Random Green Day News

Hermione

The van one? As in when Smelly from NOFX stole a van and Billie was on the back?

• Like 1

@Montclare @The Grohl @Robbie1039

Just heard that Q101 is having a ticket giveaway to see GD in San Francisco.  I just missed texting in tonight, about 5:03, since I was driving home.  :( 

Maybe tomorrow I’ll catch it.

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, lizziebix said:

Just heard that Q101 is having a ticket giveaway to see GD in San Francisco.  I just missed texting in tonight, about 5:03, since I was driving home.  :( 

Weird, you'd think they'd offer it for Wrigley.

32 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Weird, you'd think they'd offer it for Wrigley.

I think WTMX is doing it for Wrigley later this year. 

3 hours ago, lizziebix said:

I texted yesterday but didn’t win.  I won tickets to twisted xmas in December so it might be too soon for me to win another thing.  Idk how their system works lol.  I know the next chance to win is tomorrow at 7AM!

• Like 1

I believe I may have solved the mystery of the unknown Berkeley Square song: I was able to make out what Billie was saying as: "This is called future old boy" but the first U has a weird accent to it, I may be hearing things but even then this HAS to be a possible lead

Just heard TADIKM in an ad for tonight's episode of ABC's The Conners

• Like 1

So in the very recent interview with Good Morning Britain which is released on youtube today, Green Day mentions:

American Idiot documentary they have watched recently.

So it is official that an American Idiot documentary will be released (probably late this year).

• Love 1
  • Surprised 1

Heart Like a Hand Grenade: "Am I a joke to you?"

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

So in the very recent interview with Good Morning Britain which is released on youtube today, Green Day mentions:

American Idiot documentary they have watched recently.

So it is official that an American Idiot documentary will be released (probably late this year).

"We just watched a documentary that we're gonna put out for American Idiot"

Whoah!!!!

I made a new thread for this, it deserves one

• Like 1
  • Love 2

AI and Dookie are great…but us lifelong fans…I’d love a anniversary tour of them playing Insomniac and Nimrod in full more…also I’d love some documentary..if any film exists behind recording Insomniac…the follow up to Dookie and rough cuts of Insomniac and demos would sound badass…a look how they got that raw sound…or footage behind them experimenting with their sound on Nimrod would be awesome…hope they do something for 21st Century Breakdown a documentary for that would be great too. I just want to hear Westbound Sign, Babs Ulva Who? Jink Haushinka, Walking Alone live once…so many great albums cuts and wish Insomniac Nimrod and 21st got more love and attention then just Dookie and AI

• Like 1

I wanna hear Westbound and all the Insonimrod deep cuts as well, but sadly I have no hope. If only I could break into the band's studio and play catch-the-contract with Billie!

• Love 1

On 2/13/2024 at 11:07 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

"We just watched a documentary that we're gonna put out for American Idiot"

Whoah!!!!

I made a new thread for this, it deserves one

Wasn't heart like a grenade the documentary of American idiot? 

Yes but this documentary could be outtakes from HLAHG. Maybe we'll hear one C&V song.

1 minute ago, The 99th revolution said:

Yes but this documentary could be outtakes from HLAHG. Maybe we'll hear one C&V song.

It won’t be outtakes they won’t release a whole new documentary that’s just outtakes when more raw footage is already on YouTube and they want to interest people who’ve never seen HLAHG. This would have to be an entirely new doc with a different focus or what’s the point.

• Like 1

What I meant is they could release the documentary and feature some outtakes. 

1 hour ago, peachesandzebras said:

Not sure if this has been shared yet! Little interview snippets. Tre briefly talks about an American Idiot anniversary reissue at 0:38.

There’s a thread for the American Idiot doc they mentioned. Maybe this should be shared there too. Sounds like the doc is part of the new album reissue 

• Like 2
  • Love 1