Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Don't forget Billie also mentioned prayer when he talked about getting sober ('Armstrong characterizes his regimen of recovery as "meditation through prayer"'). I don't know that they're atheists or agnostic or something else all together. It's always felt to me that they didn't (or Billie anyway) like the idea of organized religion and how it's used. Never really known their personal feelings towards the idea of god itself.

Billie's agnostic. He's literally said "I'm agnostic" on more than one occasion (the first being in like 1994), and has always indicated the same in his comments about religion (like a few weeks ago he said "I'm not an atheist btw" on Instagram). I don't think Mike has said what he is but I get the impression he's not too different from Billie on it, they mention praying etc the same amount in any case. Tre hasn't specifically said he's atheist but I think he probably is, I've never heard him say anything about religion (or just the idea of a god existing) that wasn't totally disparaging and anti it, he has no problem saying "he doesn't exist" when the subject of God comes up for example. He was brought up in a pretty alternative manner and was in a band playing songs called "Fuck Religion" and stuff since he was 11 whereas Billie (and I think Mike as well) was brought up in a religious household, so not too surprising if that's the case.

Having a problem with organised religion/aspects of organised religion, as Green Day clearly do, doesn't mean you can't personally believe that a god exists/might exist, they're pretty much two different things.

• Like 2

Can someone list all the Trilogy singles? I mean, I'm not sure if Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Troublemaker and The Forgotten could be regarded as singles

Can someone list all the Trilogy singles? I mean, I'm not sure if Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Troublemaker and The Forgotten could be regarded as singles

the first single was Oh Love and later kill the dj and let yourself go

Dos had just one single, Stray Heart

and on Tré we have X-Kid and the Forgotten but i don't exactly know whether those are official singles at all

Random question:

On the 21st CBD tour during the interlude between Brain Stew and Jaded when Billie got the water guns out etc, what were the Tshirts that he fired out into the crowd? Were they just the standard tour tshirts or something a little special?

• Like 1

I don't think Mike has said what he is but I get the impression he's not too different from Billie on it, they mention praying etc the same amount in any case.

As I recall, Mike said he gets most of his religious doctrine from Star Wars. :P

• Like 1

i know this is a Network question but meh

Does Spastic Society have a meaning or is it just literally random words?

As I recall, Mike said he gets most of his religious doctrine from Star Wars. :P

Haha yeah. I think they are quite similar in their comments about it though, they'll both say jokey things like that and criticize organised religion plenty but never say they'd rule out god existing, and they both mention praying/faith from time to time which a full on atheist (rather than an agnostic) is pretty unlikely to do. Mike hasn't called himself an agnostic like Billie but it does seem most likely I think.

Why in the 99 Revolutions tour were Billie Joe's and Jason's amp brand duct taped over?

DSC_0255.jpg

Why in the 99 Revolutions tour were Billie Joe's and Jason's amp brand duct taped over?

DSC_0255.jpg

There could be a few reasons. It might be to do with not wanting to endorse the product, or if it was being filmed for TV then they might not want to give the company free advertising. I know they use Marshalls but I don't think they're endorsed by them or anything, so that's probably it. Or maybe they just don't like the look of plastic logos on the front of their amps, haha.

• Like 3

There could be a few reasons. It might be to do with not wanting to endorse the product, or if it was being filmed for TV then they might not want to give the company free advertising. I know they use Marshalls but I don't think they're endorsed by them or anything, so that's probably it. Or maybe they just don't like the look of plastic logos on the front of their amps, haha.

I reckon they are Blackstar amps, Green Day are renowned for Marshalls and have never taped over before, and Marshall and Blackstar being direct enemies this was probably a request from Marshall.

Maybe.

I reckon they are Blackstar amps, Green Day are renowned for Marshalls and have never taped over before, and Marshall and Blackstar being direct enemies this was probably a request from Marshall.

Maybe.

What makes you think they're Blackstar? According to the Rig Rundown on YouTube they're still using Marshalls.

What makes you think they're Blackstar? According to the Rig Rundown on YouTube they're still using Marshalls.

HTVMetal412A-xlarge.jpg

thats why i think theyre blackstars

thats a balckstar cab

if you put tape over the logo :)

HTVMetal412A-xlarge.jpg

thats why i think theyre blackstars

thats a balckstar cab

if you put tape over the logo :)

Touché :P

33396-marshall-mg412-angled-cab-large.jp

Pretty sure they're Marshall. You can see the "M" shape on this photo

gNa0xAF.jpg

Still...why the tape?!

Yeah, that I don't know. My guess is as someone else mentioned, they probably didn't want to endorse them now or something. Maybe they had some kind of deal that expired. I'm more surprised they didn't just remove the logos rather than taping over them.

Still...why the tape?!

On top of what I said before, it could be down to the fact that Billie is endorsed by Gibson and Mike by Fender, both of whom make their own amps. There could be some kind of clash there where the band aren't allowed to advertise Marshall amps as a result.

• Like 3

Does someone know if Green Day was supposed to play on Letterman to promote the trilogy and it eventually didn't happen because of the rehab ?