Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

I think Fashion Victim and the first part of We're Coming Home Again are as well. It's either swing time with a triplet in it or 3/4. I'm just going by memory so I'm not sure, but I'm Occam's Razoring it in favor of swing.

I think Fashion Victim and the first part of We're Coming Home Again are as well. It's either swing time with a triplet in it or 3/4. I'm just going by memory so I'm not sure, but I'm Occam's Razoring it in favor of swing.

There's also the middle section of 21st Century Breakdown.

There's also the middle section of 21st Century Breakdown.

One of these days I'm gonna have to go through the entire discography and note anomalies in meter. I still don't know 100% of their songs that aren't in 4/4 tbh, just a few, and the only one I know that's in duple meter is Dearly Beloved.

One of these days I'm gonna have to go through the entire discography and note anomalies in meter. I still don't know 100% of their songs that aren't in 4/4 tbh, just a few, and the only one I know that's in duple meter is Dearly Beloved.

Before The Lobotomy alternates between 7/4 and 4/4 in the verses.

• Like 1

Did the Dos vinyl ever get updated to the correct track list or is still missing stray Heart and containing Drama Queen

Did the Dos vinyl ever get updated to the correct track list or is still missing stray Heart and containing Drama Queen

Someone posted a status last week wondering if the vinyl with Drama Queen they found in a store was worth anything special which leads me to believe it did get fixed.

[Edit:] Discogs confirms that there is a version with Stray Heart, in comparison to two others with Drama Queen.

Is the beginning part of FOD acoustic or clean electric? Never even thought about it til now.

Is the beginning part of FOD acoustic or clean electric? Never even thought about it til now.

Acoustic, but it's an acoustic with some pretty dull strings. Now that I think about it, Good Riddance had some pretty dull strings too.

Someone posted a status last week wondering if the vinyl with Drama Queen they found in a store was worth anything special which leads me to believe it did get fixed.

[Edit:] Discogs confirms that there is a version with Stray Heart, in comparison to two others with Drama Queen.

I wouldn't trust disog 100% as you can put fakes up...

• Like 1

"Stray Heart" was unfortunately never released on vinyl. Not as a single and also not on "Dos" or "Tré".

Ok, so I need proofs that Billie Joe used this guitars, and possibly a photo of it.

- Fender Jazzmaster

- Gibson Slash Signature Les Paul

- Gibson Jimmy Page Les Paul

- Fender Jaguar

- Rickenbacker 330

- Fender Esquire

- Fender Telecaster Custom Shop

Ok, so I need proofs that Billie Joe used this guitars, and possibly a photo of it.

- Fender Jazzmaster

- Gibson Slash Signature Les Paul

- Gibson Jimmy Page Les Paul

- Fender Jaguar

- Rickenbacker 330

- Fender Esquire

- Fender Telecaster Custom Shop

Proof for the last one is in the last set of photos I posted. It was one of his guitars taken around for the Nimrod tour.

Proof for the last one is in the last set of photos I posted. It was one of his guitars taken around for the Nimrod tour.

Nah, I don't think It's the custom shop one.

What was the date of this?

Same day as the Austin concert for SXSW

03/15/13

• Like 1

Has anyone checked to see if any of the CDs have pre-gap songs hidden in them.

Has anyone checked to see if any of the CDs have pre-gap songs hidden in them.

Interesting thought, but i'm sure if there were any, someone would have found them by now. Pregap songs are kinda outdated though, right?

Interesting thought, but i'm sure if there were any, someone would have found them by now. Pregap songs are kinda outdated though, right?

So are lots of Green Day records.

I don't own a CD player anymore and only certain ones can even access pregap data. Hope someone goes through and does a thorough check for us.

I don't own a CD player anymore and only certain ones can even access pregap data. Hope someone goes through and does a thorough check for us.

But wasn't pregap outdated as of 95? So that's only 1039, Kerplunk, Dookie, Live Tracks, and maybe Insomniac, as that came out late 95

But wasn't pregap outdated as of 95? So that's only 1039, Kerplunk, Dookie, Live Tracks, and maybe Insomniac, as that came out late 95

A method in which you could put certain data in the pregap to trick computers into something or other became outdated in 96 but I don't think hidden tracks became outdated until CDs themselves did.

Blink had a pregap interlude before Stockholm Syndrome on the Untitled album and that was 2003.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what "Live to Air" is? I just found it on Spotify. It says released in 2014 but it's like an old live radio recording from the Dookie era. Kind of like "On the Radio". Is it a bootleg? Are they even allowed to be bootlegs on Spotify?

Is it a bootleg?

About one minute on Google tells me yes. You've waited fifteen minutes to get it through another person. I will never understand you people.

Are they even allowed to be bootlegs on Spotify?

why the hell not

• Like 1

I just discovered one of my CD players is able to do it. I have checked have only checked Demolicious so far, which had no pregap songs on it. I will check the others on either tomorrow or on Friday.

Tonight Alive's What Are You So Scared of which was released in 2011 has 10 pregap acoustic versions of songs on the main part of the album.

I ended up buy the Dos vinyl today. It only arrived at the record store on Friday, but I have no idea when it was pressed, but it still has Drama Queen on it. Only information about pressing details is that it was made in the US and that it was Reprise not Adeline that pressed it. I am pretty new to vinyl so I might be missing something that indicates a pressing date.

• Like 1

I ended up buy the Dos vinyl today. It only arrived at the record store on Friday, but I have no idea when it was pressed, but it still has Drama Queen on it. Only information about pressing details is that it was made in the US and that it was Reprise not Adeline that pressed it. I am pretty new to vinyl so I might be missing something that indicates a pressing date.

The european release date for the "DOS" vinyl was November 9th, 2012. So the US release date would have been November 13th, I guess.