Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

There are no recordings that we know of, the only ones we got from that show were Oh Love, Loss of Control, A Little Boy Named Train, State of Shock, Sweet 16, Stray Heart, Rusty James, Amy, and Goodbye to Romance (not including the Cuatro footage)

What is Goodbye to Romance? :huh:

idk if anyone asked this, but what font did they use for the white text like this pic? and is there anywhere to download it? http://s28.postimg.org/nn2ellgrx/Stop_When_the_Red_Lights_Flash.png

What do you mean "they"? That's not an official pic, I think Flo made that

Can X-Kid be extracted from Rocksmith?

No, they don't use multitracks on that, those songs are different

What do you mean "they"? That's not an official pic, I think Flo made that

I think he meant "they" as in the artist.

ok what font did the artist use for the single artwork like oh love or kill the dj. happy tman?

Wait there's more songs from the trilogy that we can hear the tracks of? If there is I would love hearing all the other guitar tracks ?

Wait there's more songs from the trilogy that we can hear the tracks of? If there is I would love hearing all the other guitar tracks

No, there aren't. Just Oh Love for now.

Why was "zip gun" always censored when St. Jimmy from BIAB used to be on tv?

Because of the word "gun". In rap songs they censor any word that has to do with violence: kill, shoot, gun etc. Doesn't need to be done as often in other types of music but I guess the same rules apply. They don't bother to look at the context, they just have a list of words that aren't allowed, which is why they end up censoring stupid things like that.

How many different variants of Warning are there on vinyl?

Album:

Warning (Green Vinyl, Orange/Green Label)

Warning (Green Vinyl, Black Label)

Warning (Green Vinyl, White Label)

Warning (Black Vinyl, 2009)

Warning (White Vinyl)

Warning (Coke Bottle Green Clear Vinyl)

Warning (Orange Vinyl)

Warning (Pink Vinyl)

Warning (Dark Red Vinyl)

Single:

Warning (Orange Vinyl)

Warning (Green Vinyl)

Let me know if you need the EAN numbers

• Like 2

Album:

Warning (Green Vinyl, Orange/Green Label)

Warning (Green Vinyl, Black Label)

Warning (Green Vinyl, White Label)

Warning (Black Vinyl, 2009)

Warning (White Vinyl)

Warning (Coke Bottle Green Clear Vinyl)

Warning (Orange Vinyl)

Warning (Pink Vinyl)

Warning (Dark Red Vinyl)

Single:

Warning (Orange Vinyl)

Warning (Green Vinyl)

Let me know if you need the EAN numbers

Holy shit... I've got my work cut out for me. I have like half of those lol. When was the red one announced?

Favourite Son- did green day ever release the song with them singing/playing it?

Favourite Son- did green day ever release the song with them singing/playing it?

Yeah. It's on Rock Against Bush. Go find it on Youtube.

• Like 1

In addition to it being on the Rock Against Bush Vol. 2 CD, it is also on the Japanese versions of American Idiot as track 14 and on the 21 Guns CD and vinyl singles as the b-side

Anyways, as it's not often people on here get to hear a "new" Green Day song, I hope you enjoy it!

• Like 3

Does anyone know if there is any copy of Demolicious available in San Francisco's stores?

no idea but a lot of record stores that participated to the RSD put what they had left on their website. go check the thread about demolicious and ask what websites people got theirs.

• Like 1

It's been driving me nuts but is demolicous all live recording? (All played at the same time but mic'd up) or was it done track by track?

Or what it even done live and then over dubbed with other things.

I'm asking this because a lot of the songs you will hear an extra guitar playing or another instrument (like tambourine) playing so you would think that it was recorded track by track. But then what confuses me is you hear them talking at the end of each song?

It's been driving me nuts but is demolicous all live recording? (All played at the same time but mic'd up) or was it done track by track?

I'm asking this because a lot of the songs you will hear an extra guitar playing or another instrument (like tambourine) playing so you would think that it was recorded track by track. But then what confuses me is you hear them talking at the end of each song?

Different tracks are of different quality so it probably varies. Note though that them talking at the ends doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't track by track either.

Also overdubs are possible, like they can just play as a band for one track then add the tambo and guitar in another.

They were all recorded live in the studio, hence the talking at the end. There's a possibility of overdubs in a couple of tracks too, but 99% of it is totally live.
  • Like 1

They were all recorded live in the studio, hence the talking at the end. There's a possibility of overdubs in a couple of tracks too, but 99% of it is totally live.

How do you know?

• Like 1