Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

I can upload Oh Love for you. It has multiple vocal tracks together.

Gracias! :happy:

And most of the people that had all the hatred for them were from the last generation

Yeah, at that point the only reason for them not being allowed to play was because they have a rule against any major label bands playing, it was nothing personal. It was a bit cheeky of them but they were among friends so I doubt anyone there was particularly bothered by the one off rule break.

• Like 3

https://soundcloud.com/todd409/oh-love-acapella-green-day

Hopefully Soundcloud doesn't take it down!

I just don't get the need to put those types of filters on him. He sounds SO much better on Demolicious. And leave the backing vocals to Mike, not a choir of recorded Billies. The chorus sounds ridiculous a cappella. :rolleyes:

I just don't get the need to put those types of filters on him. He sounds SO much better on Demolicious. And leave the backing vocals to Mike, not a choir of recorded Billies. The chorus sounds ridiculous a cappella. :rolleyes:

Billie likes the filters for whatever strange reason

Billie likes the filters for whatever strange reason

Self-conscious thing perhaps? I don't get it. He's good enough on his own, or at least a little more natural-sounding than that.

• Like 1

Self-conscious thing perhaps? I don't get it. He's good enough on his own, or at least a little more natural-sounding than that.

No idea he didn't start using the filters until American Idiot he sounded fine on all the past albums

I remember seeing an interview where he talks about the filters but I can't remember what exactly he said about em tman or tom would be a better person to remember interviews

but they don't bug me as it does others tho I understand the ones who do bitch about it

I think the trilogy would of been much much better if mike was doing the backing vocals instead of Billie doing it all. I don't mind the filters all that much, some songs are even better with it, but I like hearing some variety in the vocals with Mike coming in.

• Like 3

I think the trilogy would of been much much better if mike was doing the backing vocals instead of Billie doing it all.

Billie doesn't do it all, Mike has plenty of backing vocals on the trilogy and Billie's done his own on past albums as well. This isn't the first time.

• Like 2

Billie doesn't do it all, Mike has plenty of backing vocals on the trilogy and Billie's done his own on past albums as well. This isn't the first time.

I was more refering to the vocals on oh love. As you really hear the backing vocals there and it all sound so similar. The song sounds much better live.

I was more refering to the vocals on oh love. As you really hear the backing vocals there and it all sound so similar. The song sounds much better live.

Then you don't think "the trilogy would of been much much better if mike was doing the backing vocals instead of Billie doing it all", you think Oh Love would have been.

Then you don't think "the trilogy would of been much much better if mike was doing the backing vocals instead of Billie doing it all", you think Oh Love would have been.

Mike doing more vocals. You dont hear him as much on trilogy songs like I could in past albums. You know what I mean so don't try and be difficult.

• Like 2

Is there any thread where I can find the alternative lyrics for Oh, Love and Let Yourself Go from Demolicious?

Thanks.

You know what I mean

If you do mean just the songs where he actually is the only one singing, then I know what you mean. Not when you use the phrases "the trilogy" and "Billie doing it all", though. Especially not when Mike has plenty of vocals on the trilogy and Billie's been doing his own on some songs since at least Warning and no one's ever complained before.

If you do mean just the songs where he actually is the only one singing, then I know what you mean. Not when you use the phrases "the trilogy" and "Billie doing it all", though. Especially not when Mike has plenty of vocals on the trilogy and Billie's been doing his own on some songs since at least Warning and no one's ever complained before.

I just used the word Trilogy as Billies backing vocals are present more often or just more noticeable to me anyway.

• Like 1

Looks like an unreleased trilogy-era song called Gabriella was performed at the first 2011 intimate club gig at Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, CA. Is there any bootleg of that performance and if not does anybody know anything about what the song sounded like?

Looks like an unreleased trilogy-era song called Gabriella was performed at the first 2011 intimate club gig at Tiki Bar in Costa Mesa, CA. Is there any bootleg of that performance and if not does anybody know anything about what the song sounded like?

I think it was played at the Tiki Bar or something but if it was it's shit quality. Here's the lyrics, though.

VZ66DVm.png

• Like 1

I think it was played at the Tiki Bar or something but if it was it's shit quality. Here's the lyrics, though.

Looks like this song was turned into Amanda. At least the first verse.

Looks like this song was turned into Amanda. At least the first verse.

Not really. The lyrics were borrowed, but the entire theme of the songs are completely different. Gabriella's lyrics make "her" look sound more like Ashley - "you ain't no cinderella" is like "you're no fucking saint" while Amanda is more about admiring the relationship Billie had with his ex, so the songs are about two different things

There are no recordings that we know of, the only ones we got from that show were Oh Love, Loss of Control, A Little Boy Named Train, State of Shock, Sweet 16, Stray Heart, Rusty James, Amy, and Goodbye to Romance (not including the Cuatro footage)

There are no recordings that we know of, the only ones we got from that show were Oh Love, Loss of Control, A Little Boy Named Train, State of Shock, Sweet 16, Stray Heart, Rusty James, Amy, and Goodbye to Romance (not including the Cuatro footage)

Thanks for answering! I will have to YouTube, A Little Boy Named Train and Sweet 16 from the Tiki Bar show because I don't think I've heard live recordings or even incomplete ones of those two songs.

I really don't want to be a bother but it would be awesome if the person who put the accpella up of oh love could do just the guitar track for the song it would be much appreciated ?

Probably the stupidest question Ive ever asked but does the st jimmy symbol literally symbolize rage and love? or somethin else?

Probably the stupidest question Ive ever asked but does the st jimmy symbol literally symbolize rage and love? or somethin else?

Which one? If it's the upside down cross with the heart then yes, most likely.

Which one? If it's the upside down cross with the heart then yes, most likely.

yes that one! my bad, didnt even realize I forgot to specify lol