Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's

desertrose

Calling all American Idiots: Green Day is set embark on a stadium tour in 2024 alongside Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, and the Linda Lindas.

Billie Joe Armstrong & Co. shared the big news during a secret show at Fremont Country Club in Las Vegas on Thursday night, where they also debuted a new track, "The American Dream Is Killing Me," which Armstrong called "the first song off our new album."

A flyer handed out at the show revealed that the tour will kick off in the U.S. and featured the following message to the U.K. and Europe: "You're next."

Green Day has yet to share more details about their upcoming album and tour, and representatives for the band declined to offer further comment.

https://ew.com/music/green-day-debut-song-new-album-announce-2024-tour/

393304885_6872945666095427_4047488250789

• desertrose changed the title to Green Day US summer stadium tour 2024 w/Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid, Linda Linda's
1 hour ago, Insomniac186 said:

Not a fan at all of the Smashing Pumpkins (well, mostly just Billy Corgan). I guess I'll use their set time to visit the concession and merch stands. What an odd touring partner for GD. Never would have thought to pair them together.

It makes sense rancid and the smashing pumpkins like green day burst in the 90s as part of the punk revival period 

• Like 2

I'm disappointed that it will be another stadium tour, but I get it. Will this be three openers like it essentially was for Hella Mega? Or do you think they will rotate nights? I really hope it's the latter so that we get a longer show and a more diverse setlist.

• Like 1

I like some of the old SP Albums and saw them in 2019. they‘re not that bad, but I can understand if some people dont like them. So hope to see them together in EU. But hopefully Green Day doing a longer show than Hella Mega

I get why SP are second headliner but yeah, that'll be a good opportunity for everyone to go to the bar.

(Saw them a few years ago and were awful)

I hope at least they take the tour to Asia both GD and Rancid love Japan, might make the trip for that

• Like 2

Hey! Do you guys think the dates of the tour will be announced next Tuesday when the single is out? Or later on?

i am so EXCITED!!!😁😁😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Insomniac186 said:

Not a fan at all of the Smashing Pumpkins (well, mostly just Billy Corgan). I guess I'll use their set time to visit the concession and merch stands. What an odd touring partner for GD. Never would have thought to pair them together.

I think it might be an attempt by Green Day to not get lumped in with all the 2000s pop punk bands and instead target a more alternative rock / 90s revival audience. Whether or not that is a smart or sensible decision, I could not say. I really like the Smashing Pumpkins to be honest, well, their 90s stuff anyway. Billy Corgan on a personal level, different matter. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jengd said:

I think Smashing Pumpkins are a terrible fit, between Rancid and Green Day, I just can’t see it going down well. 

I disagree wholeheartedly. This is the lineup for a show I never knew I needed.

This is WAYYY better than Weezer or Fall Out Boy. I know we have some FOB and no disrespected but they’re not in the same league as GD. I like Weezer but they also have no business being there. Although it’s way more fitting than FOB.

The bands in this lineup now dominated alternative radio throughout the 90s. They were played on the same stations and casual listeners of alternative radio will remember that. It’s going to be a fun night of awesome 90s and 2000s classics. 

SP obviously stick out as the different band here but it will bring some contrast between Rancid and Green Day.

• Like 2

I'm happy to see the SP, but their 90s stuff. Haven't paid attention to them since then. I think I'm the one person here who has no interest in Rancid.

• Like 3

Excited for this tour but also hoping they do some more club shows. They seem to like doing club shows :)🤞 

• Like 2

I feel like this is kind of a confirmation that Green Day doesn't fuck with Blink because this would have been a PERFECT opportunity to give them the SP slot insead

• Like 1

A Pop Disaster 2 sorta tour would've been a lot of fun (and would've caused an overload of hype). I didn't get to go to the original (because I was 12) but my older brother did and I am forever jealous, lol.

Smashing Pumpkins aren't bad but aren't my cup of tea. If this comes near me and I can go, I'd probably also just go to the merch tables and maybe get a (likely overpriced) drink during their set. I love Rancid and the Linda Lindas, though.

17 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I'm disappointed that it will be another stadium tour, but I get it. Will this be three openers like it essentially was for Hella Mega? Or do you think they will rotate nights? I really hope it's the latter so that we get a longer show and a more diverse setlist.

I hope it's like last time so others and myself who just want to see green day can show up later 

• Like 1

For anyone who hasn’t seen Rancid live, I do recommend them. They put on a great show and are a lot of fun. As far as SP goes, I’ll be hanging out at the concessions stand with y’all having a beer

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Montclare said:

I'm happy to see the SP, but their 90s stuff. Haven't paid attention to them since then. I think I'm the one person here who has no interest in Rancid.

You aren't alone. They (Rancid) have a few really good songs but I can live without seeing them again

Stadium tours with a lot of music isn’t the worst I guess. I mean I’m going to be in the back because it’s going to be expensive and I’m not about to stand for 5 hours. The solo tours are a lot more intimate and easier to get close, I definitely would think most fans would prefer that. Idk we will see I hope both happens!

• Like 4

I don't think I can handle a stadium any more (had to miss the whole of Hella Mega due to ill health) but we'll see what's announced and will decide then

• Sad 2