Still Breathing Official Music Video

Grinch

1 hour ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Well then...I'm only sorry I don't have any crackers for all that cheese.

Winner.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I didn't like about the video was that Billie was wearing such tight pants and yet I could not see a bulge.  I give it 4.5 potatoes.  

3 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:
3 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

The greatest Green Day song ever!   

I have to take your post seriously here (even though we are all- myself very much included- subject to over reacting at times). In the moment of right now, it actually might be. It's a huge, huge song, one of their most powerful in recent memory.

This is probably a better post for the song discussion instead of the video thread, but I think it's worth thinking about. I never have a true "favorite" song, but I always have a short list of top songs that has stayed relatively consistent (Westbound, Scattered, Letterbomb, Deadbeat, Pasalacqua, Suburbia, Christie, Blast, Brutal Love, JAR, etc.). The list stays pretty similar year after year and some of these have been favorites for decades.

I think I know myself pretty well at this point, and I can honestly say that I could definitely see this song in this short list 10-20+ years from now.

Add this to the fact that we're in this triumphant moment of return for this band, and how this song is directly reflective of and inspired by Billie's survival. This was the one song that he really used to acknowledge and celebrate it.

Yeah, this one cuts deep. It's an amazing song on any level, and in the context of the last few years, it has to be catapulted to near the top of their catalogue with the deep meaning attached.

So, while on the surface any "greatest song ever" proclamations seems like a quantum leap...in this case it might be correct. I think it'll take me a decade or two to say with absolute certainty that it's the greatest ever...but you're on to something here.

2 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Whoo hang on there;)

Love the song & video.

You're right.  

The greatest piece of music in all of history.

and the music video - the greatest achievement in cinema in all of time and space.    

1 minute ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

You're right.  

The greatest piece of music in all of history.

and the music video - the greatest achievement in cinema in all of time and space.    

Haha- love it. Entertain my nerdiness for a second and just let me remind you that our observable universe (which is freaking huge and we will never know anything about at all) is, from our theoretical calculations at the lowest limit, roughly the size of an atom compared to the observable universe in context of what we think the total unknowable universe might be. Therefore, the observable universe (47 billion light years across), is at an absolute minimum only 1x10^23 of the total of our individual universe (and according to physics there might be many, perhaps infinitely/ eternally so). So it's hard to say it's the best in all space and time, but even then...in the gigantic abyss of what's out there, how lucky are we to have this band as part of our lives?

1 minute ago, TimmyChunks said:

I have to take your post seriously here (even though we are all- myself very much included- subject to over reacting at times). In the moment of right now, it actually might be. It's a huge, huge song, one of their most powerful in recent memory.

This is probably a better post for the song discussion instead of the video thread, but I think it's worth thinking about. I never have a true "favorite" song, but I always have a short list of top songs that has stayed relatively consistent (Westbound, Scattered, Letterbomb, Deadbeat, Pasalacqua, Suburbia, Christie, Blast, Brutal Love, JAR, etc.). The list stays pretty similar year after year and some of these have been favorites for decades.

I think I know myself pretty well at this point, and I can honestly say that I could definitely see this song in this short list 10-20+ years from now.

Add this to the fact that we're in this triumphant moment of return for this band, and how this song is directly reflective of and inspired by Billie's survival. This was the one song that he really used to acknowledge and celebrate it.

Yeah, this one cuts deep. It's an amazing song on any level, and in the context of the last few years, it has to be catapulted to near the top of their catalogue with the deep meaning attached.

So, while on the surface any "greatest song ever" proclamations seems like a quantum leap...in this case it might be correct. I think it'll take me a decade or two to say with absolute certainty that it's the greatest ever...but you're on to something here.

Hey, that's an awesome list of favorites!  Scattered, Letterbomb, Suburbia and Brutal Love are certainly waaaay up on my list as well.   

This song really does cut deep, and the music video is worming its way into an emotional part of me for sure.

About to go watch it again.  

1 minute ago, TimmyChunks said:

Haha- love it. Entertain my nerdiness for a second and just let me remind you that our observable universe (which is freaking huge and we will never know anything about at all) is, from our theoretical calculations at the lowest limit, roughly the size of an atom compared to the observable universe in context of what we think the total unknowable universe might be. Therefore, the observable universe (47 billion light years across), is at an absolute minimum only 1x10^23 of the total of our individual universe (and according to physics there might be many, perhaps infinitely/ eternally so). So it's hard to say it's the best in all space and time, but even then...in the gigantic abyss of what's out there, how lucky are we to have this band as part of our lives?

You think there are bands in other parts of the universe that simply blow Green Day out of the water?    

So we get the child, the ambulance, the soldier,

skip the junkie (either the soldier or Billie could be this one as well as the other things)   

the son without a father, the mother barely keeping it together.   

I'm super excited about this song and video, but like Billie said about this song, eyes are forward.  

Next single is going to be a fast song.   So much good materiel to choose from!   For a faster single it could be:  RevRad, Say Goodbye, Bouncing off the Wall, Youngblood, Too Dumb to Die.  My vote is for the latter, but I think I'm in the minority on that one.   

2 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

So we get the child, the ambulance, the soldier,

skip the junkie (either the soldier or Billie could be this one as well as the other things)   

the son without a father, the mother barely keeping it together.   

I'm super excited about this song and video, but like Billie said about this song, eyes are forward.  

Next single is going to be a fast song.   So much good materiel to choose from!   For a faster single it could be:  RevRad, Say Goodbye, Bouncing off the Wall, Youngblood, Too Dumb to Die.  My vote is for the latter, but I think I'm in the minority on that one.   

Still waiting for a lyric video for TDTD. That song is awesome because it has the power+sound of any song on Nimrod. I don't know if it will be released as a single because it has not the potential of BB or SB.

10 hours ago, pucky said:

I love how this video is reminiscent of Good Riddance, which was also focused on multiple stories and characters and transmitted perfectly that desperate, existential anguish that I have always felt in Green Day music. That feeling of "the world is fucked up, I am fucked up, but that's okay, that's the way it is and I keep going no matter what". 

Great observation! Makes me enjoy the video even more.

2 hours ago, Smitty said:

The video is now #10 on trending!

It was 42 a few hours ago...vid is amazing and will reach number 1 in due time.  

It's #2 in the U.K. Right now, don't know if that's worldwide too?

9 hours ago, Jake69 said:

The music video is currently the 15th most trending video on YouTube. Gaining views very fast. 

Is it gaining views faster than Bang Bang, if you remember?

Youtube has been around for over 10 years and their view count feature is still fucked up :tired: would love to see the views accumulating in real time!

Had a look and my counter currently says 537k views. Not bad at all!

8 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Besides the counter not moving for me - how's the views going compared to the other revrad videos?

It is at 565K views right now and #12 trending.  Most of the other trending videos are on the election.  I think this is much better than the Bang Bang video  

2 hours ago, Scattered Wreck said:

It is at 565K views right now and #12 trending.  Most of the other trending videos are on the election.  I think this is much better than the Bang Bang video  

This is way better than the Bang Bang video

If I remember correctly the Bang Bang video didn't have much fanfare when it was released. This one was much better promoted (like, what better way to show it to the masses than the EMAs?) so it'll definitely do better than Bang Bang.

This video has some meaning and I can relate to it

Same thing with the videos of Boulevard and Wake Me Up When September Ends, those were really amazing videos. 

Fantastic video! Looks stunning and I would say their most personal video. Clearly deals with Billies struggles and the video is pretty literal with image and lyric. I'm not sure what people were expecting. If it strayed from the point (like Bang Bang video did) people would moan. 

Guys, the video has been on YouTube for just 24 hours and its views are now pretty close to 650k. I bet that next week (November 14th) it will have the same number of views of Bang Bang music video.

Just now, End Of The World said:

Guys, the video has been on YouTube for just 24 hours and its views are now pretty close to 650k. I bet that next week (November 14th) it will have the same number of views of Bang Bang music video.

I am sure it will eventually surpass Bang Bang too 

Well, Bang Bang was first released on Facebook, so it lost about 24hrs worth of views right there that could have been seen on YouTube.

Oh, the views will easily surpass Bang Bang, no doubt.

Archived