Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

King for a Day. Are the lyrics "everything nice wasn't made for only girls" or "everything nice wasn't meant for only girls?"

I hear "meant", and it makes more sense. But every lyric site says 'made'.

Nimrod booklet says made.

Going by the booklet and my ears it's "made". "Meant" makes slightly more sense, but the line comes from the nursery rhyme "Sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of", that'll be why it's made in Billie's version of it. He changed it so that it's saying sugar and spice are made for girls, instead of girls being made of them, and in the process kept the word made.

No he doesn't?

Pretty clear that he's trying to find out what he was doing, do you know?

Pretty clear that he's trying to find out what he was doing, do you know?

Yeah, it's exactly the same as the studio version, just arpeggios of the verse riff. He's just not tapping, which would have been the only difference if he were.

Yeah, it's exactly the same as the studio version, just arpeggios of the verse riff. He's just not tapping, which would have been the only difference if he were.

Thanks! I think it's just that his hand movement looks strange/tapping like.

• Like 1

Thanks! I think it's just that his hand movement looks strange/tapping like.

Plucking on different parts of the string gives you a different sound, that's why he moves his hand over the fret-board to play. Going from the bridge to the divider between the twelfth and thirteenth fret (the halfway point) the high frequencies pop out more and then it starts to reverse you get towards the nut.

Physics and stuff.

Plucking on different parts of the string gives you a different sound, that's why he moves his hand over the fret-board to play. Going from the bridge to the divider between the twelfth and thirteenth fret (the halfway point) the high frequencies pop out more and then it starts to reverse you get towards the nut.

Physics and stuff.

Cheers for the explanation, to the untrained eye it just looks weird hah

Does anyone know Green Day songs that are in swing time? EJN, Knowledge, and DRB are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'd have to listen through their whole discography to find more.

Does anyone know Green Day songs that are in swing time? EJN, Knowledge, and DRB are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. I'd have to listen through their whole discography to find more.

Holiday, Longview, Hitchin' A Ride. I'll have a think about the rest, Castaway might be too.

• Like 3

Blood, Sex and Booze I do think.

• Like 1

When Billie plays Good Riddance live acoustically, does he just use straight chords (aside from the solo), or does he use individual notes. For instance, what is he doing at the beginning here:

• Like 1

Depends on the performance. In the one you linked he's using chords, but he's moving around them. Like he isn't strumming all six strings for G, just some. If you want that effect just "try" to play the individual notes but don't be precise about it and hit the surrounding strings as well.

• Like 3

Is the Good Riddance a post above the only time he's played it live with the strings and accordion?

Is the Good Riddance a post above the only time he's played it live with the strings and accordion?

He had backing strings, etc on Letterman too

how long does it take the gda shipping? i bought the wristbands last week

A few minutes ago I saw a report about a German band that has a sign language interpreter on stage, so that deaf people don´t just feel the bass sound, but can also follow the lyrics. In this report they mentioned Green Day as a band that also sometimes has a sign language interpreter on stage. I´ve never seen this. The only "proof" they could show was Billie Joe kissing a fan... Does anybody know whether Green Day has sometimes or ever had a translater for deaf people on stage?

A few minutes ago I saw a report about a German band that has a sign language interpreter on stage, so that deaf people don´t just feel the bass sound, but can also follow the lyrics. In this report they mentioned Green Day as a band that also sometimes has a sign language interpreter on stage. I´ve never seen this. The only "proof" they could show was Billie Joe kissing a fan... Does anybody know whether Green Day has sometimes or ever had a translater for deaf people on stage?

Yes, they had a sign language interpreter on stage during one of the shows of (I believe) the North American leg of the 21st CB tour in 2010. I think it was probably something the venue does, as far as I know they've only done it that one time.

I remember seeing a video of it as well as people who were at the show posting about it. Does anyone know which show it was?

• Like 1

Holiday, Longview, Hitchin' A Ride. I'll have a think about the rest, Castaway might be too.

Minority and, I think, Stray heart too.

• Like 1

Yes, they had a sign language interpreter on stage during one of the shows of (I believe) the North American leg of the 21st CB tour in 2010. I think it was probably something the venue does, as far as I know they've only done it that one time.

I remember seeing a video of it as well as people who were at the show posting about it. Does anyone know which show it was?

Thank you! Yes, the short clip was from that era.

how long does it take the gda shipping? i bought the wristbands last week

International orders usually take around 15 days. Sometimes it can take a little longer if items are held at US Customs for any reason, but about 15 days is the average. Feel free to email us (orders@greendayauthority.com) if you need us to look in to your order or anything like that.

• Like 1