Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Yeah I may have to go and find them :) thanks anyway:)

Oh yeah despite me being a bad mod and asking for them I've now found out we can't have downloads of them on here because of the copyright (thought maybe as they were different versions that were never available to buy that might not be the case, but it is). But yeah they're around on youtube and stuff so not too hard to track down.

This is a bit random but does anyone ever wonder what kind of apps billie mike tre and jason have on there iphones? This should be a fun little game xD

Only thing I know is Billie has apps for messing around with photos that change people's faces and add graphics to them etc, as he's posted the amusing results on twitter before.
  • Like 1

Only thing I know is Billie has apps for messing around with photos that change people's faces and add graphics to them etc, as he's posted the amusing results on twitter before.

He's posted the results on the covers of a few albums before too.

• Like 2

Do you think Billie's using a slide in Give Me Novacaine (second verse) or just his fingers?

Do you think Billie's using a slide in Give Me Novacaine (second verse) or just his fingers?

Definitely a slide. The last slide of the riff (which first appears at 1:20) is a dead giveaway, it's far to smooth to be fingers.

• Like 1

Does anyone ever wonder if billie wished he recorded something different on the studio albums? For example on 21 guns studio version he does faslsetto on the "guns" but live he yells it and makes it loud.

Does anyone ever wonder if billie wished he recorded something different on the studio albums? For example on 21 guns studio version he does faslsetto on the "guns" but live he yells it and makes it loud.

Yes! I'm certain he wishes he'd gone lower on the last "only thing that's beating" in Boulevard Of Broken Dreams like he always live, I think he's done that every time they've ever played it. For some reason this amuses me and my sister so much that when we see them live we wait for him to do it and turn to look at each other in the crowd and crack up laughing when he does :lol:. I think maybe with the shouting it's more to be more dramatic live (or in the case of 21 Guns because the falsetto is hard to sing :P) and not so much something he wishes he'd done in the studio, but I do wonder about it when he changes notes.

I wish there wasn't a hey oh in the studio version of stay the night

I thought he was just saying "tonight."

Considering the song Stuck With Me got his name from Do Da Da, does anyone know how was Stuck With Me supposed to be named ?? I don't know if it has ever been mentioned by the band

Considering the song Stuck With Me got his name from Do Da Da, does anyone know how was Stuck With Me supposed to be named ?? I don't know if it has ever been mentioned by the band

I saw I think a studio paper somewhere or something that called it Alright
  • Like 1

Does anyone ever wonder how billie is such a word smith? Haha he dropped out in 12th grade and yeah I know that's the last grade but says words that no one learns in school. How is he so good with words? ?

Does anyone ever wonder how billie is such a word smith? Haha he dropped out in 12th grade and yeah I know that's the last grade but says words that no one learns in school. How is he so good with words?

He reads books haha

Idk if there's a thread for deciphering lyrics but what does these two lines mean in viva la Gloria?xD "You made your bed in salad days amongst the ruins, Ashes to ashes of our youth"

It was just called "Alright"
  • Like 1

Idk if there's a thread for deciphering lyrics but what does these two lines mean in viva la Gloria?xD "You made your bed in salad days amongst the ruins, Ashes to ashes of our youth"

There's a pretty good thread about lyrics here.

As for your question, I actually answered this one myself a while back:

It refers to an innocent time in someone's youth when they were enthusiastic, naive and idealistic. It's from Shakespeare originally, Cleopatra refers to her "salad days, when I was green in judgement, cold in blood."

Gloria "making her bed in salad days" refers to her not wanting to grow up, and mourning the fact that she's older now, hence "ashes to ashes of our youth." That's what I get from it, anyway.

• Like 2

Does anyone ever wonder how billie is such a word smith? Haha he dropped out in 12th grade and yeah I know that's the last grade but says words that no one learns in school. How is he so good with words?

I don't think it has much to do with education, sure that might've given him a slightly bigger vocabulary and made him better at grammar and formal writing and stuff but as far as being able to express yourself with words artistically I don't think that's something that really needs to be learned. You can naturally pick up a pretty wide variety of words and phrases just from people you meet, school, tv, radio and books etc if that's the way you're inclined, you don't necessarily have to especially study for it. And then being able to put them together so well is just a talent he was born with I suppose.

• Like 1