirnt's height (5,11)

I'm sorry that's really off topic

I knew Mike was short, but when I met him, I didn't expect to be the same height as him :lol:

mmm..Mike Dirnt..? You say that 5,11 is short?

nevermind feets get me lost anyway

Im 5,6 so appareantly I am a dwarf... and no its not tall, but would it be average?

Yeah, I'd say it's short. It certainly isn't tall

5' 10" is average for a man over here, 5' 9" in the US. 5' 11" isn't huge but I really wouldn't consider it short.

• Like 1

5' 10" is average for a man over here, 5' 9" in the US. 5' 11" isn't huge but I really wouldn't consider it short.

true. and if you consider that short i take it as an insult cos I am really short then :P

Is Demolicious a 100% live? Billie posted videos on instagram of the band apparently recording the versions on the album and it was live so I'm curious now

Is Demolicious a 100% live? Billie posted videos on instagram of the band apparently recording the versions on the album and it was live so I'm curious now

It's generally believed that the vast majority of it is live. Overdubs could have been done on the odd song for additional guitars and maybe vocals, but on the whole it's live.

There's no way Mike's 5'11. People don't think of him as short because of Tre and Billie being shorter (and Billie looking shorter than he really is because of his tiny legs), but when they're standing side by side you can see he's only a couple of inches taller than Billie, I don't think he's above 5'9.

There's no way Mike's 5'11. People don't think of him as short because of Tre and Billie being shorter (and Billie looking shorter than he really is because of his tiny legs), but when they're standing side by side you can see he's only a couple of inches taller than Billie, I don't think he's above 5'9.

I always thought he was 5' 10" and that's what Google seems to think. Mike's bass would look a lot bigger on him if he was particularly short. Remember Billie wears platforms a lot of the time :P

I always thought he was 5' 10" and that's what Google seems to think. Mike's bass would look a lot bigger on him if he was particularly short. Remember Billie wears platforms a lot of the time :P

Yeah I don't tend to believe that. Much like I didn't believe Billie when he said in an interview "I'm only 5'8" :lol:. Well I suppose he could be approaching 5'10, not 5'11 though.
  • Like 1

but Billie's jump makes him a lot tall..!!. wonder how he feels being there!

• Like 1

true. and if you consider that short i take it as an insult cos I am really short then :P

If you'd feel insulted because if that, then you need to change your way of thinking. :P

If you'd feel insulted because if that, then you need to change your way of thinking. :P

:sarcasm:

Whoops I got that wrong Billie Joe is 5,7 Tré is 5,6 at least that's what I remember but that was in like in 2007