Minority

I guess that will be the setlist.

11 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Basket Case
When I Come Around
Father Of All...
Minority

I guess that will be the setlist.

They only did Bang Bang last time right? Will they even get time for FOAMF and one from Dookie?

3 minutes ago, legendary said:

New album promotion sucks

They prefer announce a performance talking about Dookie 25 than Father of All...

Agreed. Why are they promoting Dookie 25 when Hella Mega starts next year and album comes out in February? What the fuck are they doing? Why they want to be nostalgia act instead of relevant band?

Argh, I really love this band but I really don't like this Dookie 25 stuff. I wish they would promote the new album instead and perfom Fire, Ready, Aim and Father of All live.

I rarely watch awards shows these days (I don't have cable/network stations). Don't most performers only get 1 song? 

11 minutes ago, legendary said:

They prefer announce a performance talking about Dookie 25 than Father of All...

Magnum Opus confirmed🧐🥴

But honestly, I agree, promotion for the new album has felt weird and out of place from the very start. Ah well, who knows.

2 minutes ago, DadBod said:

I rarely watch awards shows these days (I don't have cable/network stations). Don't most performers only get 1 song? 

As far as I know, yes. Then again FOA and FRA are both so short so if they would want to surely they could play those songs live, right?

32 minutes ago, legendary said:

Not a fan of the anniversary stuff too, but if it's between anything from Dookie or a jingle I prefer Dookie :P

Maybe they’re hoping to sell a few more Hella Mega Tickets with the nostalgia lure. The new album isn’t out for nearly three months anyway. 

They aired both FOAMF and Basket Case during the EMAs and that seems to cover all their bases for old and new fans so maybe they figure that strategy works well. 

9 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Oh so they will only play 1 song?

We don't know. I was just asking. I haven't watched an award show of any kind in about 10 years.

5 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Oh so they will only play 1 song?

Usually that's how it is at award shows but maybe this time they get extra time to do both Dookie and FOAM.

5 minutes ago, paperlanterns22 said:

spin.com says they are doing Basket Case and Father of All at the show.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, paperlanterns22 said:

spin.com says they are doing Basket Case and Father of All at the show.

Yup, that sure was a good combo for the EMAs 

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They only did Bang Bang last time right? Will they even get time for FOAMF and one from Dookie?

They played American Idiot and Bang Bang in 2016

3 minutes ago, Flashback said:

They played American Idiot and Bang Bang in 2016

Pretty sure they played American Idiot and Bang Bang at the EMAs and just Bang Bang (with the "No Trump No KKK No Fascist USA" bridge) at the AMAs

I can kind of understand the frustration that they are not promoting the new album but if they do play "Father of All" then I think that's enough for now. Come end of January and February I'd be hoping for a lot more promotion of the new stuff. The album is still months off and its a short album, if they start promoting too much too early then there may not be a whole lot of new material left by the time the album release date comes around.

If they’re going to resort to being a nostalgia act, they might as well just release FOAM now and get it out of the way.

I get that they are celebrating Dookie but haven't they always been about the new stuff, not the past. Mike famously said, "Fuck the past" during the Trilogy era when fans wanted them to play their old stuff at the club shows. Did they just give up on their new stuff or what? Even this era has been all about the tour. Promotion has been pretty poor.

Archived