Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

10 hours ago, That Dude said:

What is the most songs they've ever played live?  That recent show with 36 just might be it, right? 

Irving Plaza 2012 was 39 songs

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Costa Rica 2010. They played 43 songs. Setlist here

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2010/estadio-ricardo-saprissa-san-jose-costa-rica-bd57542.html

It was the last show of the 21st Century Breakdown Tour and lasted just over four hours

Wow, that might be their best one ever!  Every era represented, whoa. 

• Love 4

• 3 weeks later...

I should probably know this, but when did the pink bunny first start appearing with GD? Does anybody know how it came about?lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psycho Britney said:

I should probably know this, but when did the pink bunny first start appearing with GD? Does anybody know how it came about?lol!

It started during the Warning tour, don't know of a particular reason or story to it other than it was just a fun idea to have a drunken dancing pink bunny to entertain the crowd before the show. It's a member of their crew that does it but it's likely different people filled in from time to time and could have changed to a different person/people by now. The story is the suit has never been washed lol

The bunny had some serious moves at Wembley :lol: 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It started during the Warning tour, don't know of a particular reason or story to it other than it was just a fun idea to have a drunken dancing pink bunny to entertain the crowd before the show. It's a member of their crew that does it but it's likely different people filled in from time to time and could have changed to a different person/people by now. The story is the suit has never been washed lol

The bunny had some serious moves at Wembley :lol: 

Thank you for killing my curiosity.😊

Yes, it was whilst watching the bunny at Wembley, this question occurred to me! I was very impressed with worm dance!😉

• Like 3

From videos I saw that the Bunny and the Dookie dog were carrying the plane around Wembley and I think it's so cool!

One question that I have is: can you keep the Dookie bombs? I guess so because it must be hard to tell people to return them

• 2 weeks later...

Were the BBC sessions entirely live in the studio or were there some guitar parts overdubs? I'm wondering this, because most of the songs have double-tracked guitars, so did Jason White (or someone else) play those or did Billie do a guitar overdub over the live recording himself? 

• 3 weeks later...

I have the calling all saviors vip for Hershey How early did you guys show up if you had it. 

45 minutes ago, BUBBYBUB said:

I have the calling all saviors vip for Hershey How early did you guys show up if you had it. 

Does it have early entry? In Europe people lined up early for it because it did.

On 7/12/2024 at 11:49 AM, MillenniumFan said:

Were the BBC sessions entirely live in the studio or were there some guitar parts overdubs? I'm wondering this, because most of the songs have double-tracked guitars, so did Jason White (or someone else) play those or did Billie do a guitar overdub over the live recording himself? 

Was waiting for someone more knowledgeable than me to answer but my understanding was that the BBC sessions were very much life so I think Jason was there.

• Thanks 1

Where did the... um... slightly boudoir shot of Billie Joe and 80 come from? The one where she's wearing a silk top and he's got his head on her chest? 

I'd like to try draw it cause i think its really beautiful, but I need to find an HD reference... 

3 hours ago, Undómiel said:

Where did the... um... slightly boudoir shot of Billie Joe and 80 come from? The one where she's wearing a silk top and he's got his head on her chest? 

I'd like to try draw it cause i think its really beautiful, but I need to find an HD reference... 

I think it was from a photoshoot they did when they were promoting the Adeline Street clothing line around 2009. Maybe someone has a high res photo but not sure who first published it

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think it was from a photoshoot they did when they were promoting the Adeline Street clothing line around 2009. Maybe someone has a high res photo but not sure who first published it

Thanks! I'll keep digging... 

It needs to be at least 1200 x 800 for it come out alright... 😀

6 hours ago, jengd said:

Was waiting for someone more knowledgeable than me to answer but my understanding was that the BBC sessions were very much life so I think Jason was there.

Fair enough. I mean that would make the most sense, even though Jason only joined them as a touring guitarist in 1999. What makes me uncertain is that try as I might, I can’t find him anywhere in the credits. So, it’s a bit of a mystery to me. I still think it’s possible the second guitar was overdubbed. That also wouldn’t be a big deal for me, I’m just a nerd interested in all the details. I suppose the other thing that comes to mind is when Billie, no doubt to the best of his knowledge at the time, denied that there was any pitch correction on AAF, when I think it’s pretty much undeniable that there was. So I guess things aren’t always exactly as they seem on live releases ;) 

23 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Does it have early entry? In Europe people lined up early for it because it did.

They all say vip entrance 

44 minutes ago, BUBBYBUB said:

They all say vip entrance 

The VIPs at Wembley had a designated entrance but it was actually ten different gates and the VIP host never showed up. Really hope you have a better experience 

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2024 at 1:51 AM, BUBBYBUB said:

Best thing is to go on the threads for the US shows that are happening before yours and try to find out how the queues were organized and if VIPs had early entrance or not. It might be different in the US than it was in the EU, because in the EU VIP packages specified "early entrance". People with VIP tickets at the shows in France started showing up at 6AM, but that was a bit overkill as by 10AM there were still no more than 5 people in the VIP lines. Most started arriving after noon.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone remember, did Insomniac 25th Anniversary not get a CD release? Just vinyl and digital?

Hey, I'm just curious, did they half-step down tuning "Minority" on the Saviors Tour? It sounds different. I've watched the Rock Am Ring 2024 and the Isle of Wight pro-shots, and I've noticed the difference.

18 minutes ago, oneeyedroll said:

Hey, I'm just curious, did they half-step down tuning "Minority" on the Saviors Tour? It sounds different. I've watched the Rock Am Ring 2024 and the Isle of Wight pro-shots, and I've noticed the difference.

Yes, they have been doing this in some shows ive watched. They are doing that with Dilemma too. Notice that Billie uses the same guitar in both songs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Does anyone remember, did Insomniac 25th Anniversary not get a CD release? Just vinyl and digital?

I don’t think it got a CD, just vinyl. I’ve been buying all the anniversary rereleases on CD and I don’t have Insomniac so they must not have released one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t think it got a CD, just vinyl. I’ve been buying all the anniversary rereleases on CD and I don’t have Insomniac so they must not have released one

Thanks, that’s the conclusion I came to after spending about 3 hours looking for it!  Glad to have confirmation. 

When did they start playing with extra musicians on tour? 

My mind sort of goes to Nimrod era... but before then? 

1 hour ago, Undómiel said:

When did they start playing with extra musicians on tour? 

My mind sort of goes to Nimrod era... but before then? 

Jason White joined in 1999 for the Warning tour. They've been a six piece on tour since American Idiot tour

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Jason White joined in 1999 for the Warning tour. They've been a six piece on tour since American Idiot tour

How did the do Nimrod songs (like King For A Day) on tour? They must have had a saxophone/keys player somewhere... 

Cheers for the info 😊