Green Day Q&A Thread

Liam

Mid 2003. I don't know how long it tooked, try finding some records from Ocean Way and Studio 880.

This was answered before, but I don't remember. What song is the piano part for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o5sJfVprBA#t=33

I'm thinking of Jesus of Suburbia. That part when between ending of "when you were victimized" and starting of last part. That silence.

I'm thinking of Jesus of Suburbia. That part when between ending of "when you were victimized" and starting of last part. That silence.

What?

Why would R&RG have the same note over and over for that long?

It's quite a common thing in old rock n roll to have the piano hold a pedal like that for ages. If you listen closely it definitely has that in there.

https://www.youtube.co

Between 11:25 and 11:29

Yeah, I know what part you're talking about. That just makes extremely little sense.

It's quite a common thing in old rock n roll to have the piano hold a pedal like that for ages. If you listen closely it definitely has that in there.

Just listened to the multi-tracks, you're right. Thanks.

• Like 1

Green Day's performance of Working Class Hero on American Idol was pre-recorded or something because Fox didn't trust them not to swear on live television, right? So was Billie lip syncing in the video or it was just a tape from earlier in the day?

Green Day's performance of Working Class Hero on American Idol was pre-recorded or something because Fox didn't trust them not to swear on live television, right? So was Billie lip syncing in the video or it was just a tape from earlier in the day?

Tape from earlier.

Fox didn't trust them not to swear on live television

That's pretty funny.

I've always wondered but is there any pictures of green day at there main practice space where they usually make up new songs or rehearse old ones? I'm assuming it's at jingletown in oakland right? Are there any pictures? I know there footage of them on cuatro but every room looked different.

I meant that every practice room I saw them in was different throught cuatro and I wanted to know which one was jingletown.

Have you ever been in a building where all the rooms look the same?

Is their going to be a non record store day version of demolicous? like one for normal sale?

I know the phrase "stop when the red lights flash" is sung in the song of the same name and in Oh Love. But is that line sung in any other songs off the trilogy? I feel it might have been but I can't totally remember.

I know the phrase "stop when the red lights flash" is sung in the song of the same name and in Oh Love. But is that line sung in any other songs off the trilogy? I feel it might have been but I can't totally remember.

Dirty Rotten Bastards

IDK, but it is in their cover of That's Alright from 21CBD.

Dirty Rotten Bastards

IDK, but it is in their cover of That's Alright from 21CBD.

Wow that's interesting! Never noticed that.

Dirty Rotten Bastards

That's the one I was forgetting. Thanks!

I'm sure it's been asked many times and I'm sorry but what is that effect billie uses on his vocals for the songs? EX: http://youtu.be/z1t0Sp491vc

What's the effect called and why can't you hear it on the albums but when it's by it's self it's annoyingly there. I also notice that it's only on American idiot and 21st century breakdown that he uses it...I've heard he uses it in the trilogy but I don't hear it.

I'm sure it's been asked many times and I'm sorry but what is that effect billie uses on his vocals for the songs? EX:

What's the effect called and why can't you hear it on the albums but when it's by it's self it's annoyingly there. I also notice that it's only on American idiot and 21st century breakdown that he uses it...I've heard he uses it in the trilogy but I don't hear it.

It's a delay with all the high and low frequencies cut out, and there might be some slight distortion on it too. It makes his voice stand out over the distorted guitars more, but the effect itself blends into the sound of the guitars, which is why it's not so obvious in the full songs. It's present on the Trilogy but because the guitars are cleaner and quieter it's more obvious.

I don't really hear it in the trilogy though. Do you know any examples of when you can really hear the effect from a certain song, that it sticks out the most?

I don't really hear it in the trilogy though. Do you know any examples of when you can really hear the effect from a certain song, that it sticks out the most?

Every song on the trilogy...