Random Green Day News

Hermione

What’s the official current stream count on Basket Case right now? Mine hasn’t moved since yesterday it’s still showing 999,529,176.  Should be getting very close to that billionth stream.  Do you think the band will acknowledge it in some way?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

They have officially surpassed one billion streams on Spotify with Basket Case. Now it's American Idiot's turn to hit that goal

Yay!!! 🥳🥳🥳

• Like 4

We have won, GDC! We managed to hit such a milestone.

• Like 2

Should be focusing on saviors who cares about a song from 30 years ago? New album needs to be getting higher steaming numbers 

18 hours ago, JardyOfSuburbia said:

Hey, so I work in live sports television (Bally Sports, specifically, Cleveland Guardians and Cavs) and one of our March Artists of the Month is Green Day! Interestingly enough the song we're allowed to use is Corvette Summer, so basically you'll hear this song used in highlights and stuff during the broadcast.

Kind of an odd choice to use for the NBA, but could definitely see this working for MLB/summer.

Here's the email I got.

KsiKL03.png

Too short! Lol he's older than dirt what does he have to rap about arthritis? Lol

5 minutes ago, ekim said:

Should be focusing on saviors who cares about a song from 30 years ago? New album needs to be getting higher steaming numbers 

Too short! Lol he's older than dirt what does he have to rap about arthritis? Lol

I'm playing Fancy Sauce 360 times a day, only skipping the last second because there's not enough time in one day to listen more than that.    What are you doing to help the plight of deep cuts in 2024, my friend? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ekim said:

It's a milestone people should care if one of the hits gets 1 billion. It's not like life is Saviors or something.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, billy1986 said:

It’s like they barley care or promote Saviors now 

Seriously they should be hitting up the late night TV shows playing bobby sox goodnight adeline suzie chapstick strange days are here to stay not worrying about playing covers 

On 2/24/2024 at 4:02 PM, The 99th revolution said:

It's a milestone people should care if one of the hits gets 1 billion. It's not like life is Saviors or something.

Milestones aren't as important as promoting new music and staying relevant nostalgia acts care about Milestones because that's all they have like guns n roses bon jovi acdc green day is still out there making good music that should be the main focus 

• Like 1

So if for example AI gets 1 billion listens we go like "..." and don't say shit about it? Man that's important as well because if AI hits 1 billion it'd be the 2nd 1 billion listen song which will be a very great accomplishment for example.

• Like 1

I just don't understand why anyone gives a shit about the amount of listens X song has. It has been established years ago that Dookie is their most successful album with signature songs that gets played to this day. 10 years later they released yet another successful album with signature songs that are relevant to this day. This is like caring about music video having 1 billion views, album selling 10 million copies in 90s or other nonsense. I just don't get it and it doesn't reflect to Green Day's best work at all.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Miko said:

I just don't understand why anyone gives a shit about the amount of listens X song has. It has been established years ago that Dookie is their most successful album with signature songs that gets played to this day. 10 years later they released yet another successful album with signature songs that are relevant to this day. This is like caring about music video having 1 billion views, album selling 10 million copies in 90s or other nonsense. I just don't get it and it doesn't reflect to Green Day's best work at all.

I give a shit because those are huge numbers and to me it's amazing news for a song to hit such numbers in views a MV has for example, even if it's popular. Not my duty to say nothing about celebrating for example BOBD getting 1 billion listens if it ever happens. Lol.

26 minutes ago, The 99th revolution said:

I give a shit because those are huge numbers and to me it's amazing news for a song to hit such numbers in views a MV has for example, even if it's popular. Not my duty to say nothing about celebrating for example BOBD getting 1 billion listens if it ever happens. Lol.

Amazing news by what metric? For me this just reeks of desperation by diehard Green Day fans that so badly want this band to be still relevant in 2024.

Yes I want this band to remain relevant in these times but not in a way that "OMG PLEASE KEEP GD RELEVANT IM A FUCKING IDIOT DUHHHHHHHH" lol. And it's amazing news because regardless of if it's a demo of Billie yelling and saying unintelligible stuff in a McDonald's restroom, it's still a huge number and that's what's important. Not like I want Green Day to be the center of attention. LMFAO

Billie Joe was in the new Gibson store in London today, and bought a shell pink ES335. I know this because half of my friends work there and I am personally very very sad. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 2

Sum 41 mentionning Green Day in their Facebook post.

img%5D

• Like 3