NY Daily News wants to take your picture

Fuzz

The New York Daily News is wanting to photograph some Green Day fans in the NY area who are planning on going to the musical. They want you all punked up apparently.

’m a reporter from the New York Daily News who was assigned a feature on mega-Green Day fans excited about the band’s upcoming Broadway play, “America Idiot,” and plan to attend the show “in costume.” I was wondering if you knew any fans from the New York City area who plan to attend the Broadway play “in costume” – meaning wearing punk or grunge style clothes, hair, accessories, etc., or if you’d be willing to post on your site a request for those fans to contact me?

Ideally, we’re looking for fans who live in the NYC-area (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, or Long Island) who can be interviewed and photographed in their punk/grunge clothes by mid-week next week.

Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll send give you details on how to get in touch with her.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the title sounded amazingly stalkerish :P it's a shame I'm no new yorker :(

I think that's a bit silly. As if all Green Day fans wear punk or grunge style clothes.

Still cool that they want to take pics. But why only NYC area?

I think that's a bit silly. As if all Green Day fans wear punk or grunge style clothes.

Still cool that they want to take pics. But why only NYC area?

Because that's where they're located, hence the "New York" part in their title.

In costume? What the fuck is up with that shit? In costume? What are punks, Halloween decorations or something?

And here we were in the AI thread talking about dressing up nice and Broadway for the show...

hahaha....

Sorry for cursing, Andres... stuff like this pisses me off.

damn, i didn't read whole article. this is not my costume. that's stupid. good i don't like there :lol:

just kidding. but it's annoying if they take it as costume. soon they'll call it 'uniforms'. it's like labelling a bit :mellow:

Because that's where they're located, hence the "New York" part in their title.

Yeah, I know. But lots of people are coming from all over America and Europe too to see the musical. Shouldn't they be allowed to have their photograph taken as well?

Yeah, I know. But lots of people are coming from all over America and Europe too to see the musical. Shouldn't they be allowed to have their photograph taken as well?

They are not going all over the world to take someone's photograph for a local newspaper... ;)

damn, i didn't read whole article. this is not my costume. that's stupid. good i don't like there :lol:

just kidding. but it's annoying if they take it as costume. soon they'll call it 'uniforms'. it's like labelling a bit :mellow:

It is labeling. Because Green Day fans are all punks and grunge fans. They all wear the same clothes. :rolleyes:

They are not going all over the world to take someone's photograph for a local newspaper... ;)

Oh wait. I thought they were actually going to take the pictures at the venue or something.

It is labeling. Because Green Day fans are all punks and grunge fans. They all wear the same clothes. :rolleyes:

Oh wait. I thought they were actually going to take the pictures at the venue or something.

The message said that the article was coming out in a few weeks... so they need people here for it.

The message said that the article was coming out in a few weeks... so they need people here for it.

Okay, sorry my bad. :lol:

As mentioned in the post, they want this done by mid next week.

The first thing I thought when I read this was, "What is this, a fucking Rocky Horror performance?!" I'd think most people would be dressing up in...more dignified clothes for a Broadway production. And people who read this article and see people dressed up like this might get the wrong idea about Green Day fans.

But still, it's nice that the show is getting a bit of press.

Edit: Wait, nvm, so it's not going to actually be at the show. Still, I think it's a little odd.

Haha I can see Beth, Tanya et al with Mohawks, pins and chains everywhere, go for it girls, take the piss :D

Haha I can see Beth, Tanya et al with Mohawks, pins and chains everywhere, go for it girls, take the piss :D

Right-O! I'm spiking my hair as we speak and slashing my clothes all over the place!

AAAARRGGHHHHH!!!!!

Haha...

In costume? What the fuck is up with that shit? In costume? What are punks, Halloween decorations or something?

My exact thoughts.

:blink: Charming, I find it a bit of a cheek the way they are just demanding a load of punks to turn up and get herded into a photo that will be broadcasted. Stereotypical views again and it seems like they want it to be a bit of a freak show. God I hate the media :angry:

And here we were in the AI thread talking about dressing up nice and Broadway for the show...

hahaha....

Sorry for cursing, Andres... stuff like this pisses me off.

I had the same reaction.

So the caption will read, "Person A, B, and C dressed in costume for American Idiot"? Wow. Really?

Maybe I'll be able to take the bus down to see the show

Anyone from here who's considering going should wear dresses or suits, or any formal clothes.

Cause, y'know, that would totally be the punk thing to do. :ninja:

Archived