Billie Joe to play St. Jimmy in the musical

Fuzz

I figured this should be it's own thread. It was announced today that Billie Joe will be joining the musical cast all week to perform as St. Jimmy.

Post on GDA

http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/802/

And Billie Joe's tweet

I'm gonna be playing the part of St. Jimmy in AI on broadway sept 28 thru Oct 3. All week! See ya there! Rage n love-billie joe

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well damn. Now I have to go copy-paste all my posts in the AI Musical thread. :lol:

I just told my parents and they was taking the pee saying that I'm going to go to America and go to every show. ahahahahaah :mellow:

Hate being English right now, that would be so awesome to see. ahh.

seriously fml. miss everything! he knows how to own a stage so i got total confidence in him. shit another amazing accomplishment for him to add to his collection.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the whole musical thing, but the guys need to have some fun inbetween making records! This seems to be a perfect thing to do and I hope it'll inspire them (Billie mostly ofc) when the time comes for studio sessions.

I would love to go see him perform. I would get to see him and the musical, another thing I've always wanted to see.

I hope we get a video of this, or at least pictures.

that would be interesting to see...can't work out if it will be good or not. But I still want to be there!

It kind of seems to be like he wants to just go for it while the musical is still on broadway, just so say he's done it, to give it a go, whatever.

I wish I could see this.

to anyone who's seen the musical; what does St Jimmy do? does he just sing the song and jumps around? or does also act and has some lines?

I can't stop laughing at this idea. I'm sure it's gonna be fucking awesome to see this but oh man, Billie on broadway? Can't really picture it.

I am absolutely gutted as I just said in the AI thread.

I would give anything to be there, arghhhh, I'm now searching for flights and stuff but somehow the £40 I have to my name doesn't seem to stretch across the Atlantic.

I'm going to go buy a scratch card and hope God or someone really loves me right now and fancies letting me do this. £1200 to America and back? Thats rubbbbbish! HGRG:JFDEGRJ I'm just have such a sinking feeling in my stomach because after wanting to see this musical so badly and now Billie is playing St.Jimmy. And me being there is virtually impossible. Gawd. I just. Ghprkg. Keep having to hit the keyboard.

Seeing Billie act is something I just cannot picture, I'm sure its going to be hilarious :lol:

AGRHHGHHG

I'd love to see his interpretation of St. Jimmy, the actors connect with the character and bring it to life, but Billie -or at least a part of him- is St Jimmy. I'd find that fascinating to watch, but it's not going to happen unfortunately.

Well, I suppose he wouldn't do it (and Michael and the rest of the cast wouldn't let him) if it wasn't good.

Now that I've come over the initial laughing fit of hearing that he's actually gonna do it, I'm really curious as to how this will turn out. His tv acting wasn't the best, but acting in a musical is so different from acting in front of a camera, so we'll see what happens.

It's just such a weird idea, Billie on Broadway. I wish I could see this. Not for the fangirl part of it of "oooooh seeing Billie", but just to see how he plays the part. And then also be able to compare it to the musical with the original cast and stuff. :happy: unfortunately neither of that is going to happen :(

Ah well. This will probably give him bonus points in my mom's book, which is in turn good for me because she'll think higher of Green Day. :lol::happy:

Also looking forward to him singing, especially together with the cast's voices. How it works together and stuff :)

And looool Billie in that St. Jimmy suit. :lol: somehow I imagine him drowning in it. Which is kind of bullshit since TV is only a little taller than Billie, I think?

I wonder what he'll do with his hair. can't imagine him shaving it off. How do Andrew and the other St. Jimmy understudy (his name has slipped my mind) have their hair? (I don't know what they look like, in their normal roles or in St. Jimmy)

ohmygosh, I would love to see this since we all know how great of an actor Billie Joe really is :whistle

No but really, that's awesome. The real voice and everything!

I hope somebody sneaks in a camera to record some of it

:ninja:

Wow, I never would've thought that he'd actually do this.

LOL my first thought was "Isn't he too old for something like this?!?" :lol:

I am absolutely gutted as I just said in the AI thread.

I would give anything to be there, arghhhh, I'm now searching for flights and stuff but somehow the £40 I have to my name doesn't seem to stretch across the Atlantic.

I'm going to go buy a scratch card and hope God or someone really loves me right now and fancies letting me do this. £1200 to America and back? Thats rubbbbbish! HGRG:JFDEGRJ I'm just have such a sinking feeling in my stomach because after wanting to see this musical so badly and now Billie is playing St.Jimmy. And me being there is virtually impossible. Gawd. I just. Ghprkg. Keep having to hit the keyboard.

Seeing Billie act is something I just cannot picture, I'm sure its going to be hilarious :lol:

AGRHHGHHG

Pretty much this.

like I have said in the other forum; I don't know how to feel about this news,

but best of luck to him and the cast. I'd like to see some reviews if any of you go.

I wish I could see this.

to anyone who's seen the musical; what does St Jimmy do? does he just sing the song and jumps around? or does also act and has some lines?

He's following Jesus Of Suburbia (John Gallagher) and his best scene is his death during homecoming. So yeah, he sings, he jumps a bit, and I think he has some lines, yes. Homecoming is going to be crazy! And Know Your Enemy!

Archived